Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I take this supplement for hair loss?

Hello
    I have a horrible hair loss and I want to see if these supplements are OK while swaying. I don't eat enough vegetables and I don't eat fruits. I have anemia may be because of the poor eating. I know it is a bad habit.I try to force myself to eat them but I can't.
    I took theses supplements before for hair loss and they were very good. I just want your opinion , Atomic.
    TIA
    E069D424-2282-4AF6-B448-38F410ACE59A.jpeg

5AB302B3-1625-42F0-9FDD-C88779951DFE.jpeg
    Last edited by tuba; June 18th, 2020 at 01:01 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, vegetables and fruits are not good sources of those ingredients in that vitamin anyway. So that is not why you are losing hair. Have you recently had a baby or come off birth control?

You can take those 3 days a week if you need to but I think we need to get to the bottom of what is really going on. If you have anemia (did a doctor tell you this?? sorry if you already told me, I just need to be sure) then what I would do is get a product that is just iron, or possibly iron mixed with Vitamin C, take it daily for 8 weeks, then go to 3x a week as a maintenance dose.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Well, vegetables and fruits are not good sources of those ingredients in that vitamin anyway. So that is not why you are losing hair. Have you recently had a baby or come off birth control?

You can take those 3 days a week if you need to but I think we need to get to the bottom of what is really going on. If you have anemia (did a doctor tell you this?? sorry if you already told me, I just need to be sure) then what I would do is get a product that is just iron, or possibly iron mixed with Vitamin C, take it daily for 8 weeks, then go to 3x a week as a maintenance dose.
    Hello dear Atomic
    I don't take birth control and my youngest kid is 4 years old. I have anemia and my doctor prescribed Ferose which is iron and little Folic Acid. That was long time ago and I didn't take them long enough to see improvement. I don't eat healthy food (not enough protein, or fat or vegetables, or fruits). I eat little after following Keto diet for couple of months. I try to follow your alternate diet because I just found out I have mild PCOS (I knew that last week). Do I need to take blood test? if so, what type of test? or should I just take Ferose again? Sometimes I feel dizzy when standing up.
    Last edited by tuba; June 19th, 2020 at 04:03 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You may want to have a blood test done because if you're very anemic you would need intravenous medication. Plus ther are other causes that can trigger hair loss and you'd need to rule them out.

I would prefer you just took the iron alone without the other stuff.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You may want to have a blood test done because if you're very anemic you would need intravenous medication. Plus ther are other causes that can trigger hair loss and you'd need to rule them out.

I would prefer you just took the iron alone without the other stuff.
    I will. Thank you Atomic

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to jump on this thread but do we know if iron aways either way? I’m talking like 400-600mg per day
    Proud mommy to 5 1610553
    D1: DD2
    Dreaming of another to compliment our family but ultimately want a healthy baby, whatever gender

DW (34) DH (36)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO not at all I'm always fine with you guys chiming in, better to keep fewer threads chock full of info than spreading it out over many threads!

We don't have any firm data on that because no one is ever studying it, but overall iron has not seemed to be a particularly strong swayer. I have had to add iron in for several pink swayers and it did not seem to harm their sways negatively.

I would recommend, instead of taking the form of iron that comes in hundreds of mg like that, which is not well absorbed by the body and really causes stomach upset, that you instead try to find some of the iron formulated differently that is better absorbed and comes in 30/60-65/120-125 mg instead. Not only is it (somwhat) easier on your stomach, it's also better used and will help you get over your anemia sooner.

The way I have most people take the iron is to take it 6 weeks daily and then go to 3x a week as a maintenance dose. If, after you have reduced the dose, you notice that you are immediately tired, having palpitations or weakness, etc like when you were anemic, go back to taking it daily. And if you take your pills with something containing Vit. C like an orange or a SMALL amount of fruit juice (fruit juice isn't always beneficial for LE Diet so you should probably make it actual citrus fruit) it helps with absorption.