Thread: OPK questions!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

OPK questions!

Hello
    Is there a link or any information about the right way of using OPKs? I tried the "search" but nothing.

My questions :
    When do you use the OPK? What cycle day! with clomid/femara and without them. I haven't decided yet if take femara this cycle or not.

What part of the day, what time ?

How many times a day?

Does eating or drinking affect the result?

Should I see a dark line to do the one attempt, or I go with any faint line ( I use regular test not the digital ones)?
    If I get positive in the afternoon, should I BD immediately or it's OK to wait until night!

Is the digital test (clearblue for example) better than the cheap one?

Tons of "thank you"

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Use OPK after lunch and before dinner as that's when you're most likely to get positive.

Start using OPK before the earliest you think you'll ovulate when NOT using Femara. When using Femara, start it the 4th day after the last dose as 1-3 days after taking Femara you can get a false positive OPK. You will ovulate 5-10 days after the last dose so by starting OPK the 4th day after last dose you'll be in to see the surge ahead of O.

If you drink too much liquid it might make the test a false negatvie. Try to limit drinks and hold your urine for a couple hours before testing.

Faint lines are negatives. Only test lines as dark or darker than control are positive.

BD at first positive OPK but it's fine to wait till that night.

No, the Clearblue is not better. They're equally confusing, give the same amount of false positive and negatives, and they're incredibly expensive so you can't test as freely as you would with the cheapies.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Use OPK after lunch and before dinner as that's when you're most likely to get positive.

Start using OPK before the earliest you think you'll ovulate when NOT using Femara. When using Femara, start it the 4th day after the last dose as 1-3 days after taking Femara you can get a false positive OPK. You will ovulate 5-10 days after the last dose so by starting OPK the 4th day after last dose you'll be in to see the surge ahead of O.

If you drink too much liquid it might make the test a false negatvie. Try to limit drinks and hold your urine for a couple hours before testing.

Faint lines are negatives. Only test lines as dark or darker than control are positive.

BD at first positive OPK but it's fine to wait till that night.

No, the Clearblue is not better. They're equally confusing, give the same amount of false positive and negatives, and they're incredibly expensive so you can't test as freely as you would with the cheapies.
    I can't thank you enough. thank you thank you

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post