Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Carbs and Protein

Hi all! I've read in a couple spots that you're supposed to avoid having protein and carbs in the same meal on the PCOS LE diet (as it will keep blood sugar high for a long time). Is this still true?

As an example: instead of doing pasta + meat sauce or tofu stir fry over brown rice for example (both carb + protein), we'd do pasta with spaghetti sauce for dinner one night, and then a tofu stir fry with lower carb veggies (like asparagus, celery and broccoli) the next night. Or instead of peanut butter and wholewheat bread at lunchtime, I'd do wholewheat bread with a little cream cheese, and then peanut butter and celery with lunch the next day. Does that make sense? Am I wayyyyyyyy overthinking it?

I've also noticed that some people avoid garlic and onions while TTC a girl. Is this still recommended? We eat garlic in all forms (raw, sautéed, roasted, you name it) on everything all the time. As you can imagine, we smell great. Any other foods we should avoid?

We still have awhile until our sway, but we're slowly trying to incorporate small lifestyle changes now so that it's easier later.
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021
    Trying for a daughter 2023

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No and if you tell me where you read that I will correct it.

Blue swayers MUST mix protein and carbs at every meal. This is because they are trying to keep their blood sugar up all the time. But they are eating entirely different diets anyway. It is fine and indeed, necessary, for pink swayers to eat both protein and carbs together otherwise ther is literally no way to get all the nutrients you need in a day, particularly on the alt. diet. And becuase pink swayers are eating different diets all together, eating protein and carbs on teh LE Diet does NOT keep their blood sugar up all the time anyway. The diets are completely different in many ways so the advice for one is not going to be just the opposite of the other.

Long story short, all those meals you ahve listed are fine.

The reason for the garlic and onion thing is when I was first making the diets, anything I could keep the same as the old school diets without any negative side effects, I did, even when I didn't believe in them at all. Some have said "garlic and onion raises testosterone" so I left it out. But I do not believe that garlic and onion sway blue (it makes NO SENSE that any individual foods, particularly as ubiquitous as onion and garlic could possibly sway) I seriously doubt dietary amounts could possibly raise testosterone on their own without an otherwise T-friendly diet, and testosterone has never been proven to sway in anything but the very sketchiest of ways (and we have other evidence that may even point against it). It is fine as a part of your diet. Now, would you maybe want to cut back eating massive amounts of sauteed garlic, hey, can't hurt right?? But as far as garlic in spaghetti sauce, salsa, and occasionally in recipes, it's fine.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I think I probably read a thread with blue swayers talking about it, and then had extrapolated that if they were trying to eat both in a meal, I should do the opposite. I'm greatly relieved to hear I don't need to try to keep them separate though, makes things so much easier!

Also good to know about the garlic. I think my husband would've cried if we'd had to cut it out altogether. I'll cut back on eating huge amounts of it--we literally use it as a condiment by crushing raw garlic into soups, butter, you name it--but won't worry about using it in recipes. And maybe instead of putting six cloves of garlic in a recipe, we'll just stick to one . Though--a further argument for not having people worry about it--we inherited our garlic obsession from my husband's mom, who if possible, eats even more garlic than we do. She has six girls and four boys!
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021
    Trying for a daughter 2023

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EXACTLY! There is no shortage of people eating garlic and having girls! It just really can't be a thing!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Likes lad liked this post