Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pcos diet

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pcos diet

In July I start with the pcos diet and had a question. Is it right that I have to eat meat (chicken) twice a week and fish twice a week? Or am I wrong?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you can if you want to but you don't have to. Some people prefer to stay fully vegetarian, others find that being a vegetarian ends up with them getting too many carbs and they have small amounts of meat every day. Totally about what works best for you as long as you're getting 50-60 g protein and fat every day.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank u atomic for your answer
    There are some things I don't fully understand in the piece below. You say pick 1 thing twice a day. Does this mean that I can eat for example whole wheat bread in the afternoon and in the evening as well? Or may this also be bread in the afternoon and whole-wheat pasta in the evening?
    5 times a day pick one. 2 chicken nuggets size piece of chicken. But if I can eat this 5 times a day, isn't this too much? How much grams of meat can we have?

Am I correct in saying that with the pcos diet you should not eat carbohydrates together with proteins? So no bread, pasta, potatoes along with meat?
    --Eat every day:

1 full fat Brown Cow yogurt (or any full fat yogurt) OR 3/4 c whole milk
    1 Taste Nirvana Coconut water (or any coconut water, that one is good tasting while some other brands are ucky)
    (this will ensure you get a decent amount of potassium and will help with fat and protein)

--2-3 times a day, pick one :

(You can split them into smaller servings and have more often if you would prefer this. These products are not going to be available in all areas and in that case you just would substitute an equivalent product. The salt limits are only for those who are limiting sodium.)

½ c brown rice
    ½ c cooked whole wheat pasta
    1 slice whole grain bread (NOT wheat bread, must be 100% whole grain)
    4 Ry Krisp crackers (unsalted)
    8 Hint of Salt Triscuits
    16 Hint of Salt Wheat Thins
    One graham cracker (this is a treat to be had when you’re craving something sweet and you MUST top with the peanut butter option below.)

2 times a day, pick one:

1-2 cup fruit (if the fruit is chunky and not too sweet like watermelon, you can have more; if it’s kind of dense like blueberries, stick with the smaller amount.
    1 baked potato (pick a smallish one)
    1 baked yam (smallish one)
    Carrot Sticks (you can have quite a few, like 2 carrots’ worth)
    1 banana
    1 apple or pear (I actually want you to leave the skins on these for extra fiber that will keep your blood sugar in check.)
    1 corn on the cob
    ½ c storebought pasta sauce

5 times a day pick one:

2 egg whites
    1 whole egg (best to keep these to a few times per week to prevent getting too much saturated fat)
    2 T hummus
    ½ c beans, lentils, or peas
    1 1x1 inch **** of cheese
    2 chick. nugget size pieces of chicken (use on top of salad or on taco)
    1 oz. turkey (ground or sliced deli meat)
    Piece of tofu about the size of a deck of cards
    1/8 of a cup of nuts or seed (use to top a salad)
    3 large shrimp or scallops (this is an occasional treat – no more than 2x a week)
    2 T peanut butter (eat on top of the graham crackers if you are craving something sweet)

(eating that amount of the above foods, plus the protein in the yogurt/whole milk and grains, will ensure you get enough protein)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another question, how much folic acid do you recommend? The one I have is folavit 0.4 mg. Is this good?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it ok to use chickpeas to make veggieballs? Or is this swaying blue?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can do any combination you would like. Wheat bread in the afternoon and evening, OR bread and then pasta. Both are fine.

No, it is not too much meat. It translates into about 50-60 g. Sometimes you may be a little higher (if you had all meat that day) but other times you would have chicken only once and then other stuff the rest of the time (which is typically lower protein.) It all evens out over time. That diet is for people who just can't manage to count stuff, and so if you would prefer to be counting at the same time to ensure you don't exceed the LE Diet limits of 50-60 g protein and fat, 1500-1800 cals a day, please do so. You can both use that diet as a guideline AND count still, it's just that I wrote it very generally to also help the people who refuse to count.

50-60 g protein and fat. I can't translate that into "how much meat" for you because different meat has different amounts of protein and fat per serving.

You can have protein and carbs together. That is fine to mix them at meals. It is only blue swayers who need to worry about mixing protein and carbs (they always have to!) Pink swayers can eat protein alone or carbs alone or protein and carbs together.

I recommend 1200-1600 mcg daily so take that kind of FA 3 or 4 times, spread out over the day.

You can absolutely have chickpeas within limits to make veggie balls.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank u so much for your answer! Your so helpfull
    What is the reason that you
    recommend a dose that is 3 times higher than recommended for taking folic acid?
    Is this because this sways pink? Isn't it dangerous to take more than recommended?

And about the carbs, how much a day is allowed on the PCOS diet?
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You can do any combination you would like. Wheat bread in the afternoon and evening, OR bread and then pasta. Both are fine.

No, it is not too much meat. It translates into about 50-60 g. Sometimes you may be a little higher (if you had all meat that day) but other times you would have chicken only once and then other stuff the rest of the time (which is typically lower protein.) It all evens out over time. That diet is for people who just can't manage to count stuff, and so if you would prefer to be counting at the same time to ensure you don't exceed the LE Diet limits of 50-60 g protein and fat, 1500-1800 cals a day, please do so. You can both use that diet as a guideline AND count still, it's just that I wrote it very generally to also help the people who refuse to count.

50-60 g protein and fat. I can't translate that into "how much meat" for you because different meat has different amounts of protein and fat per serving.

You can have protein and carbs together. That is fine to mix them at meals. It is only blue swayers who need to worry about mixing protein and carbs (they always have to!) Pink swayers can eat protein alone or carbs alone or protein and carbs together.

I recommend 1200-1600 mcg daily so take that kind of FA 3 or 4 times, spread out over the day.

You can absolutely have chickpeas within limits to make veggie balls.
    Last edited by hopeforpinkbaby; June 4th, 2020 at 05:06 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it is not because it sways pink. It is because many sources (and many prenatals) recommend more like 800-1000 mcg (I myself conceived a baby with mild spina bifida even though I was taking 800 mcg folic acid and eating a very healthy diet at the time) and we are eating a less nutritious diet, plus some people take supplements that may deplete folic acid while swaying, so I like you guys to take a bit extra than the norm. That level of intake is safe, any excess comes out in the urine. Many of us have to take 4000-5000 mcg if we have had a history of a baby with neural tube defects (I did this with my 4th and 5th pregnancy) so really 1200-1600 is actually quite a lot less than that. Take it all thru the entire first trimester of pregnancy and then wean back to the amount in the prenatal, don't take it all through pregnancy and that is fine.

Don't count carbs. Count calories, protein, and fat, and the carbs will take care of themselves. Carbs are much more complicated to count and it's not necessary at all to count them if youre counting the other stuff.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is soy sauce allowed in the PCOS diet?
    Sorry for al those questions, its just that i want to now everything before i start the diet. I don't want to be busy with what is allowed or not during the diet. I'm also not going to count everything because otherwise I'm going to be a control freak. I think that's why I had a failed sway. I hope this time I will have my desired daughter that I have been dreaming about for so long

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you can have soy sauce unless you're trying to limit sodium. We have basically given up limiting sodium and our results are higher than ever, but some people still want to limit it. Your call to make.

No worries about the questions! That's what I'm here for!

11. Thanks Dotty thanked for this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast