Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Aunt Flo arrived so what should I change in my sway?!

Hello
    I need your advice, please!
    I'm almost 39 years old. I took Clomid last month (I didn't know that it's not recommended for my age and older
    Aunt Flo arrived today at 7:30 pm. (in my country time).

Here is my sway:
    Clomid one cycle
    LE diet for more than 4 months
    coffee
    skip breakfast
    folic acid and iron
    * I misunderstood the OPK result and BDed 24 hr before the real positive. Then, Mrs. Atomic suggested that we BD again and it was about 48 hours after positive.

DH is 47 years old. He usually wants only once or twice a week. Should I ask him to do something? anything!

What should I change/add? the next cycle? Should I take femara or better give my body a break and just do the other things?
    Last edited by tuba; June 5th, 2020 at 06:34 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would switch to Femara if you can get it.

I think you should switch to every 4 day method now. Have unprotected sex every 72 hours starting after your last dose of Femara and going through till when you're sure you've ovulated. Most likely you missed O this month.

At your husband's age it's best to skip the male sway tactics as they may lower his sperm count too far.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes tuba liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=atomic sagebrush;1051862]I would switch to Femara if you can get it.

I think you should switch to every 4 day method now. Have unprotected sex every 72 hours starting after your last dose of Femara and going through till when you're sure you've ovulated. Most likely you missed O this month.

At your husband's age it's best to skip the male sway tactics as they may lower his sperm count too far.[/

Hello dear, thank you for the quick reply
    Is e4d after one attempt at positive OPK? Example, if I get positive OPK on Monday, we BD. Then, we BD again on Friday. Is this pattern correct?

DH keeps on BD like usual? He does it once or twice a week (protected) until positive opk?

This evening is my cd 2 but still little brown spots, should I take femara tomorrow?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I want you to start doing the every 4 days after your last dose of Femara and continue on till you're sure you've ovulated, even if it means going all the way through till your next period starts!! So you'd take the last dose on CD 7, have sex that night, CD 10, CD 13, CD 16, CD 19.

Yes just let him "do what he does" unless he is not releasing for more than a week. He needs to "clean the pipes" about every 4 days or so.

So have you had no red flow yet on your period???

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    No, I want you to start doing the every 4 days after your last dose of Femara and continue on till you're sure you've ovulated, even if it means going all the way through till your next period starts!! So you'd take the last dose on CD 7, have sex that night, CD 10, CD 13, CD 16, CD 19.

Yes just let him "do what he does" unless he is not releasing for more than a week. He needs to "clean the pipes" about every 4 days or so.

So have you had no red flow yet on your period???
    So I ignore the positive OPK if it happens in between for example cd 12? I just BD on the days you mentioned? and no need for OPK
    Last time I got positive opk on cd 15 (took clomid)

I always have heavy period that lasts 9-10 days. !
    we don't BD during my period. So I guess in my case, I BD from CD 10
    yes no red flow now (it's midnight of cd 2) still brown color when I wipe
    Today cd 3 i got more brown flow and I used pregnancy test but BFN. should I take femara or wait and test tomorrow just to be %100 sure!
    now, it's evening and I have mixed brown and red
    Last edited by tuba; June 6th, 2020 at 01:51 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry but I need more information. It sounds to me like you have days of brown spotting before your period begins?? How long is your cycle and when does this spotting occur in relation to your positive OPK?

I'm worried you are mistaking end of cycle spotting for your period. We usually count the days from your first day of red flow, not brown spotting. If you have gotten red flow now after what you think is a short luteal phase, I'd count that day as CD 1, then count two more days from then. If you can think back and you have a 28 day cycle with your positive OPK coming 14 days or longer ago, then go ahead with the Femara now.

If you already took the Femara just continue taking it for 5 days.

8. Likes tuba liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry but I need more information. It sounds to me like you have days of brown spotting before your period begins?? How long is your cycle and when does this spotting occur in relation to your positive OPK?

I'm worried you are mistaking end of cycle spotting for your period. We usually count the days from your first day of red flow, not brown spotting. If you have gotten red flow now after what you think is a short luteal phase, I'd count that day as CD 1, then count two more days from then. If you can think back and you have a 28 day cycle with your positive OPK coming 14 days or longer ago, then go ahead with the Femara now.

If you already took the Femara just continue taking it for 5 days.
    Hello my dear!
    My cycle is usually 30-32 days. last cycle, I got positive OPK on CD 15. My period started CD 30 (it was brown for two days, but today Cd3 is mixed red and little brown medium flow).
    My period (bleeding usually lasts for 8-10 days with spots at the beginning, heavy in the middle, then spots at the end)
    I am hesitant to take femara. Last cycle I took clomid and I didn't know that it was not good for my age 39, and I was very nervous thinking that I may get ectopic pregnancy because I had that before.
    what do you think Atomic?
    Last edited by tuba; June 6th, 2020 at 04:24 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is really no hard evidence proving Clomid causes ectopic pregnancies. People have ectopic on natural cycles and sometimes on Clomid too, and many people believe that the very slightly higher rate of ectopic in Clomid users has to do with the underlying reason they were on Clomid to begin with and not something the Clomid caused. But if you're worried about that then by all means skip it.

Ok. It sounds to me like your period just so happens to start with brown spotting. So go ahead and take the Femara if you want to, or not if you're worried about it.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is really no hard evidence proving Clomid causes ectopic pregnancies. People have ectopic on natural cycles and sometimes on Clomid too, and many people believe that the very slightly higher rate of ectopic in Clomid users has to do with the underlying reason they were on Clomid to begin with and not something the Clomid caused. But if you're worried about that then by all means skip it.

Ok. It sounds to me like your period just so happens to start with brown spotting. So go ahead and take the Femara if you want to, or not if you're worried about it.
    Thank you for the nice explanation.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post