Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    do you think frequent sex or frequent release generally increases male testosterone levels? thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No.

And male testosterone levels have never been proven to sway anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Atomic

I'm writing to you again, I'm sorry I'm a little desperate.

I think I had good ovulation (Lutel phase of 14-16 days) and my Clearblue always shows me 2 days max. I also always have a very good cervix. We had sexual intercourse with one attempt (and different variants) 2 days (in the evening) before ovulation. I am pretty sure that ovulation takes place in the morning from the 2nd max because the cervix then changes.

I also respect nutrition as much as possible according to your plan. Coffee in the morning with whole milk since I'm in line. I don't do any sport anymore (no time work and child). Often eat yogurt, lettuce, some pasta for the weight, lots of rice. In the evening often cheese with bread and regular alcohol.

But it doesn't want to work, do you think I'm too far away from ovulation?

I always have brown light spotting 1-2 days before the period is that bad?

Can you give me any tip? Do I really have to get that close to ovulation? (I believe in Shettles). Can you recommend something like chaste tree or something else to support (except Clomi, would like to sway pink)?

I am currently a little desperate and would be happy to hear from you.

Kind regards

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are having a luteal phase of 16 days, I suspect you are ovulating sooner than you realize and may be missing ovulation. If you are having attempt 2 days before O then yes you should try a day closer and have sex the day before O. But if you can't give up Shettles then you're just going to have to be patient.

You cannot tell what time of day you've ovulated from changes in the cervix. I know they say that on other sites but it's been proven completely untrue. Even highly trained experts can't pin down ovulation to the day, let alone the time of day.

Do not take chaste tree. It doesn't work and has really messed up people's menstrual cycles.

ARe you doing anything else that may cut odds of conception? Like having your husband wear tight underwear or take hot baths, or shallow release, or any douching???

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so don't you think that ovulation could be later during a Lutel phase? (You write earlier, then I would have had sexual intercourse exactly at ovulation). I almost always suspected ovulation on days 11-13, according to the Clearblue Monitor as well as the cervix.

I read on this page as soon as the ovulation is over the cervical mucus changes whitish again?

No we don't do anything else, I also have an orgasm. added. Do you think it is realistic to get pregnant 2 days before ovulation? or do I have to advance a day?

Thanks Atomic for always replying.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh, yes, sorry, I had a splitting headache that day and I even remember thinking "something about this answer is not right" but I couldn't figure out what word I wrote wrong LOL

It is highly unusual for the LP to go more than 14 days. So if you're having what you think is a 16 day LP with any regularity the chances are you're not ovulating when you think you are. For example, if you were thinking you ovulated CD 11 and have a 16 day LP I can promise you are not ovulating on CD 11. So you're giving yourself no chance of conception that way.

Without seeing where I wrote that, I would assume that was a very old post or a post where I was simply explaining the basics of some other method (I have a few posts where I explain in plain English how to do a sway tactic I don't happen to agree with). But we are not finding - and more importantly, studies have proven - that cervical mucus is a very reliable way of pinning down ovulation. Yes, at some point your cervical mucus does go creamy and then dry after ovulation, but that does not seem to happen on a reliable timeline that you can know when you ovulate for sure. We are having people who have dry CM the day before ovulation, and people who are having stretchy CM the day after ovulation still (I got my daughter in a month where I had EWCM after ovulation)

It is possible to get pregnant with sex 2 days before ovulation but I am worried you're not ovulating when you think you are.

Could you explain (and sorry if you already did this, I just need to be sure) when on the Clearblue you're having your attempt? Flashy smiley or peak smiley?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My LP phase is usually 14 days. In my opinion, however, the temperature does not rise "really clearly" until 3-5 days after ovulation.

We always have intercourse on the 3rd HIGH EVENING and the next morning I have the 1st Max on the Clearblue Monitor. Then I have clearly 2 dark stripes. So I'm already assuming that I'm ovulating? My doctor also suspected that there was ovulation (we were late, but suspected one).

Then I guess I just have to be patient? Do I have to worry about spotting 2 days before the period?

Another question. I only believe in Shettels because of "Hazel Philippsen" do you know them? I find this book very interesting .....

to your question, my Clearblue Monitor has that 1. Max mostly on cycle day 12 and the second Max. on cycle day 13. The period mostly starts again on day 28.
    Last edited by Biene2019; July 26th, 2020 at 01:29 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you get the first peak (max) on the Clearblue you can be anywhere from 24-48 hours or even longer before ovulation. So by having attempt on the day of a high reading you may be 2-3 days or even more before your ovulation. My concern remains the same - if you are attempting too early you have very low chance of conception. It is fine to carry on doing that if it's important to you but just understand you are going to have lower chances of conceiving than you would have otherwise.

What you're describing is a 28 day cycle with ovulation on CD 14. This isn't set in stone but based on what you're telling me this is the most likely situation.

If you are having your period come and your cycle is fairly regular then the odds are all but 100% you are ovulating. I am just worried you're ovulating later than you think.

If your LP is usually 14 days then that's no big deal, it's just that I have people tell me very often they are ovulating early with a long LP and then they cannot conceive with that timing.

Since it seems your LP is 14 days, 2 days of spotting before the period is not unusual and not abnormal. That is still a perfect LP and fine for conception.

Yes, I'm aware of the Hazel Chesterman Phillips books. It is the same set of assumptions that Dr. Shettles made because he was wrong about X and Y sperm. X sperm are not big, slow, and do not live an unusually long time. Y sperm are not small, fast, and die quick. All that stuff was a very big mistake that we now have completely proven untrue. Dr. Shettles, and all the theories based on his work, mistook capacitated sperm (small, fast, ready to fertilize an egg, and die quickly) and uncapacitated sperm (big, slow, dormant, and long lived) for Y sperm and X sperm. But the big and small sperm had nothing to do with the gender of the sperm at all. It was all whether or not they were ready to fertilize an egg. So all that stuff to do with timing is completely wrong and debunked by modern researchers using technology that Dr. Shettles did not have back in the 60's.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Super Atomic, thank you so much you are so lovely :-)

One more question, since I've been on a diet, my period has changed. Before, I always had a very, very strong period (iron deficiency again and again) since the diet is much less strong. Is this a good or bad sign to fluctuate pink or doesn't it matter?

I got folic acid from the doctor with 0.4 (equivalent to 4000mg I think) that would be too much to fluctuate pink right? it should only be 1200-1800 mg?

I will keep trying and maybe find out more. I will keep you up to date, thank you very much!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a good sign for pink and was what many of us noticed. Much lighter periods and often coming at a different time of day (later in the day rather than first thing in the morning). This actually does not mean you have an iron deficiency (though if you have one, you should take iron, not sure if we talked about this yet - I'll go back and reread our messages). Many times people with low iron have terribly heavy periods because their blood isn't clotting properly.

I prefer you guys take 1200-1600 unless you have had a baby with a neural tube defect.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast