Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, when you do a natural IVF/ICSI that is the gamble. You simply won't have the same number of mature follicles you would with the medication, and so it's absolutely possible to have an immature follicle. Additionally, you are injecting a single cell with a needle and another cell with the ICSI process, so sometimes things go wrong. This does not mean anything was wrong with your egg. While there are certainly eggs that break more easily than others, even the best egg in the world has this risk when a technician is injecting them with ICSI. They do have a couple of tricks they can use to help with "fragile eggs" but it is far more likely that given your age, this was just an accident by the technician trying to do something very difficult, and not anything amiss with your eggs at all.

This is why natural cycles are not at all ideal, because you will only get 1-2 eggs, and if something goes wrong you have nothing to show for your efforts.

It is highly unlikely this had anything to do with anemia. Definitely treat the anemia to aid in having a healthy pregnancy but I do not think this was caused by anything other than too few eggs to choose from and then bad luck.

Yes, this always has the possibility of happening (though that doesn't mean you shouldn't proceed!) IVF is a numbers game. 2 follicles, particularly if you are using ICSI, is simply not enough to have any reasonable expectation of success. It would be my hope that using letrozole or some other medication you'd have more follicles, but I can't know that going in. Sometimes even with the strongest medication people don't have good results, but given your age I would expect you to have better results with the appropriate medication.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Atomic

First I would like to thank you for your always great news. They calm me down again and again and give me courage.

to my update:

I did a natural cycle with letrozole and I was able to recover 4 mature egg cells. Two of them were fertilized (ICSI). One embryo was transferred on day 3 and one embryo did not develop any further. Unfortunately, there was no implantation Now I'm a bit frustrated, of course, because I wonder what it could be. Or whether we were just unlucky or whether I should improve my egg cell quality? What is the reason for the low fertilization rate? You know the uterine lining was 9.3mm (otherwise it is always 12-16mm without letrozole).

Somehow I made myself more hopeful. I try to understand so much what is just not possible .....

This month I will do another iron infusion for my anemia and then possibly do a classic IVF / ICSI.

Stupid question, do you mean too much iron in me, massively increases the chances of blue or does that really no longer play a role in ICSI or IVF?

I'm almost a little embarrassed to ask, but I thought if then here :-)

Thanks for your feedback Atomic.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is not low fertilization rate. I do not know why they didn't fertilize the other two eggs, but 50-50 success rate with ICSI is totally in the range we expect to see. This is why maximizing the numbers of eggs you get is so critical for success with IVF. If you're saying they fertilized all of them and then you only had 25% fertilization rate, letrozole will be far less good at producing eggs than the stronger medications. There are reasons why they use the stronger medications, it is because they are simply better.

If you were to do a standard IVF they would give you medication to help you make as many eggs as you can and even some medications that may help you make better quality eggs than what letrozole alone produces.

There is nothing magical that you can do or take to improve egg quality. Can you please tell me SPECIFICALLY what you think you're in need of to "improve egg quality" because most of the supplements that claim to do that, are worse than nothing and will only harm your chances.

A lining of 9.3 mm is absolutely fine. That is not bad. In fact, depending on when your lining was checked, that may be a little too thick (and if that continues into the future, I'd definitely ask a doctor about why your lining is 14+ mm thick sometimes)

I am not understanding your question about the iron. I have reread my above message and I WANT you to treat the anemia. I did not warn you about the amount of iron?? If you are anemic you need to be treated for it, but I don't think that's affecting the outcome. You simply need stronger medicine to make more eggs, that's all.

Swaying really does not play a part in IVF because you MUST try for as many, and as high quality, eggs as possible. You also must try to be in optimal physical condition for pregnancy if at all possible. NO ONE is supposed to be swaying when doing high tech of any sort and I really do hope you have not been doing a sway diet this whole time.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are right, I don't know what I could change for the egg quality either :-)

I didn't waver any more, I tried to give my body as much good as possible in order to have a successful ICSI. Unfortunately it wasn't enough.

My doctor never said anything about my uterine lining (12-15mm) because my values ​​are all OK. and I have a good cycle. What should this be? The next time I see him I'll ask him, I'm just afraid that he'll say it's normal as long as everything else is okay?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on when in the cycle you were tested. I have no way to know when you were tested, so it may be that WAS totally normal. That's why I said 'depending' in my above message, because some parts of the cycle it gets that thick.

If your doctor tells you that it was normal then they will know best because they know at the part of the cycle the tests happened.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    all right, thanks Atomic. one more little question. What do you think of the "cordyceps". A colleague swears by these, apparently they increase fertility?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cordyceps are supposed to stimulate the immune system (to such extent that it may aggravate or possibly even trigger people to develop autoimmune diseases) and are also said to fight cancer and slow the growth of benign tumors by inhibiting cell division. You DO NOT WANT a hyperactive immune system when doing IVF, nor do you want anything that inhibits cell division when you may be pregnant. It can also act as a blood thinner, and I do not ever recommend you guys taking things that are strong blood thinners. All reputable sites say not to use it when TTC or pregnant and because you don't know how long the effects last you can't just take it and stop it (we do not know if that would be safe anyway).

With all respect to your friend, that is terrible, terrible advice and I beg you not to take it.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617