Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC TWIN GIRLS: SUPPLEMENTS

Ok so i started my LE diet mid May. After researching a lot I have seen a lot of failed pink sways with calcium and magnesium so I stopped taking those. So I am just taking folate, licorice root and ceylon cinnamon.
    Now I have been researching gender swaying with twins and im wondering if the supplements they use are girl friendly or if its boy sway. I would really love twin girls but I do not want to switch my supplements if they are not girl friendly.

bitter leaf, okra, cassava, folate and licorice root

I'm not actively trying until November but im assuming I would start all this a month before or should i start it all now?
    Oooor should I just do it the first day of my period in the cycle I want to ttc?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    fine to leave out cal-mag, I got my girl without that after getting my 3rd and 4th boy while taking it.

Do not take licorice root. It is harmful for your unborn baby and should never be taken by any woman while trying to conceive or pregnant. We have never recommended it on here and never will. You should not even eat licorice candy or drink licorice tea when pregnant.

How much cinnamon are you taking and what is your weight?? Do you have moderate to severe PCOS?? Cinnamon is not right for everyone.

I do not recommend bitter leaf or okra. I haven't seen enough people take it to know if it is safe and how it sways.

Folate is fine up to 2000 mcg. Some even take up to 4000 mcg though I don't recommend this without medical cause. Take it all thru the entire first trimester of pregnancy and then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to the amount in your prenatal. Don't continue the higher dose folate all through your pregnancy, don't suddenly drop it, and don't suddenly switch from folate to folic acid.

Cassava is at your discretion though I have seen a lot of people take it and no one got twins. The only way I believe actually works to increase chances of twinning is Clomid or Femara (or injectibles but most would not be able to use those). None of the over the counter twin herbs really seem to work reliably.

If you do decide to take these things, I would start them 6 weeks beforehand (so right after ovulation, then take for 2 weeks, one full month, then you'll try the ovulation of that month)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've changed my plan around a bit because my DH doesn't want twins (all of a sudden). So ..in my LE diet i have lots of Diet Coke or Pepsi, chugging a black coffee every morning-chugging because it's gross-and 2 glasses of white wine a night. I'm wondering about vitex or myoinositol (I do not have irregular cycles nor do I have PCO -im 160lbs and 5 foot- but I have seen a few women take it from AF-O the cycle they want to try that have similar stories to me and they have gotten a girl). I plan to take folate, DH will be starting cranberry. Starting October 1st we will be continuing those supplements as well as starting licorice root (although you're saying it is not great again ive seen a lot of successes when only taken from AF - O of the cycle you want to try). I am also planning to use my workout bike for at least 60 min a day.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Or is it better for DH to take olive leaf extract instead of the LR?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would rather see you take myoinositol by a factor of 10 zillion than even look at a bottle of licorice. If taking myoinositol will get you off the licorice I am all for it.

Please take 1000 mg myoinositol from AF-O and 500 mg (or 1000 every other day) from O-AF. If you notice weight flying off or your cycle getting weird we may need to revisit this but I'm fine with you giving that a whirl.

The reason I am not recommending licorice root is because it is NOT SAFE. This is not some rumored risk that I'm exaggerating, not one of my hypothetical concerns here, it's one of those things PROVEN TO CAUSE HARM (just from eating the candy, let alone the supplements which are far more concentrated) and we do not know how long the effects last. So it is entirely possible that you could take it from AF-O and then it stays in your system long enough to cause harm. It is also entirely possible that because it may affect hormones, taking it and then stopping it at ovulation could set you up for a chemical or later miscarriage since your hormones are screwed up by the presence and then absence of licorice root. Even if it had 100% success for pink, is NOT WORTH IT to get a girl if you are risking your pregnancy or your baby's health and mental acuity (it is shown to negatively affect a baby's IQ in addition to causing miscarriage, low birth weight, and preterm labor)

How much cinnamon are you taking again?

I'm moving away from vitex. I feel like it was so disruptive to the cycle and then we just weren't getting good results with it. But again I'm far more down with Vitex than the LR so if you have a burning need to take something we can do the vitex 800 mg AF-O.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; July 10th, 2020 at 11:55 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjhelm View Post
    Or is it better for DH to take olive leaf extract instead of the LR?
    Olive leaf is not traded for the LR. Your husband should drop LR because we got only like 34% girls with it (even with otherwise good sways) and it's clearly not working. But the OLE is exchanged for CRANBERRY, not LR. So if you wanted him to take OLE you'd have to drop the cranberry.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok let me make sure I understand. OLE is the only thing for DH? Is there anything else he can do?
    And the only things for me would be Myoinositol and folate?

I'm doing 1/4 teaspoon a day of the ceylon cinnamon either in my coffee or lowfat yogurt.

Just want to make sure everything im doing has a higher chance for girl than boy.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some people give their hubbies fiber and soy milk.

Myo, cinnamon, folate, and fiber if you want to take it. (be sure to cut back to 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon in the 2ww and wean off to dietary amounts at BFP)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Im just reading thru some older posts and some say vitex is fine but others say its not and then myoinositol is what should be taken but then some say that shouldn't be taken either.

Should i just not bother with it at all for my pink sway?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjhelm View Post
    Ok. Im just reading thru some older posts and some say vitex is fine but others say its not and then myoinositol is what should be taken but then some say that shouldn't be taken either.

Should i just not bother with it at all for my pink sway?
    We have changed our recommendations over time as we have accumulated a body of data and experiences.

As it sits now, here, today, vitex has been far, far lower results than we would like to see (barely better than 50-50 and that is with otherwise good sways) and it has caused massive amounts of trouble in terms of delaying and even stopping ovulation, causing short LP, and preventing conception even when people should have been conceiving easily. So I have pretty much stopped using it except in a few cases and our results are higher than ever (WAY higher than when the majority of us were using it.)

Myoinositol has gotten very good results for us, even though not everyone can use it. So you will find some posts where I am telling people not to use it because it isn't right for them. I am not convinced it is right for you but I really don't want you to use licorice because I do not want to take any risks with your baby's health. So I will happily let you take a chance on myoinositol in exchange for the licorice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast