Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I agree but the thing about OPK which are weird is that the LH is just a message your body is sending to itself. The darkness does not tell you if you've ovulated or not. So you can have already ovulated and still have dark or even darker OPK than before, because your body is just eliminating the LH from your system through urine, OR have your tests already have gone negative and then ovulate at that point. The darkness of OPK is not tied to the status of ovulation, it's just measuring the hormone that is in your urine (and it may be much stronger in your urine than your blood!)

Since LH is a message, your body "hears" the message when it's whispered, even if it starts shouting later on.

If you're worried about it you can do the method where you have one attempt at first pos OPK and then another attempt 72 or even 96 hours later. This still qualifies as one attempt, because if there was anything left from the first attempt it would go on to fertilize the egg before the second could capacitate, and if there isn't then the second batch would have a chance to capacitate and make it to the egg.
    Thank you Atomic, that makes a lot of sense. I don’t want to abstain (we got our boys that way) so i think I want to have dh release at least 5 days before attempt and then our unprotected attempt 2 to 1 days before ovulation. I’m trying to take good notes about how I’m feeling/what my body is doing too other than just relying on only opks!
    You say the top sway methods are diet, 1 hour cardio, and 1 attempt right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    praying and swaying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Diet 12 weeks or more (including fiber, coffee, alcohol, giving up prenatals and probiotics and avoiding heavily fortified foods), exercise, Clomid or Femara if you can get them, and one attempt.

For hubby, jogging/biking and smoking have been proven, possibly the OLE and soymilk, and possibly possibly fiber, going vegetarian, and giving up vitamins
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Diet 12 weeks or more (including fiber, coffee, alcohol, giving up prenatals and probiotics and avoiding heavily fortified foods), exercise, Clomid or Femara if you can get them, and one attempt.

For hubby, jogging/biking and smoking have been proven, possibly the OLE and soymilk, and possibly possibly fiber, going vegetarian, and giving up vitamins
    Is there a way to get Femara OTC?

What would your recommendation be for hubby taking OLE?

We don’t drink for religious reasons- will that be okay?

praying and swaying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not over the counter but people do order it online.

Yes no drinking is absolutely fine, I'm just saying the stuff I do think may be helping, not saying anyone MUST do those things. You can of course get a girl doing nothing any different (let alone not drinking while doing all the other stuff you're doing!)

Does your husband have any health issues or on any medication including supplements (and sorry if you've already told me this, I just need to check every time)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not over the counter but people do order it online.

Yes no drinking is absolutely fine, I'm just saying the stuff I do think may be helping, not saying anyone MUST do those things. You can of course get a girl doing nothing any different (let alone not drinking while doing all the other stuff you're doing!)

Does your husband have any health issues or on any medication including supplements (and sorry if you've already told me this, I just need to check every time)
    Do you know a reputable place to order it from?
    My husband is type 2 diabetic. He is on metformin for that. He is also a marine veteran with injured feet so he exercises by using the exercise bike (I’m asking him to increase his regularity). He is 37 and overweight (not grossly but slightly).

praying and swaying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am unable to help anyone to find medication on line for reasons of legal liability. There are many reputable places out there that people have used without issue, though.

The exercise bike is great for hubby! BEing slightly overweight for men also seems to sway pink so that's all good, he doesn't need to lose weight.

He could take 500-1000 mg OLE daily (or he could use the liquid kind, some say that's better though I haven't seen it make any difference. in that case use the dose on the bottle as the guidelines vary by brand). The range in dose from 500-1000 is due to many people having trouble finding 500 mg, I'd just give him that much if you can find it.

7. Likes Abifasc liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am unable to help anyone to find medication on line for reasons of legal liability. There are many reputable places out there that people have used without issue, though.

The exercise bike is great for hubby! BEing slightly overweight for men also seems to sway pink so that's all good, he doesn't need to lose weight.

He could take 500-1000 mg OLE daily (or he could use the liquid kind, some say that's better though I haven't seen it make any difference. in that case use the dose on the bottle as the guidelines vary by brand). The range in dose from 500-1000 is due to many people having trouble finding 500 mg, I'd just give him that much if you can find it.
    Thank you! Will he be ok to take it starting now? We plan to attempt in August.

praying and swaying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes! And be sure when he's through taking it he weans off rather than stopping cold turkey.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes! And be sure when he's through taking it he weans off rather than stopping cold turkey.
    Thank you so much!! I will tell him!

praying and swaying

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was able to get Femara without issue. What is your recommendation for taking it?

praying and swaying

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast