Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did I miss the ovulation? or there is still a chance!

Hello
    yesterday was CD 17 and I got positive OPKs. Unfortunately, something came up and we didn't dtd. Now, (cd 18) 8:45 pm, is there still a chance or I missed the ovulation? I tested today but OPKs are negative. I used clearblue (2 most fertile days kind) and Wondfo tests. If we bd tonight, will there be enough time for the sperms to be there and ready?
    I know that we cannot tell when is the ovulation but from your experience, have you seen people getting pregnant after BD the second day after positive OPK?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes yes there is still a chance, BD as soon as you can!!!

People ovulate 36 hours average after the first positive OPK. But this is AVERAGE and some people ovulate 48 hours or even longer afterwards.

The OPK being negative doesn't tell us anything. You can have an OPK go negative and not have ovulated yet. The surge is just a "message" that your body sends to itself to ovulate some time in the near future and then your body will do so on its own timeline.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes yes there is still a chance, BD as soon as you can!!!

People ovulate 36 hours average after the first positive OPK. But this is AVERAGE and some people ovulate 48 hours or even longer afterwards.

The OPK being negative doesn't tell us anything. You can have an OPK go negative and not have ovulated yet. The surge is just a "message" that your body sends to itself to ovulate some time in the near future and then your body will do so on its own timeline.
    GREAT!
    How long does it take for the sperms to be ready and reach the egg?
    What are some of the ovulation's signs? I always read people saying "POD #" How do they know the day of ovulation?
    Last edited by tuba; June 21st, 2020 at 06:02 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Capacitation (the sperm getting ready to fertilize the egg) takes anywhere from a few hours to days. Sperm capacitate in waves so some are always ready to greet the egg while others stay dormant (sleeping) till later on.

You can't tell when you O from symptoms alone. Most people can tell that they have ovulated in the past (your libido drops, you may have a change in mood, you may find no cervical mucus any more) or are about to ovulate (high libido, good mood, lots of cervical mucus) but there's no way to pin it down to the hour or even the day really. Since hormones cause symptoms, and NOT the egg itself, it's totally possible to keep having symptoms after ovulation for a day or two till the hormones have shifted totally, and it's also possible to have your hormones start changing (and change your symptoms) a day or even two before O occurs (more likely the day before)

The people who know the day they ovulated were probably temping and charting their temp. After ovulation happens, your temperature goes up very high. but the catch is, you can't know for SURE that you've ovulated till 3 days of high temperatures have passed - so some of those people are actually not correct about the day they ovulated anyway. They sometimes have a temp that is unnaturally low or unnaturally high and this can throw off the day they ovualted by even a couple days sometimes. Others have stairstep rises and mistake a rise for ovulation, only to have another rise later on that actually IS ovulation and this can throw them off even by weeks sometimes. The only surefire way that you can know if you have ovulated is having blood tests or ultrasound at a doc's office. So always take with a grain of salt what you read online because the majority of people who are reporting on when they ovulated are guessing and may not be correct.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ