Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Mixed feelings, need to ventilate

On July 2 I have my first appointment with the fertility doctor and in September I start with iui-d for a 3rd child (hopefully a girl) I'm going to try to get clomid but I'm not sure how to ask this. I have no fertility problems. Do I have to say that I have irregular cycles?
    I also have mixed feelings, sometimes i am afraid and I want to postpone it. This will be my last baby and I'm afraid it won't work. I have a feeling that when I start the PCOS diet in July it will be all for nothing and I will have a boy again. And sometimes I really feel like starting but then the fear is there again. I also can't talk to anyone about it. My mom doesn't believe in it at all. also because my 2nd son was an opposite. She knew that I was swaying for a girl with my 2nd.
    Will i tell her? I normale can tell everything to her, we are verry close. I just don’t now!
    Anyone else had this?
    Last edited by hopeforpinkbaby; June 15th, 2020 at 04:41 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are having an IUI you will probably be given Clomid. Can you give me more info about what is happening?

The best way to get Clomid is to tell the doctor that you have been trying for 6-12 months and have not gotten pregnant. I would tell the truth about your cycle so you don't get confused; usually they will give you Clomid even with a regular cycle if you have not gotten pregnant. DO NOT ask for Clomid, they will usually not give it to you. They need to think of it themselves. If they suggest you have more tests, or give you other advice, that is ok, just say "thank you" and go on your way. Asking for Clomid, and especially if you get upset and demand it, is a sure way that they WON'T give it to you.

Many of our mothers, myself very much included, are absolutely awful about our gender desire. It's just one of those things they don't want to hear about. And it is ironic because then if you DO get a girl, they are the most excited of all!!! I suspect that it is something that some moms just can't forget about teaching their "child" things even when we are adults. Since so many people view gender desire as wrong or selfish, our moms feel they must teach us a lesson over it and so are not understanding when we need them to be.

The truth is, you're right, even with a great sway, you can still get a boy. But the PCOS-type diet has gotten good results for us and you are on target for giving yourself the best chance you can get (short of doing IVF of course) for a girl.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If you are having an IUI you will probably be given Clomid. Can you give me more info about what is happening?

The best way to get Clomid is to tell the doctor that you have been trying for 6-12 months and have not gotten pregnant. I would tell the truth about your cycle so you don't get confused; usually they will give you Clomid even with a regular cycle if you have not gotten pregnant. DO NOT ask for Clomid, they will usually not give it to you. They need to think of it themselves. If they suggest you have more tests, or give you other advice, that is ok, just say "thank you" and go on your way. Asking for Clomid, and especially if you get upset and demand it, is a sure way that they WON'T give it to you.

Many of our mothers, myself very much included, are absolutely awful about our gender desire. It's just one of those things they don't want to hear about. And it is ironic because then if you DO get a girl, they are the most excited of all!!! I suspect that it is something that some moms just can't forget about teaching their "child" things even when we are adults. Since so many people view gender desire as wrong or selfish, our moms feel they must teach us a lesson over it and so are not understanding when we need them to be.

The truth is, you're right, even with a great sway, you can still get a boy. But the PCOS-type diet has gotten good results for us and you are on target for giving yourself the best chance you can get (short of doing IVF of course) for a girl.
    i have to do iui because i am a single mom so i have no partner. So I can't say I've been trying for a long time. With my second son I reserved 3 straws with donor sperm but was pregnant from the first time. so I have 2 more attempts reserved. I was thinking that maybe I can say I'm afraid it won't work immediately given my age (almost 36) and because I have irregular cycles which was never before. (I'm actually fairly regular) And because I only have 2 attempts left. I would not like to have another sperm donor for my third child. My 2 sons are both from the same donor. My sister wanted to get pregnant the same way as i and had irregular cycles. She had a lot of tests done but everything was normal. They pescribed her clomid. She did not get pregnant. Do you think i can say this and that i am worried dat i would end up just like her and not get pregnant? I wil not ask if i can get clomid.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All those arguments make sense. This is a different situation than what I usually encounter and I agree in your case it does make much more sense to openly ask for the Clomid. Your situation is not the average person who is trying to get it, your case is unique, so I would follow your gut about the best way to proceed. I haven't had anyone in this situation so I don't know the best way to ask, I'm sorry.

If the answer is no then I would look into getting it online.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All those arguments make sense. This is a different situation than what I usually encounter and I agree in your case it does make much more sense to openly ask for the Clomid. Your situation is not the average person who is trying to get it, your case is unique, so I would follow your gut about the best way to proceed. I haven't had anyone in this situation so I don't know the best way to ask, I'm sorry.

If the answer is no then I would look into getting it online.
    Thank u Atomic for your response. And don’t feel sorry, u are doing so much to help us. Your amazing!
    I’m just going to tell the docter about my worry’s and ask if she can help me to up my chanches to get pregnant quickly. The docter is a woman so maybe she understands me beter dan a man does.

I hope i wil get the clomid and for the rest i am going to try to stay positive, following PCOS diet, try to excercise everyday. Anything else i can do?

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's your BMI?? WE could possibly look into myoinositol but that is not right for everyone.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's your BMI?? WE could possibly look into myoinositol but that is not right for everyone.
    I have a BMI of 30. Before I got pregnant with my 2nd son I weighed only 67 kg. I had gained a lot of weight during pregnancy and did not lose it after giving birth. I've been trying for some time to lose some weight by eating healthy and trying not to snack. I lose some weight but if I eat something that is not allowed, I will immediately regain weight. This is really frustrating.
    what is the Myoinositol for?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. In that case let's add in the myoinositol, it will help lower your blood sugar and help with weight loss. May help with PCO too.

1000 mg myo from AF-O and then in months you may be pregnant go to 500 from O-AF. Since you are likely not trying till your IUI attempt (right??) you should take 1000 all month long till the month of your attempt. After BFP gradually wean back by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then drop.

Are you exercising?? If not, I want you to.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. In that case let's add in the myoinositol, it will help lower your blood sugar and help with weight loss. May help with PCO too.

1000 mg myo from AF-O and then in months you may be pregnant go to 500 from O-AF. Since you are likely not trying till your IUI attempt (right??) you should take 1000 all month long till the month of your attempt. After BFP gradually wean back by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then drop.

Are you exercising?? If not, I want you to.
    So if I understand correctly, I should only take myoinositol the month of the iui I start the diet July 1 and then 12 weeks later I have my first IU, so will be somewhere in September. So start in September with myo 1000 mg throughout the month. Then from the moment I've had my iui 500mg a day to AF. If I am not pregnant take back 1000 mg until ovulation.

I start exercising from the moment I start the diet and this for 12 weeks. I'm going to try to do this 6/7 times a week. Is there a difference in success between 12 weeks or 6 weeks of exercise before attempt?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, sorry, that was confusing. Start the myoinositol right away, but take 1000 all month long. In the month you are going to try, take 1000 mg AF-O and then 500 mg from O-AF (and wean off gradualy at BFP)

I would start exercising now! Both 6 and 12 weeks of exercise have gotten good results but since you do have the weight to spare I'd start now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast