Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, these replies go to my junk mail

April was 6 days after positive, last month was 10 days and this month it’s now 17 days past positive and no period and not pregnant!

March cycle 33 day’s
    April cycle was 19 days
    May was 28
    June I’m day 31 and no period

Couldn’t be more confused (and frustrated) if I tried lol!

I just want to say again thanks for your time and responses, I’ve been to drs and they’re really no help when it comes to cycles so it can be very daunting and depressing trying to work things out for yourself when you have no idea

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by YesIcan2020 View Post
    Didn’t ovulate for April, possibly ovulation in may but had only one attempt so missed it and the day 21 test showed no ovulation even tho I had a high and peak reading on day 14?
    I need this on the next page to refer back to
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    April you did not ovulate.

I am suspicious of the May 21 day test being wrong. The vast majority of the time if you get a positive OPK and then your period arrives on CD 28 you ovulated. I am wondering if you possibly ovulated later and had a short LP and then the CD 21 test was inaccurate because you had just ovulated and it was too soon to detect the rise in progesterone.

Since you are 17 days past your positive OPK, it's most likely you did not ovulate when you got the positive OPK. You either ovulated later (in which case if you had unprotected sex at all, you could be pregnant and have it be too soon to show up on a pregnancy test) or have not ovulated yet, and very possibly still will, meaning if you don't want to get pregnant you need to take precautions.

You won't go longer than 14 days past ovulation as a general rule. So if your period doesn't come on time, and you aren't pregnant, that means you've ovulated later than you thought or you WILL ovulate still, in most cases.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok yes that all makes sense, I guess it’s just wait and see then, I defiantly don’t feel pregnant at all and we stopped BD a week after the positive test so if I did ovulate very late I most likely missed this month.
    Fingers crossed and positive vibes for next month TTC ✌🏻
    I Wish it was easier to get clomid here, They won’t see you until you’ve been trying for over 6 months, then it takes referrals and wait times, tests etc! All so hard

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry 1 more question regarding this. Currently on day 35 and still no period (not pregnant) and as above according to blood test my progesterone level on day 21 was 0.5 and i didn't ovulate. I have a positive OPK on day 14 and spotting on day 17.
    Anyway for the past few months I have been on myo inositol (my naturopath put me on this to help with my cycles) however after reading a few of your posts and loosing too much weight I have stopped it. Could this be the cause of my period being late? Should I keep taking it for now to bring on my period?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please do not restart the myoinositol. Your low weight indicates you should not be taking it at all and I actually think it's the 1-2 punch of low weight + myoinositol that has messed up your cycle. Your naturopath did you no favors whatsoever by giving you the myo. S/He basically treated you for an irregular cycle caused by PCOS (high hormones) when you have a situation of low hormones, further lowering your hormones and messing things up entirely. It is unfortunately going to take time and patience to fix this and in the meantime I strongly urge you to not take any herbal supplements no matter what any naturopaths say. Naturopaths see a lot of people with fertility issues, and the largest number of people are people with PCOS. So they give them these supplements and think "oh this works really well" but they do not seem to have gotten the memo that there are OTHER fertility issues out there than just PCOS. So they give everyone these things, and for a huge number of people it really makes matters worse by further lowering hormones that were already too low to begin with. the solution is to stop taking supplements and allow the body to fix things on its own by giving it the raw materials it needs to do that.

You cannot 'bring on your period' using any over the counter methods. There are three ways you'll have a bleed now. One is that you will ovulate and then 10-14 days later have your period. One is that your estrogen will drop for some other reason and you will have a bleed that won't be a true period, but will still act as a hormonal reset button. And the third way is by going to an actual doctor to get progesterone supplements, taking them for 2 weeks (but only if you are sure you are not pregnant and cannot be pregnant from unprotected sex) and then that will cause a bleed that again is not a period, but will act as a hormonal reset. I urge you again as strongly as I possibly can not to take herbal remedies that supposedly "bring on periods." They only work on people whose period was due to come in a few days anyway and for others they can make matters way, way worse.

I have probably already told you this on the previous page but the best thing you can do now is to drop fiber and any herbs you were taking. Add in a serving of full fat dairy every day (in fact go ahead and drop skim dairy totally, use only full fat) 4-6 eggs a week, and 1 serving of salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't every week.

If you're below BMI 18.5 I would regain weight to get back to that point and then hold steady. if you normally have a lower BMI than that, just get back to where you were before and hold steady there.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 29th, 2020 at 12:46 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Eat more. That is WAY underweight and I want you to gain enough to get at least back to 18.5.

I would up calories to 1800-2000, and protein and fat by 5 g each (to enable you to get more calories in)

keep going with eggs and full fat dairy, and I'd have you add in 2 servings of salmon or red meat weekly.

Yes, we've had many people go too hard on diet and need to regain weight. It hasn't been predictive of whose sways worked and whose didn't as long as they didn't completely let go and start doing a full on blue sway.
    so I actually wanted you to eat TWO servings of meat till things normalize

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Please do not restart the myoinositol. Your low weight indicates you should not be taking it at all and I actually think it's the 1-2 punch of low weight + myoinositol that has messed up your cycle. Your naturopath did you no favors whatsoever by giving you the myo. S/He basically treated you for an irregular cycle caused by PCOS (high hormones) when you have a situation of low hormones, further lowering your hormones and messing things up entirely. It is unfortunately going to take time and patience to fix this and in the meantime I strongly urge you to not take any herbal supplements no matter what any naturopaths say. Naturopaths see a lot of people with fertility issues, and the largest number of people are people with PCOS. So they give them these supplements and think "oh this works really well" but they do not seem to have gotten the memo that there are OTHER fertility issues out there than just PCOS. So they give everyone these things, and for a huge number of people it really makes matters worse by further lowering hormones that were already too low to begin with. the solution is to stop taking supplements and allow the body to fix things on its own by giving it the raw materials it needs to do that.

You cannot 'bring on your period' using any over the counter methods. There are three ways you'll have a bleed now. One is that you will ovulate and then 10-14 days later have your period. One is that your estrogen will drop for some other reason and you will have a bleed that won't be a true period, but will still act as a hormonal reset button. And the third way is by going to an actual doctor to get progesterone supplements, taking them for 2 weeks (but only if you are sure you are not pregnant and cannot be pregnant from unprotected sex) and then that will cause a bleed that again is not a period, but will act as a hormonal reset. I urge you again as strongly as I possibly can not to take herbal remedies that supposedly "bring on periods." They only work on people whose period was due to come in a few days anyway and for others they can make matters way, way worse.

I have probably already told you this on the previous page but the best thing you can do now is to drop fiber and any herbs you were taking. Add in a serving of full fat dairy every day (in fact go ahead and drop skim dairy totally, use only full fat) 4-6 eggs a week, and 1 serving of salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't every week.

If you're below BMI 18.5 I would regain weight to get back to that point and then hold steady. if you normally have a lower BMI than that, just get back to where you were before and hold steady there.
    The naturopath was terrible tbh, she didn’t help/care one bit and now has made things worse I have stopped seeing her now. Agh so frustrating. She had me on such a high dose too!

On your previous advice I added more eggs, changed to full fat dairy and even had a steak the other night! Hopefully things will get back on track again soon 🤞🏻

Thank you for the fast reply and advice x

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh I'm sorry, that's honestly the thing I hate the most about supplements. Both doctors and naturopaths are handing them out not even because they want to help, but almost to just hurry us up and get us out of their office. IT's the modern day equivalent of "take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning" only the stuff they're giving people has way more side effects than aspirin. :/

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry can I ask one more thing?

I have upped my fat/protein as suggested to keep weight on. Do I need to be upping my calories too? Like is there a ratio of fat/protein per amount of calories.
    I have kept my calories the same but upped the fat mainly by having full fat dairy and adding extra butter, oil etc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast