Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LE for PCOS

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

LE for PCOS

Is the current diet for LE for PCOS relevant since it’s dated 2012? A there a list for really breaking It down for people like me who need a lot of explaining? Lol
    Also, current opinion on full fat milk? I’ve never been a milk drinker but thought I should start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    praying and swaying

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am on the LE Pcos diet atm (third week). I am still trying out different things though...

Yes atomic said to use full fat milk and full fat dairy on this diet, no skim milk. One idea seems to be to keep your blood sugar low. So also no sweets, candy, cake, sugary soda, chocolate for me lol.

On most days I eat whole grain bread for late breakfast with a sliced banana on top and coffee with full fat milk.

For dinner its a whole grain tortilla for me with cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, zucchini, some kidney beans and some cheese and/or sauce Hollondaise (so yummi)

For very early dinner (more like afternoon snack) I eat full fat yogurt with a bit of coconut water and a pear or an apple or on some days rather a big whole grain cracker with peanut butter.
    On some days I add a potatoe, some chicken or an egg or a protein cheese (don't know what these are called in english ) because I lost a few pounds rather quickly in combination with exercise. Which is great but I don't want to get my BMI too low (still in the good range). I have this unhealthy apple Form figure (rather slim but always way too much belly fat) and my belly is finally getting more flat for the first time ever. I think we shall aim for 1800cals in the beginning and not go under 1500 cals. Starvation is not allowed :P

I think this version helps with losing weight, keeping blood sugar low, potentially increases egg quality and may help counteract PCOS (which I probably have according to multiple doctors along with crazy long cycles and many other symptoms and PCOS typical hormones) (also PCOS tendencies seem to sway boy because of higher testosterone and maybe other stuff). At least that was what I understood and these ideas make sense to me. Also I think it can help reduce insulin resistance (which I don't have yet but my blood sugar was always a bit higher than where my doctor would like to see it)
    Last edited by Drunken Cockatoo; April 23rd, 2020 at 04:36 PM.

TTC pink HT in 2019

3. Likes Abifasc liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The first few posts which are more general info posts are not updated as they're more for general information/background but the ones containing the two diets are. I still use both of them every day for people.

The simplified alternate diet is this:

1500-1800 cals a day for most (some go up to 1800-2000, a few go down to 1200-1500 - but a VERY few!)
    50-60 g protein and fat (not counting the protein and fat in fruits and vegetables)
    Low carb veg are free and unlimited, have as much as you want, no need to count
    Whole grains only (but remember the stuff I said re pasta and rice in the other thread)
    Full fat dairy only NO SKIM
    Alcohol and coffee are ok
    Still skip breakfast (or dinner if dinner is easier) and avoid snacks

You don't have to drink milk if you don't like it. There's nothing magically pink about milk, that's been completely debunked and I'm happy to explain all the reasons why if you'd like. If you normally don't drink milk, stick with cheese or yogurt, just make it full fat and not skim.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes Abifasc liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    About why we avoid sugar on the alternate diet -

Technically it's about keeping blood sugar low but for most people eating sugar only temporarily raises blood sugar. People with tendencies towards PCOS have less ability for their body to reduce blood sugar after it spikes, so their blood sugar cna stay higher longer after eating something sugary (this is the insulin resistance DC is mentioning). This in turn may raise testosterone possibly swayiing even more blue. Over time, the less sugar and refined carbs you eat, your body gets more sensitive to insulin again and you won't have the same problem.

The reason I mention all this is because people have this mistaken idea that eating sugar is what causes high blood sugar. This isn't strictly the case and you can get higher blood sugar from eating all sorts of different things.

7. Likes Abifasc, skillet04 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Cockatoo View Post
    I am on the LE Pcos diet atm (third week). I am still trying out different things though...

Yes atomic said to use full fat milk and full fat dairy on this diet, no skim milk. One idea seems to be to keep your blood sugar low. So also no sweets, candy, cake, sugary soda, chocolate for me lol.

On most days I eat whole grain bread for late breakfast with a sliced banana on top and coffee with full fat milk.

For dinner its a whole grain tortilla for me with cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, zucchini, some kidney beans and some cheese and/or sauce Hollondaise (so yummi)

For very early dinner (more like afternoon snack) I eat full fat yogurt with a bit of coconut water and a pear or an apple or on some days rather a big whole grain cracker with peanut butter.
    On some days I add a potatoe, some chicken or an egg or a protein cheese (don't know what these are called in english ) because I lost a few pounds rather quickly in combination with exercise. Which is great but I don't want to get my BMI too low (still in the good range). I have this unhealthy apple Form figure (rather slim but always way too much belly fat) and my belly is finally getting more flat for the first time ever. I think we shall aim for 1800cals in the beginning and not go under 1500 cals. Starvation is not allowed :P

I think this version helps with losing weight, keeping blood sugar low, potentially increases egg quality and may help counteract PCOS (which I probably have according to multiple doctors along with crazy long cycles and many other symptoms and PCOS typical hormones) (also PCOS tendencies seem to sway boy because of higher testosterone and maybe other stuff). At least that was what I understood and these ideas make sense to me. Also I think it can help reduce insulin resistance (which I don't have yet but my blood sugar was always a bit higher than where my doctor would like to see it)
    Thank you for your reply and examples! I don’t know what some of these things are because I’m in the US, but aren’t some of these “boy foods” like bananas and tomatoes?

praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The first few posts which are more general info posts are not updated as they're more for general information/background but the ones containing the two diets are. I still use both of them every day for people.

The simplified alternate diet is this:

1500-1800 cals a day for most (some go up to 1800-2000, a few go down to 1200-1500 - but a VERY few!)
    50-60 g protein and fat (not counting the protein and fat in fruits and vegetables)
    Low carb veg are free and unlimited, have as much as you want, no need to count
    Whole grains only (but remember the stuff I said re pasta and rice in the other thread)
    Full fat dairy only NO SKIM
    Alcohol and coffee are ok
    Still skip breakfast (or dinner if dinner is easier) and avoid snacks

You don't have to drink milk if you don't like it. There's nothing magically pink about milk, that's been completely debunked and I'm happy to explain all the reasons why if you'd like. If you normally don't drink milk, stick with cheese or yogurt, just make it full fat and not skim.
    Thank you for simplifying! I assume the full fat dairy also needs to be unsweetened- would that be maybe full fat cottage cheese? I typically go for full fat or full sugar instead of artificial sweeteners (I did all aspartame during my last sway). No sugar won’t be an issue for me, no or low meat will be more difficult but I’ll do it. I didn’t exercise at all during my last sway and this time I will!
    What about apple sauce? Is unsweetened good to eat regularly?

praying and swaying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Abifasc View Post
    Thank you for your reply and examples! I don’t know what some of these things are because I’m in the US, but aren’t some of these “boy foods” like bananas and tomatoes?

There are no "boy foods". foods in and of themselves don't sway (if they did, there would not be whole cultures like the Irish based around large amount of alleged boy foods like potatoes). It is the overall nutrient content of your diet that sways and not "magic foods". I have a more in depth explanation of why these foods do not sway in this thread: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...s-edition.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Abifasc View Post
    Thank you for simplifying! I assume the full fat dairy also needs to be unsweetened- would that be maybe full fat cottage cheese? I typically go for full fat or full sugar instead of artificial sweeteners (I did all aspartame during my last sway). No sugar won’t be an issue for me, no or low meat will be more difficult but I’ll do it. I didn’t exercise at all during my last sway and this time I will!
    What about apple sauce? Is unsweetened good to eat regularly?

We bend the rules a bit in this department allowing sugar sweetened yogurt if you like it, but if you can go without, even better.

If it comes to it we can even up the protein allotment by 5-10 g. It is still going to be significantly less than you WERE eating and it's really changes in your diet that sway, and not a set number. I had to create target numbers that would work for the majority, but it's ok to tweak those numbers if you really cannot stick in the limits. Going from eating 120 g protein a day to eating 65 or 70 is STILL going to be swaying pink for you even if you can't get down to the same level as a person who started off eating 70 g of protein and went to 40, if that makes sense.

I would prefer to see you eat an actual apple since the processing of the applesauce may make the sugars more "accessible" even in the unsweetened kind, and more likely to cause a spike in blood sugar. I don't think it's a dealbreaker now and then (especially homemade which is better) but on a daily basis you'd b better off eating a piece of fresh fruit.

12. Likes Abifasc liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    We bend the rules a bit in this department allowing sugar sweetened yogurt if you like it, but if you can go without, even better.

If it comes to it we can even up the protein allotment by 5-10 g. It is still going to be significantly less than you WERE eating and it's really changes in your diet that sway, and not a set number. I had to create target numbers that would work for the majority, but it's ok to tweak those numbers if you really cannot stick in the limits. Going from eating 120 g protein a day to eating 65 or 70 is STILL going to be swaying pink for you even if you can't get down to the same level as a person who started off eating 70 g of protein and went to 40, if that makes sense.

I would prefer to see you eat an actual apple since the processing of the applesauce may make the sugars more "accessible" even in the unsweetened kind, and more likely to cause a spike in blood sugar. I don't think it's a dealbreaker now and then (especially homemade which is better) but on a daily basis you'd b better off eating a piece of fresh fruit.
    Ok thank you!!! Yes it will be a big change especially since I’ve been basically eating no bread or pasta, but I’ve experimented the past few days and even whole grain is not bad. I actually have a harder time eating white grain so this feels doable! And you said low carb veggies are free and don’t count right? So it’s kind of vegetarian, except like 4 eggs a week are allowed and no sugar?

What about unsweet tea?

praying and swaying

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't have to be totally vegetarian. A lot of people like to do the diet vegetarian, but it's ok to have small amounts of meat (most stick with chicken, fish, shellfish). You may do better eating some meat, since you're not as used to as many carbs having been on keto diet. Even protein vegetarian foods like beans, nuts, and tofu have a fair number of carbs in them so if you find carbs make you gain weight we may be best off doing chicken/fish once a day.

Tea has seemed blue friendly. We have better results with coffee. I got my 4 boys with tea and my girl with coffee!

16. Likes Abifasc liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast