Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My "no-sway" for girl.

Hello everyone!

I keep reading most of your posts to keep updated on the site and how most of you are doing with your sways.

Currently I am nearly 12 weeks postpartum with my DS3. With all the covid19 thing and lockdown I've been finding it harder to exercise and loose the baby weight. I can't really complain, because for having 3 children i'm not bad, but i was 62 kg (136lbs) when i got pregnant and now i'm 150lbs, so I'd like to loose that progressively through the summer, so I can fit in my jeans for the autumn.
    The slimmest i've been lately is 127lb (58kg) when my DS1 was about 10 months and i was breastfeeding and back at work.
    Breastfeeding as always helped me with loosing weight but this time as we're not getting to the park and so, it's not doing much. Maybe my body as become smarter, as i don't have overproduction either.

So, all that being said, although i've come into terms with having my 3rd boy (he's so cute and smiley!), i'm still longing for a girl. I don't feel complete, and maybe never will, but i feel like we should try the swaying. But as I'm a bit worried of becoming "swaycessed" i'm going for a relaxed approach. Maybe it won't even be a sway as my DH (or me) are completely sure about having a #4, but if we make our minds up, i want to be "ready" and have a different lifestyle as I had with my DS ttc/pregnancies.

- LE diet.

*As I crave sugar and carbs a lot, i'll try and go for the PCOS version, or mix them a bit. I'm not going to obsess about this. I'm trying to stay away from sugar for anxiety and health reasons more than diet.
    *starting at 1700-1800 kcal, 50-60 of protein and fat. (i'm EB, and will do until we start with solids at 6mo).
    *I don't eat much meat or fish, so we're nearly vegetarian. If i have any, i will try to stay in the limits, but mostly avoiding it. Family knows i've always wanted to be vegetarian, so they won't be surprise if i stay away from meat at family dinners.
    *No snacking - this is the biggest and hardest change for me. I'm used to eating everytime i go in the kitchen: fruit, nuts, breadsticks...
    *3 meals: i have breakfast at 9ish, lunch at 14 and dinner at about 20h. Sometimes I find it harder to get to dinner time without eating anything, so I try to have coffee with a bit of semi milk in it.
    *Breakfast: not ready to skip yet. When i start working again in october i will push it forward a couple of hours so I get a longer fast. I'm going to make some changes like not eating porridge and cereals, maybe just once a week and try to eat more toast or fruit and yoghurt.

For now i'm doing this more to loose weight, but keeping in the "girl side" just in case. I'm not going to restrict on what i eat so much. I had an eating disorder and i don't want to trigger it obssessing about the food. The idea is that if by the end of the year we decide on starting TTC, if my period has returned, we can start straight away.

- Exercise
    *I'm planning on going back to running. I've been walking some days for an hour, done bike roller for 50 min... but not constantly. I'm going to relax over this. I was so "stressed" with not getting to the 60 min mark that I was doing nothing. Until i get back to running i'll do what i feel like, even if it's for 40-45min (i know this is more boy side, but for my sanity any exercise is good). In ideal circumstances i'll combine a 20 or 30 min workout with a 30-40 min run (all consecutive). I'm going to try to do at least 5 days a week. If it's 6 great. I know 7 is impossible so not even considering

- Supplements: i'm going to take folic acid and stop the multivitamin i was taking. What about iodine? I know it's recommended for breastfeeding, but dunno if it sways anyway. By december or january 21 (if period is back) i'll try clomid if we're TTC.

- DtD: nothing right now my drive is tending to minus infinity (breastfeeding). I guess that if it suddenly comes back, that will mean my body is ready to ovulate again. In any case, i really doubt we do more than once a week and we'll probably be using condoms. I will only avoid big O if we TTC.

- Other things/old wives : i'm going to try to be more girlie and take care of myself, not only for swaying matters. Maybe i'll try to go to a nail salon, use more creams and make up... Also got some girl bibs that i'll keep under my bed

For now that's all... I'll use this as a diary and to keep me motivated. I'll keep updating if there's any changes.

xxx
    Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Hoping to sway for a at the end of 2020 - start 2021

2. Likes Pink1980 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So exciting!

This is mostly a great plan so just hit a couple things that jump out to me:

Start off 1800-2000 cals when breastfeeding, see how it goes

The PCOS-type diet is full fat dairy only - NO skim or semi-skim. So whole milk in the coffee.

no need to be restrictive with ED history - err on the side of not obsessing about food

Re exercise time - As long as you're losing weight on a lower protein diet you can't be adding muscle even if you can only get to 45 min. So this is ok. I have to tell you guys overall what I think will work best for people. We've had good results with 4 or more days.

Don't just stop supplements cold turkey, be sure to wean off. I do have some people take iodine when TTC and since you're not sure you're ready yet I would have you continue that. Iodine can be hard to come by on a LE-type diet.

Everything else is looking great!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks Lulila thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck!! I’m also swaying while breastfeeding!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wondering, would a Kayla Itsines workout sway girl if instead of doing the 28 min we double it?? She doesn't use weights in it but it's kind of a hiit workout. I also like body fit by Amy's video channel on youtube. She has cardio tabata style, but I guess all these are boy friendly

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk
    Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m also in the same boat, 15 weeks post partum with ds3 (ebf) and thinking about swaying again for baby #4. I’m going to try the pcos le diet but with a more relaxed approach. No measuring or calculations, just sticking to mostly veggie diet, no snacks and cereal or delayed breakfast. I don’t want to be overly strict because I think that may have let me down last time (not that I regret ds3 at all, he is a super baby!) Also, I have no idea when my cycle will return so whatever I do needs to be doable for a long period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Lulila liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by StarryRiver View Post
    I’m also in the same boat, 15 weeks post partum with ds3 (ebf) and thinking about swaying again for baby #4. I’m going to try the pcos le diet but with a more relaxed approach. No measuring or calculations, just sticking to mostly veggie diet, no snacks and cereal or delayed breakfast. I don’t want to be overly strict because I think that may have let me down last time (not that I regret ds3 at all, he is a super baby!) Also, I have no idea when my cycle will return so whatever I do needs to be doable for a long period of time.

Did you sway before? #ds3 was a surprise baby and when i was going to sway for #2 i found out i was already pregnant with ds2. I don't count or measure, i just track some things on an app mostly to see how much prot and fat i'm taking.

Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I did sway for ds3. pcos diet for 3 months, coffee, alcohol most nights, one attempt. I did most things really except clomid/femara as I can’t get hold of those. There were things I might have changed thinking retrospectively but the main thing is I was quite obsessive about getting the numbers right.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulila View Post
    Just wondering, would a Kayla Itsines workout sway girl if instead of doing the 28 min we double it?? She doesn't use weights in it but it's kind of a hiit workout. I also like body fit by Amy's video channel on youtube. She has cardio tabata style, but I guess all these are boy friendly

As long as you're losing weight on a lower protein, lower cal diet you can get away with some more muscle building moves. YOu can't be building muscle on that type of diet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    As long as you're losing weight on a lower protein, lower cal diet you can get away with some more muscle building moves. YOu can't be building muscle on that type of diet.
    Great! That way i can get some variety...60 min on the bike everyday or only running can get a bit boring. Plus I saw Kayla had a baby girl like, she must have a very LE diet too.
    Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post