Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is one Coke Zero a day okay? I’m not sure if this will mess with blood sugar levels at all. What about products labeled sugar free? Is there a thread here about blood sugar so I can understand it better? Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MOMMYto4BOYS View Post
    Is one Coke Zero a day okay? I’m not sure if this will mess with blood sugar levels at all. What about products labeled sugar free? Is there a thread here about blood sugar so I can understand it better? Thanks!
    Anything with no or very low cals is fine between meals. I like you guys to keep to 2-3 aritifical sweetened products a day but you can absolutely have coke zero every day.

Can you explain what it is you're not understanding about the blood sugar?? As long as you stick to the basic diet you dont' need to worry about blood sugar, it will take care of itself.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So other than the 1500-1800, 50-60 g protein, 50-60 g fat
    Are we trying to keep our blood sugar lower?

I have always been very Carby and lots of sugary foods.

Are chickenless patties okay?

Im also running into the problem of barely meeting my fat limit. Protein seems to be easier to meet. I noticed some popcorn 8grams fat 2grams protein. Is this a good option to up the fat? Is there anything other than popcorn with higher fat?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry about your blood sugar. Just do the diet as written and your blood sugar will take care of itself. You do not need to do or worry about anything else other than following the diet. I mention blood sugar only to explain how it probably works but that's not some other thing you then need to deal with.

especially if you have a history of carbs and sugar eating when u got your boys, you need to follow that alternate diet as much as possible.

Yes, meat replacers are ok but do keep an eye on them as they are hugely carby. Some people on the alternate diet end up having to actually add small mounts of meat back in to avoid eating a lot of carbs. (you will know if you need to go this route if you're gaining weight on the alternate duet. Otherwise don't worry about it.)

The popcorn is fine but I would have you switch from low fat items to full fat (I want you ONLY on full fat dairy, no skim dairy), adding in butter or margarine, cooking oil, mayonnaise, salad dressings - all great ways to get fat and calories without much protein or having to "EAT" a lot, if that makes sense. The drawback of popcorn is that you're going to have to chew up a lot of it, and sometimes people get sick of eating things that require a lot of chewing, if that makes sense. Sometimes it's more helpful to have a bit of mayo in your sandwich or cheese on top of something or salad dressing wth your veg to get that fat instead.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have reasoning for OLE for DH. He’s kind of curious. He has also opted to go vegan without even knowing it will help our sway!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent! I believe in vegan diets for pink (for hubby) wayyyyy more than OLE (which I am not sure does anthing at all).

The story behind the OLE is that briefly several years ago we had an IVF doctor who claimed they had some revolutionary method for getting a better gender split for IVF patients who wanted girls by having the husbands take OLE. She claimed she was going to publish a study about it. So some of our IVF people started using it, and they seemed to get good gender splits. At the same time, I was playing around with alternatives to the harsher sperm supplements for pink swayers whose husbands couldn't use them for a variety of reasons. OLE is better for sperm health so we started to use it.

Well, at first, we got good results, but even as we were getting good results, the IVF results seemed to drop, and I realized something about their results - they simply kept trying till they got a good gender split. So some people were having great success after only one month, others were on the OLE for several months before they finally got a lot of girls - but they always equated the success to the OLE even if it was immediate or had taken 9+ months! It occurred to me that what was likely happening was that these couples were just cycling till they got a girl heavy cycle from luck and then stopping and this was making the OLE look more effective than it really was.

So I took another look at the results with swaying. Everyone I was giving it to were people who had some issue - they weren't conceiving, the hubby had health problems, or low sperm count, or they were over 40 that kind of thing. Everyone I was giving it to was coming into their sway probably already more set for pink anyway. So I predicted as more people started to use it, that the results would drop, and in fact, they did and now OLE is not getting any better results than swaying as a whole (even for those who did not use OLE).

And, the doctor never published her study anyway that I'm aware of.

So, long story short, the OLE was kind of a rumor, we tried it, seemed to be working at first, then it became obvious it was a quirk of stats, and while I still keep it around for those who want to use it, I no longer think it does anything.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just checking in diet and lifestyle changes are going great. My husband happens to be enjoying a lot of vegan meat replacement options. I’ve noticed they all contain soy. Is this equivalent to if he were to be drinking a glass of soy milk each day? I hope he isn’t overdoing the soy is what I’m getting at lol.

Also, should I avoid the foods with soy? I’ve pretty much been eating similar to my husband. Just staying within my limits for protein/fat/calories

I also wanted to mention I am struggling to see any weight loss. But I’m curious if it could be the birth control I am taking. I have gained over 10 lbs since starting it. My diet is very low carb and I am just maintaining my current weight.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes the soy foods are equal to the soy milk. I say soy milk just because we have better compliance with that. He can keep on doing just what he's doing unless he has any underlying medical issues or infertility problems.

I generally have you guys limit soy to 2-3 servings per week for you yourself. This is because there is mixed data on how soy might sway for DW. Personally, I think it sways pink, but others say blue, and we just don't have enough hard evidence to know for sure. So I have people keep it to a reasonable dietary intake to be on the safest side.

Birth control is notorious for causing weight creep, but please give me a rundown of what you're eating and I'll see if there's anything we can tweak.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply! I didn’t realize I had a notification here. My husband has gone completely vegan. But more so because he wants to lose a little weight. I however just don’t eat meat, but keeping the dairy and cheese in my diet since it helps me keep the daily protein/fat limits for my sway.

Some of the products I’ve been eating. I usually alternate items or come up with different meals like stir fry, etc. and just mix it up a little. I have no clue what else to eat.

Homemade ranch w/ whole milk and mayonnaise
    Mayonnaise
    Margarine
    Vegetable oil
    Whole milk
    Whole milk mozzarella
    Eggs/Hard boiled eggs
    Gardein brand “chicken strips” 6g fat/13g protein/ 4g carbs
    Morningstar veggie burgers 4.5g fat/ 11g protein/ 9g carbs
    A few other Morningstar and gardein products but they’re all similar fat/protein/carbs as the ones I listed above
    Lettuce salads
    Fresh and frozen veggies.
    Sometimes I will use whole grain rice or whole grain bread. But I’ve also noticed My weight is just not changing at all not going up or down anymore, even if I cut out nearly all the carbs.

I told my husband I want to stop birth control to see if that’s the affecting the weight loss. And he says it’s too risky right now lol. We aren’t planning our attempt until January. I’m sure I’ll get this figured out at some point.

I’m also going to be upping my cardio soon, since my kiddos will be starting football next week, gives me extra outdoor time when they’re at practice. Hopefully that helps some

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To find your old posts, go to the top of the page and you'll see an option that says "my posts". If you click on that you'll get an option to track down both your started threads and any posts you posted in other people's threads as well. It's much easier than notifications.

Do you have totals for the day of fat, protein, and calories?

What is your BMI now?

Can you guys use barrier birth control?

yes more exercise would be a good place to start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12