Ps. I just finally had a positive opk. I’m
    Currently on day 25 of my cycle so that’s very late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by YesIcan2020 View Post
    No health issues for my partner, he carries a small amount of extra weight and would like to start getting fit. Should he be doing cardio also and should he continue with caffeine or avoid?

I have never tracked fat, protein etc before so will see how I go entering what I eat into one of those food tracking apps then? So when you say not to include protein and fat from the veggies and fruit , do I just not enter them into the app?

Looking through the statistics what does inverse mean? And when the Success number outweighs the sways how does that work? I.e raspberry/peppermint tea stat?

Should I continue with Peppermint or is that a no for me also?

A lot of sways I read drink diet soda (coke) Do you recommend this and the sweetener for hot drinks?

Regarding Aspirin, I have asthma so may give that a miss.

My sister in-law was taking aspirin, works out a lot and is vegetarian (non sway) and got 2 girls lol!

I take 500mcg of Folinic acid a day, is that suitable?

And lastly I’m still unsure regarding the FR or abstain situation? Advice?

Thanks again, I’ll try not to ask any more as I’m sure you’re flat out

I am just moving this to the next page so I can refer to it as I reply to your question on the next page
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by YesIcan2020 View Post
    Ps. I just finally had a positive opk. I’m
    Currently on day 25 of my cycle so that’s very late

Ugh sorry I got interrupted and just now getting back to you.

I suspect the long cycle (if this is new for you) is caused by either the high dose of myoinositol or the peppermint tea.

I had thought you normally had a long cycle? Can you explain where your ovulation day has been in the past?

Jogging and biking have been shown in studies to sway pink for hubbies so that's great if he's wiling to do those things. As long as he loses more than say 5-10 pounds that's ok too. Small amounts of weight loss may raise testosterone so I generally have guys stay the same weight unless they plan to lose more than just a smidge.

You have to be wary with the food apps. You absolutely need to count calories in fruit and high carb veg, so you can't just not enter them. Some people will just up their pro and fat allowances by 5 g or so to compensate for the pro and fat in the fruit and veg that the apps count but we don't.

Inverse - we used to have a different lady doing the stats (I can't do my own stats as it's unethical for me to do them) and she would calculate the inverses, which are the amount of people who got girls WITHOUT doing those things. It was quite handy but a lot of work. They left the inverse setting in there but don't calculate it any more (which is fine because we have quite a good handle n what is really working now.)

The peppermint/raspberry tea stat is junk. It's completely unreliable, we have NEVER in 10 years used raspberry tea for pink, it probably sways blue, and the number is ridiculously high. Just ignore it. I keep deleting it and then when people update the stats it pops back up again automatically since it's entered into the spreadsheet.

Aspartame is at your option. I don't think it works but I keep it in the mix in safe and sane amounts for the people who believe in it.

Good please leave aspirin out. It hasn't worked, DEFINITELY aggravated the asthma of several people who used it, and also it has risks and side effects that we did not originally realize, but are significant (possibly causing miscarriage for many people who take it)

I prefer you guys more at 1000-1500 even since you're on a more restrictive diet. Take the higher amount all through the first trimester and then gradually wean off. never drop folic acid or folate cold turkey.

Neither abstain nor FR works. Fine to include them if you like but should be among the first things to drop, be sure to drop them BEFORE adding attempts. We use abstain for guys under 35, FR for guys over 35, but I really don't believe either of them does anything any more (and those inverses we used to do proved it!)

I'm always happy to answer questions, no worries!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Re cycles:
    Prior to our MC before recent baby my cycles were fine, then they went awool and I was having a 32-35 day cycle. I was then ovulating late in the cycle also so my LP was only 10 days if that.

I guess the thing I’m struggling to understand with the girl diet is after reading the ‘how we got our girls’ from girl mums it seems they all ate low nutrient, junky or unhealthy food. Whereas the LE type diet (to me anyway) seems quite lean/healthy if it’s low in everything. especially if I’m eating as much fruit and veg as I like. Am I supposed to be eating more junky food or healthy as I am?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry that sent before I finished typing lol!

Just not sure how to get calories and fat without protein and snacking. And feel like what I am eating is healthy.

Thank you

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is the overall fat, protein, calorie content of your diet that sways. So 1800 calories of brown rice is the same as 1800 calories of white rice.

We started off thinking that the nutrients in things like fruit and veg swayed. But over the course of time we learned that it was fat, protein, calories and HIGHLY FORTIFIED foods like taking multivitamins, breakfast cereal, meal replacer shakes/bars and NOT the vitamins in fruits and veg. Low carb vegetables (the kind that are not sweet/starchy) are free and unlimited, you can have as much as you want, no need to count. High carb veg (sweet/starchy) and fruits you count calories but not protein or fat. So people are eating quite a bit of fruit and veg and our great results of the past few years have been in those people who are eating lots of fruit and veg. If anything we are seeing better results in the people who eat whole grains, fruit, veg than those who eat the white refined foods. (I would switch everyone over to that type of LE Diet but many people lose weight very fast on it and also it's harder to stick to).

For many people with underlying PCO tendencies (and this is NOT the majority of girl moms, hence the reason they can eat a junky diet and not sway blue from it) if you eat a high-refined-carb diet, your blood sugar and testosterone can actually go UP. So some people actually undermine their sways eating too many white refined foods, and that is why I have the alternate diet to begin with - there is a subset of people who inadvertently sway blue eating too many carbs.

So as for your cycle - 32-35 day cycle is not a long cycle. That is still a normal cycle. Anywhere from 28-35 days is normal. It is a misconcepton that anything longer than 28 days is too long.

I'm sorry if you've written this before, I'm not seeing this on this page (I'll reread the previous page after I post this reply), but how are you determining ovulation?

A 10 day LP is long enough to get pregnant with so I would not worry about that unless it gets worse.

If you give me a rundown of wht you're eating I can suggest ways to get more calories and fat without protein.

Are you eating 2 meals or 3?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I didn’t see the reply.

Ok that makes me feel better re cycle thank you.

3 meals a day

Breakfast about 10am:
    Yoghurt
    White Toast with butter and jam
    Or
    Smoothie consisting of yoghurt, milk and berries

Lunch 1-2pm ish
    Bowl of white pasta and grated cheese

Dinner 6ish
    Usually meat and veg but trying to be more vegetarian so for instance tonight I had a bowl of white rice with light philly cheese and roasted vegetables.
    Last night I had a quinoa, chick pea, bean, lettuce salad.
    Night before I had falafel and salad wraps with hummus.
    Are these dinners ok?

Drinks:
    Vodka cranberry or vodka Diet Coke
    Water

Snacks
    Homemade scones with jam and cream
    Or
    Bowl of ice cream

What are the limits for sugar? Should I be eating ice cream and scones, biscuits etc or no?
    Should I be swapping white bread for wholemeal?
    Adding in fruits?

My partner is drinking soy milk after you recommended, is he aloud caffeine?

: )

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and only starting tracking this month. I have been using the opk’s.
    Am I right to assume we would try one attempt on first day of positive opk test?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breakfast - if you're using low fat yogurt, use full fat (this adds fat and cals for same amount of protein)

Lunch - mix in a small amount of oil or butter into your pasta before saucing it or put olives on top (this adds fat and cals instead of protein)

Dinner - Instead of light philly, use regular. You'll get more cals and fat for the same amount of protein. Use dressing on the salad and wraps to up the fat/cal content.

Those are fine meals tho if you switch to the alternate diet you would want to have whole grain versions of those things

If you're on the alternate diet you'd need to limit sugar or cut it out totally. If you stay on standard LE you can continue with them. Switch to whole grains and full fat dairy only (no skim dairy) if you switch diets. Fruit is fine.

Usually as long as you're sticking in limits for the protein/fat you don't have to worry about sugar on the standard diet, it takes care of itself since you're limiting your calories. On the alt diet you'd give up sugar totally.

Yes your partner can have caffeine.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This makes much more sense to me I think I’m finally getting the gist of it lol!
    Thank you fit all the advice : )

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast