Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies! Just popping in to say there’s a whole thread on changes in AF due to swaying. Of course I can’t find it now (totally not helpful, sorry!!! ) because I’m on my phone and find it harder to search on here than on my computer. But I do remember reading the whole thread about it, and ladies talking about AF changing while swaying. Especially the time of day like it coming during the day or morning instead of at night! It was a very interesting read, you should look for it if you have a chance!

As for me, I’m starting week 5 of my sway today, and should be getting AF in the next 2-3 days. I’m interested to see how it will be!! AF at the beginning of this cycle came at the same time for me, late at night after midnight. No changes other than that it was shorter and lighter than normal, BUT it was also my first AF after having my IUD removed, that I had in for 2.5 years. So I’m sure that was only due to the IUD effects, and nothing to do with swaying. I’m so curious if this next AF will be any different! I don’t think I’ve ever actually been “excited” to get my period before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Ovulation Chart

Hot like Mexico, rejoice!
    At this point I gotta choose, nothing to lose

- -
    Me: Alyssa, 31
    DH: Efrain, 31
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

BFP on 08/18 at 9 dpo! Due date May 2nd 2021!

Link to my sway:
    http://https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/81254-hotlikemexico-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html#post1057291

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it's very normal to see changes in cycles when swaying pink.

So you're telling me that you didn't even have the discharge till 9-12 days before your period was due, and then it came CD 14??

12 days is totally normal LP. That is not short at all. Please don't be upset. People can get pregnant with LP of 9-12 days, and then if you had spotting after that and your period didn't come for days after, that is even better and nothing to worry about at all.

A tilted uterus is not believed to inhibit conception. Try laying part of the time on your tummy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_deku_scrub View Post
    Coincidentally I just got my period today (unexpectedly at 9dpo!) and was just looking up causes of a short luteal phase a minute ago. Top of the list was eating disorders/anorexia, so it could be that the LE diet is reducing fertility a bit too much and causing the short LP?
    Breastfeeding can shorten it too, it also reduces progesterone.
    So we might need to increase calories/nutrition a bit, but I'll be interested to see what atomic says! x
    Yes, if you have cut back too far on diet you can get problems with your LP.

How are you determining ovulation? Sometimes people think they have a short LP when they really just ovulated earlier than normal.

How much fat, protein, and calories are you eating?

My fix for LP issue is this - give up fiber if you are using it, add in a serving of full fat dairy every day, 4-6 eggs a week, and a serving of salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't, every week.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrytree View Post
    Thanks for that i agree it all effects it,its to find a balance.

So sorry to hear of miscarraige, so hard,xx.

Oh ladies glad Im not alone on this, but what a shame. Yes Im itll be interesting what Atomic says. Im on the diet 5months now, im not too strick, but i am only eat 3meals no snackn and went vegetarian. Very true I might not be having enough of something. My excercise gone last month due to hubby working. This was the 1st month I got Peak on my OPK since ive been testing 8months ago, I ws so so sure this ws the month. I usually get 2dark lines but this month so dark. Howre yer diets?
    It's not a shame though - it is likely part of what sways. It is what it is, just a part of what we have to deal with to get a baby girl.

Can you tell me how much fat, protein, and calories you're eating, and then I asked you for some more clarification about when your period is actually coming in relation to the spotting in an above post.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    I also had light spotting before my AF started, after 2 months on the diet it would start in the afternoon the day before it was due which was different to my usual cycle of waking up with my period. Ive never had it start in the afternoon or night and be light, always woke up with it full blow. I think my LP was on the short side even before swaying, usually about 9 days. I conceived my last son with a 9 day average, this time it was between 9-11 for the past 6 months and I just got a bfp! So even though everyone is different, it's so possible to still get pregnant. I know Atomic will have some light to shed on this subject! I also have a retroverted uterus and my cervix always hides away facing my back. I conceived the 3 of my boys with doggy as position for one or more of my attempts then but this time it worked just 1 attempt with woman on top! Anything is possible but Atomic will tell u what U need to do that's going to be best for Ur situation, this was just my experience ☺️
    yes anything 9 days or more is considered long enough to conceive with, and 7-8 days often can end up in conception too. This is really much less of a worry than people think.

I have a thread about people experiencing changes in cycle including time of day their period comes here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...-you-have.html

6. Thanks hotlikemexico thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdtimelucky01 View Post
    I’m not super strict but that’s the best I can do. I have 3 meals with 14-16 hour fast between dinner and breakfast, no snacking, limited meat (Atomic said it’s allowed within limits), daily coffee (never had any with my boys or before them) and alcohol 2-3 times a week, almost no sugary foods or drinks. My breakfast is just a toast with coffee (normally it would be a large meal). Plus cardio 5-6 times a week for an hour (never did before ever). So very different to what I did previously.

Just be sure you guys are getting 1500-1800 cals, 40-50 g protein, 30-60 g fat (and those with PCOS need more like 50-60 g protein and fat.) If you're not eating enough, up calories and fat to help correct your irregular cycle. (protein really doesn't help with changes in cycle usually)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well isnt that fantastic news...Congrats Tei! Lovely to hear with short LP one can still conceive,it gives greart hope. Oh the excitement of that BFP! I can relate to what youve written ....no harm to change it up for next attempt

Thirdtimelucky01 your sway looks great, ull always know youve done your best.x

Did ye use Vitex? Does this help regulate? Ive only taken fibre and folic. Xxxx
    Please do not take vitex. Vitex only helps if a person has an irregular cycle due to PCOS-tendencies. This is the opposite problem, you've likely cut back too far, and taking vitex now in this situation will be like throwing gasoline on a fire - your LP may get even shorter, and your ovulation may start getting very delayed as well.

Drop fiber and add in the dairy, eggs, and meat that I described above. But I am not even convinced you HAVE an LP issue - if you're getting to CD 9-12, then having a couple days of spotting before AF arrives on CD 14, that is NOT a short LP anyway.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotlikemexico View Post
    Hey ladies! Just popping in to say there’s a whole thread on changes in AF due to swaying. Of course I can’t find it now (totally not helpful, sorry!!! ) because I’m on my phone and find it harder to search on here than on my computer. But I do remember reading the whole thread about it, and ladies talking about AF changing while swaying. Especially the time of day like it coming during the day or morning instead of at night! It was a very interesting read, you should look for it if you have a chance!

As for me, I’m starting week 5 of my sway today, and should be getting AF in the next 2-3 days. I’m interested to see how it will be!! AF at the beginning of this cycle came at the same time for me, late at night after midnight. No changes other than that it was shorter and lighter than normal, BUT it was also my first AF after having my IUD removed, that I had in for 2.5 years. So I’m sure that was only due to the IUD effects, and nothing to do with swaying. I’m so curious if this next AF will be any different! I don’t think I’ve ever actually been “excited” to get my period before

Yes! I linked to that above but just to make it easier: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...-you-have.html And be sure and report your experiences, ladies!

10. Thanks hotlikemexico, baby_deku_scrub thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It's not a shame though - it is likely part of what sways. It is what it is, just a part of what we have to deal with to get a baby girl.

Can you tell me how much fat, protein, and calories you're eating, and then I asked you for some more clarification about when your period is actually coming in relation to the spotting in an above post.
    Hi Atomic! Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my queries.
    I ovulated wit OPk on sun 17th due period Tue 2nd, brown discharge Wed evening 27th. Im delighted to hear what your saying.
    As for diet, Im not strictly counting but Im prob on the lower side or else meeting my target, My diet has fibre(bread,veg& supplements),protein(quorn)no meat bt not alot of dairy (fat free yogurt), Low fat cheese.

Once I hear there is normality to this its peace of mind to me. Thanks Atomic, this site is god sent, to have support from you and all the Ladies is beyond words xxx

Hotlikemecico thanks for that tip on that read.x

12. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thinking of you...keep us updated...fingers crossed for you...very exciting!xx
    Thank you, will do. I got positive OPK today but my temp shift is usually 3 days after that! so I’ll have an attempt tonight and I’m booked in for an ultrasound on Tuesday, hopefully it will solve the mystery of whether I ovulate 2-3 days after positive OPK (which I suspect is the case) - if there is still a follicle on Tuesday I’ll have another attempt that night.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast