Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mid sway check in and planning

Hi Atomic,
    I just finished my first full month swaying girl. I lost 10lbs, exercise bike for an hour 26 days last month, and am feeling excited. Our attempt will be in August.
    I’m 31 (32 this month) and my husband is 37.
    I’m taking:
    Iron for anemia
    81mg aspirin for miscarriage prevention
    2000mcg myoinositol for PCOS tendencies
    5mg folic acid for fetal health and slight twin sway
    Fiber before each fatty meal
    600mcg coq10 for egg health

In August I will add 2.5mg Femara days 3-7.

How do the above supplements look for girl sway?
    We are planning on doing frequent release with 1 unprotected attempt at positive opk/ewcm.

Anything raising flags? Anything I can improve? I’m doing LE for PCOS and it’s going well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah my husband is also exercising with the bike 3-4 times a week and on metformin and OLE.

praying and swaying

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Were you told to take the aspirin by a doctor? (sorry if you already told me this). New evidence indicates that in women who do not have issues with their blood clotting should not be taking aspirin preventatively as it causes more miscarriages than it prevents. Your blood being too thin is just as bad if not worse as too thick (not to mention this can literally kill you) And this is especially true with anemia, which can thin your blood and make you bruise easily anyway.

If you DO have a clotting disorder and have been told by a doc to take the aspirin, you should also be taking folate rather than not folic acid as in many cases those with clotting disorders have an inability to process folic acid.

Unless you have a history of neural tube defects you should not be taking 5 mg folic acid. PLEASE do not take this high a dose unless you NEED TO. Higher dose folic acid for no reason means you incur the risks of the folic acid (it may help certain cancers to grow more quickly - it doesn't cause them but may help them grow faster) and for a minority of people it builds up in the system. Some think it may have something to do with autism and it also may cause asthma when taken past the first trimester. If you haven't had a baby with a NTD please just take the 1200-1600 mcg I recommend, and folate only if you have a clotting disorder.

Folic acid doesn't sway twin. That idea was debunked. It ~may~ help two babies to continue to develop if they were conceived, but 1200-1600 is enough for that. The Femara is much better for twinning.

No matter what be sure to wean off the folic acid or folate at the end of the first tri. Do not take it further into pregnancy.

A 31 year old does not need 600 mg coq10, and I would have you take not more than 200. We don't know if it has any negative effects and I just really hate to see you taking it when your egg health is almost certainly fine, and even if it isn't, the alternate diet and myoinositol would do everything the coq10 would do anyway.

Everything else is looking great - keep up the good work!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Were you told to take the aspirin by a doctor? (sorry if you already told me this). New evidence indicates that in women who do not have issues with their blood clotting should not be taking aspirin preventatively as it causes more miscarriages than it prevents. Your blood being too thin is just as bad if not worse as too thick (not to mention this can literally kill you) And this is especially true with anemia, which can thin your blood and make you bruise easily anyway.

If you DO have a clotting disorder and have been told by a doc to take the aspirin, you should also be taking folate rather than not folic acid as in many cases those with clotting disorders have an inability to process folic acid.

Unless you have a history of neural tube defects you should not be taking 5 mg folic acid. PLEASE do not take this high a dose unless you NEED TO. Higher dose folic acid for no reason means you incur the risks of the folic acid (it may help certain cancers to grow more quickly - it doesn't cause them but may help them grow faster) and for a minority of people it builds up in the system. Some think it may have something to do with autism and it also may cause asthma when taken past the first trimester. If you haven't had a baby with a NTD please just take the 1200-1600 mcg I recommend, and folate only if you have a clotting disorder.

Folic acid doesn't sway twin. That idea was debunked. It ~may~ help two babies to continue to develop if they were conceived, but 1200-1600 is enough for that. The Femara is much better for twinning.

No matter what be sure to wean off the folic acid or folate at the end of the first tri. Do not take it further into pregnancy.

A 31 year old does not need 600 mg coq10, and I would have you take not more than 200. We don't know if it has any negative effects and I just really hate to see you taking it when your egg health is almost certainly fine, and even if it isn't, the alternate diet and myoinositol would do everything the coq10 would do anyway.

Everything else is looking great - keep up the good work!
    Thank you for the reply! I was not told by a doctor to take the aspirin- I just read it could prevent miscarriage. If it causes more issues I will wean off of it!

Would 1000mcg or 2000mcg be better for folic acid? I bought 1000mcg doses. I haven’t actually started it yet.

And I apologize I am actually only taking 200mg coq10- just one capsule a day as per recommended on the bottle. I mis-remembered it .

Is the frequent release still okay for girl with one attempt? I plan to attempt pretty close to ovulation after it. Would it be okay to lay down for 10-15 minutes after that attempt?

praying and swaying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it can cause miscarriage and here's one of many articles on the subject. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...scarriage.html our rates of miscarriage have dropped since we stopped using it for swaying.

I'm fine with either 1000 or 2000. Your call. I'm glad you haven't started that yet.

on the coq10 dose too.

Yes, FR with one attempt is fine to start with. I would urge you to drop FR before adding attempts though.

Most people start off doing J and D after 5 minutes. J and D did seem to add a little something in our results and so I'd suggest actually dropping FR (which hasn't worked) in favor of doing a J and D after 5 minutes, but it's totally your call to make.

7. Likes Abifasc liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for all of that!

So the one thing I do not want to do is have my husband abstain completely- our 4 boys were conceived that way. I want to keep the one attempt but at least have him release some other times. What do you recommend for that?

praying and swaying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's fine to start off with FR if you want. My point is that rather than keep FR and then do a lot of attempts, you first try one attempt with regular release (every 2-4 days) for at least a month or two before adding attempts. What a lot of people do, and what we did back in the day before we figured out about the one attempt, was to do FR and then start having several attempts in the fertile window to up odds of conception. This got extremely poor results, and subsequently FR (and abstain too for that matter) have not seemed to do anything for people's sways. So now we have you guys start off doing any tactics you want, but drop the things that don't work before adding attempts, if that makes any sense.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It's fine to start off with FR if you want. My point is that rather than keep FR and then do a lot of attempts, you first try one attempt with regular release (every 2-4 days) for at least a month or two before adding attempts. What a lot of people do, and what we did back in the day before we figured out about the one attempt, was to do FR and then start having several attempts in the fertile window to up odds of conception. This got extremely poor results, and subsequently FR (and abstain too for that matter) have not seemed to do anything for people's sways. So now we have you guys start off doing any tactics you want, but drop the things that don't work before adding attempts, if that makes any sense.
    Thank you! I got Femara and I don’t want to “waste” it so I really hope to get pregnant right away- is conception higher if he releases every 2 days then we do an attempt on or right before O? I’m assuming every 2 days would be Monday, Thursday, Sunday?
    We are “testing” frequent release this month to see if we can even keep that much stamina. That’s never been our thing.

praying and swaying

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Or every 2 days is every other day? I know that sways boy if it is attempts, but if he releases every other day with only one attempt is that better for conception?

praying and swaying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Abifasc View Post
    Thank you! I got Femara and I don’t want to “waste” it so I really hope to get pregnant right away- is conception higher if he releases every 2 days then we do an attempt on or right before O? I’m assuming every 2 days would be Monday, Thursday, Sunday?
    We are “testing” frequent release this month to see if we can even keep that much stamina. That’s never been our thing.

Yes to the regular release with one attempt, NO to the right on O. Having an attempt right at ovulation is actually quite a bit lower than 1-2 days before O. The sperm needs a bit of time to get to the egg and capacitate.

The regular release doesn't have to be any set number of days, just anywhere between 2ish and 4ish days on average.

If you have any doubts about the FR, just drop it. It doesn't work anyway and it sounds to me like it will be stressful for you guys, in that control freakish way that may sway blue anyway. Not worh the hassle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast