Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

worried about my food totals

Hi Atomic

Can I ask your advice about my diet please, I started le pcos about a week ago. I am still eating gluten free to try and keep my skin conditions at bay but I decided to include some dairy in my diet to make sure I get enough fat and protein. I seem to be managing most days to get my fat and protein amounts ok but really struggling to up my calories without going over on my fat and protein. I'll show you what my diet has been today to give an example:

Morning Coffee

Strawberry and whole milk smoothie
    2 slices of bread toasted with butter,
    1 scrambled egg,

Flavoured Water and diet coke for drinks between meals

gluten free breaded chicken goujons
    2 medium sized potatoes
    some low carb vegetables
    Some nuts after dinner
    Coffee with milk

2 rice crackers and decaf coffee.

Is there anything you can suggest? at the moment the above is coming in at 1100 cals, 65g fat and 55g protein

Thank you

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're going to need to eat more calories of course - are you counting the protein and fat in fruits and vegetables, and anything in low carb veg?? If you are, stop.

I would go to three full meals to help sneak in some more calories.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't been counting cals in my fruit but nothing for my low carb vegetables. Can I increase my daily fat and protein a bit to help me get in more calories or is that a no go?
    I had been aiming for around 2000 cals but struggling to make it up,I'm trying to aim currently for 60g fat and 60g protein. I quite like fruit juices but I was worried they would be too nutritious to include in my sway diet, would 1 or 2 glasses of fruit juice a day be ok if I counted in my daily totals? I love my veg but not a big fruit fan I find alot of the textures in fruit difficult to eat without feeling sick.

Thanks for your help

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    spelling mistake there I have been counting cals in my fruit

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been eating lots more potatoes, sweet potatoes, and dried fruits (especially medjool dates, yum!) - they're all mostly carbs and also good sources of potassium.

And alcohol is both recommended for a girl sway and a very easy way to add calories without nutrition (But if you usually avoid gluten and dairy because of a skin condition, I'm guessing alcohol might be no good for you either)
    swaying for a girl

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your suggestions, can I ask what you normally would eat along with sweet potatoes? I dieted a few years ago and I loved grilled gammon slices with sweet potatoes wedges but I'm trying not to include red meat in my sway diet. My hubby has been very good he voluntarily has been eating just white meat and fish with me all week, he has cut out cereals and is taking fibre like me with meals containing fat. Although he is happy I'm not putting him under pressure to go on a full diet, he can snack and have his manly food portions etc lol.

I was reading through some old threads this morning for meal ideas on le pcos which has helped give me more ideas on what to eat. I normally have toast and smoothie in the morning but after reading one of Atomics posts I tried fruit, yogurt, nuts for my first meal today and it was quite filling. We are having turkey, veg and potato this afternoon then gonna try and eat a little cheese and toast for supper later. Hopefully once I come up with more meals that make up my daily totals I can come up with a rough weekly meal plan

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont drink, although my hubby is fond of a night time Gin especially since lockdown lol

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was swaying I ate a lot of sweet potatoes, baked, with cheese melted on top or (this sounds weird but it's good) peanut butter on them. They're also a good ingredient in things as well as they have a meaty texture that can replace the meat in things like stew, stir fry, or even things like tacos. I have made a sweet potato fajita which is quite good, just chop up some prebaked sweet potatoes and add them into the peppers and onions once they're cooked.

How awesome of DH to be so supportive! Good on him!

The alternate diet can be VERY filling (it's so much better than the standard, which you tend to get hungry/shakey very easily) Everything sounds to me like you're right on target!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post