Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm. How did they determine ovulation? When did you take the Letrozole (or did you)?

It is so unlikely you are going through an early menopause that it isn't even worth mentioning. Much more likely is that they screwed something up and gave you the shot at a point in time you could not possibly be ovulating. Or, it may have been just a fluke month. Rarely people do ovulate very early though CD 8 is SOOOO early that it makes me think it is some sort of a mistake.

Or do you mean you got the SHOT CD 8? That makes more sense.

Abstaining from sex longer than 2-4 days does NOT help "save up" the sperm. It only makes sperm die off and more bad sperm in the mix. When your husband is doing regular release every 2-4 days, his body gets the message to make nice batches of sperm regularly. Please have him release every 2-4 days.

EVERYONE has several follicles. The ovaries develop 15-30 eggs per side every month, and only the best one or two is ovulated. That is normal. When you have PCO-tendencies those follicles take on an unusual appearance, like a string of pearls that often form around the outside of the ovary instead of just at random. More of them also get closer to ovulation than normal follicles do (in a non-PCO ovary you will only develop 1-3 eggs to the fullest extent, the others will stop developing sooner)

No, you are not giving yourself PCO-tendencies from the LE Diet. Unless you were eating a very low carb diet, the odds are very high you are not eating more carbs than before, and you are not eating an unhealthy level of carbs regardless (certainly not enough to aggravate PCO tendencies unless they were there to begin with). Your carbs may be somewhat higher of a % than they once were because you're eating less protein and fat, but because you are also restricting calories, most people end up eating fewer carbs on LE Diet.

To illustrate, the American FDA recommends people eat about 300 grams of carbs a day on a 2000 calorie diet and most people eat more than that (both in terms of calories and in grams of carbs). It is not unusual for some of us to eat 350 or even 400+ grams of carbs per day, just in a normal everyday diet, by eating more like 2500 calories a day and/or not eating a low carb diet.

On LE Diet, we are eating fewer calories, and a set amount of protein and fat so this effectively limits carbs without having to even think about it.

This comes out to be:

On standard LE Diet, 1500-1800 cals (I'm going to pick 1650 as an average caloric intake), 40-50 g protein (160-200 cals from protein), 30-60 g fat (270-540 cals fat), meaning you will be getting 430-740 calories from protein and fat daily, leaving you eating somewhere between 225-300. So even on the higher end of LE Diet, this is not only a normal carb intake, less than a very large number of people are already eating, but it's what is being recommended as healthy by several government organizations!

For the PCOS-type LE Diet, it's even fewer carbs: 1500-1800 cals a day (and we'll pick 1650 as our average here) 50-60 g protein and fat (200-240 cals from protein, 450-540 cals from fat). This ends up to be 215-250 g carbs. Less than government organizations are recommending and MUCH less than many people are eating.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not taken any medication.

For explanation:

I had 3 cycle monitoring sessions at my gynecologist and I always found ovulation (day 11-12, egg always between 24-27mm).

For the first insemination, I was given the syringe on day 9 because my egg was already 19mm in size (day 9). The Insemination was day 11). Then I had my period on time (but the first time only for a period of 3-4 days), otherwise it was always longer.

For the second insemination, I was supposed to come back on day 8 for the next injection and then my doctor found that there was no egg and liquid was to be seen. I had phlegm early on and the temperature went up too. How is it even possible to have eggs that big so early in the cycle :-)? What could have gone wrong? I am now just worried that my eggs no longer have good qualities

I will get the certainty that ovulation really happened when I have the next period, it was just very strange, otherwise everything was always on time at day 11-12. Can something be due to the HCG syringe? (only medication I got)

I don't think it's diet either. The only thing left to say is that I am struggling to keep my BMI up (it is under 18, but I eat a lot), it is a little below the limit, maybe this has an influence on the earlier ovulation?

I used to eat so much meat and had a higher BMI. Since I've been eating less meat and skipping breakfast, I've hardly gained any weight.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not even experts know why some eggs arrive so early. It may be your hormones were just strange that month, it may be that the egg itself was very sensitive to the hormones and grew faster. We don't know why. But I promise that one month does not mean you have poor egg quality.

Didn't you have some testing done and all was normal? If you had bad egg quality they would have seen it then. Your age does not indicate egg quality issues anyway.

You need to fix your diet immediately whether or not this has anything to do with diet (usually we'll see later ovulation from diet, not earlier). You are not just "a little" below the limit. 18.5 is not the limit, it is the "do not go below this weight under any circumstances". BMI 21 is the limit, and you are well underneath this. The reason I set those numbers where they are is that the vast majority of people will see disruptions in the cycle below those BMI numbers.

Meat is not a good way to gain weight or keep weight on. You need more calories and fat, and meat really doesn't have much of those things. I would even add in breakfast if that's what it takes to get more food in you. I would like to see you back at BMI 18 or 18.5 if at all possible. This will likely only require a couple of pounds.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All right, thank you very much dear Atomic. I really hope everything will be more normal again in the next cycle.

I just thought it was funny that my balls always get so big, or that the quality suffers. The hormones were completely fine about 2 months ago, except as I said, the AMH is a bit low but in the range.

Sorry Atomic, I got my BMI 18.6 wrong :-) I'm trying hard to get to 19. I am struggling to get so many calories with 2 meals (I always eat lunch and dinner) When would you add another meal?

Thank you for your time again and again! I am glad I can write here because I often have the feeling that the doctors simply don't take me seriously and that I don't listen to enough.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The AMH is the important thing. All the rest of it varies. AMH that is slightly below normal is nothing to be concerned about.

Please do not underestimate the effect of your husband's sperm count on your chances of conception. I feel like you're looking for some way for this to be "your fault" but most likely it's down to the poor sperm health. The good news is sperm health is, in the majority of cases, easy to improve!

Both 2 and 3 meals are fine and allowed on LE Diet. I always had 3. You can push breakfast back by bit and still fit in 3 meals, I promise. Have the third meal whenever it works for you. There is no evidence that a set time is better for your eating.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dear Atomic. unfortunately 3 inseminations were unsuccessful with us. but I would like to thank you, the sperm count (which was inseminated) has risen from 40,000 to 2.9 million WOWOWOWW THANK YOU Atomic (tomato juice and Proxeed) we are now considering planning an IVF / ICSI, possibly also abroad. can you recommend something to me? is it like that there are more guys in IVF? can I influence something / help out for pink? we do not want to make gender selection because we want to endanger the embryo (only because of an egoistic wish). do you know what I mean?

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately (because I know it's way more difficult for anyone living in Europe) you will see your best results in the US, but if you have no gender preference the Czech Republic is also a good place to go. I would avoid Cyprus if at all possible as we have not seen good results there.

Just so you know, finding out gender does not endanger the embryo. In most cases, they will test the embryo for genetic defects in a process called PGD anyway, so it is easy to tell gender based on that same test they have already done. If you had more than one embryo to choose from, putting back an XX instead of an XY is not a big deal medically speaking, or immoral in any way. There is no difference between them (either way you are putting back one and not another) and so if you put in one or the other it's really all the same.

Whether IVF produces more boys or girls depends on the techniques they use. Here is a basic overview: https://www.olivefertility.com/blog/...ffect-sex-baby But on the whole the ratio is ~around~ 50-50 still. Some people think having your husband take olive leaf extract and Vitamin C may help improve this ratio, though I am skeptical of that.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the information. I thought you don't do PGD in every case? only with previous illnesses in the family? and PGD also has a certain risk?

would you have anything to recommend in the US? we come from Switzerland.
    I would like to do something in the natural cycle or very, very low dose! my clinic thinks, apart from a slightly low AMH (age 32), everything looks very good!

would you continue the diet or does it no longer affect an IVF or ICSI?

Sorry for the many questions :-)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is totally your call to make, but with male factor infertility it is usually recommended to have PGD because the ICSI process cannot weed out bad sperm. A technician cannot look at a sperm and tell if its DNA is normal. Since the sperm does not have to swim to the egg or fertilize it, and instead is injected directly into the egg by a technician, this means that unhealthy sperm (which in a natural conception would never have gotten to the egg) could be chosen at random by the technician and this may increase the chances of a genetic abnormality.

PGD may actually make the IVF experience safer because you are not implanting genetically abnormal embryos that will then have to mature and then end up as a loss in the future. Without PGD, it is entirely possible to implant a baby with a chromosomal abnormality, have to endure several weeks of pregnancy, only to find that the baby is not developing normally, or to have a loss that you were not expecting.

Now, many people absolutely do go ahead with IVF without the PGD involved and that is your call to make along with your doctor's input.

Natural cycles sound great on paper but they often do not yield the success rates we like to see. IVF is a numbers game, and especially given your husband's low sperm count it could easily end up with no transfer month after month which is a huge disaster when you've got to travel from overseas every time. I do know that CNY clinics in New York offer natural IVF so if you want to look into that, it may be someplace to start.

There are many good clinics in the US and you can use this site to compare their success rates: https://www.sart.org/

You should NOT continue diet. If you plan to do IVF you should do everything you can to boost your chances of success with it. That having been said one mistake people make with IVF is taking too many and the wrong supplements so please let me go over any supplements you plan to take before you start them - many things that some people tell you to take have risks and side effects.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Atomic

I just wanted to give you an update and have a little question again :-)

We have our 1st ICSI in the natural cycle (2 follicles) behind us (trigger injection only).

Unfortunately, one egg cell was immature and the second egg cell could not be fertilized. We were told that the sperm did not stay in the egg because it "broke". Have you heard anything like this before?

At the same time I was diagnosed with anemia (iron deficiency). is it possible that my egg cells are not strong enough? (But hormones are all ok). Always struggled with iron.

We are now just wondering whether we should try more ICSI's or whether that could always happen and it won't work anyway?

I would now have done the 2nd ICSI with letrozole and then possibly stimulated the 3rd more, but I'm not there yet, because I want to take as few hormones as possible.

Maybe you can help me a little, I'm totally confused why this happened. Could it be that the egg cell already broke during the puncture? Or is my egg not good/strong enough?

Would you do an iron infusion?

ICSI has such great successes in fertilization and everything else looked very promising, had 2 follicles again in the natural cycle... Thanks Atomic, maybe you know something :-)

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast