Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Advice please with Iron Tablets

Hey

I have looked on the website to check if taking iron supplements is okay for girl away. Please excuse me if this is a silly question but I have just had blood results back and if I don’t take iron tablets I am weeks away from becoming anemic. I’m not sure if this is because I went vegetarian last year but I wanted to get advice

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Take 30-60 mg iron (avoid the very high dose irons that come in hundreds of milligrams because they are badly absorbed and will really upset your stomach) for the next 2 months and then cut back to 3x a week maintenance dose.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s great thank you very much. Iv not started taking them just yet. I’m holding off for a little bit if I can.

I also had another question as I have just managed to get my contraceptive implant out. (Due to restrictions we were not aloud for this to happen). 3 months longer than I had anticipated but due to lockdown and everything else going on my diet for the past 4 weeks hasn’t been the best. I am still vegetarian, having coffee every morning and sometimes afternoon too, drinking diet juice instead of full fat and cut out energy drinks completely. I was going to give it 6 weeks to get back to my fitness and not snack anymore, do you think this is enough time? I have been veggie since Oct and stuck to the diet since Jan expect from my little blip the last 4 weeks. I just want the best chance possible and I know you said having the implant out sways pink too so don’t want to leave it too long.

The nurse has giving me the contraceptive patch which I can use so I’m not sure if I can use this until next month when we try? Hopefully Iv not messed things up too much.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please start them immediately. We need to get this corrected sooner rather than later as anemia can snowball on people and end up with you having to have a transfusion.

Since you've been on some kind of diet since January I would try. Even if you were a little less than ideal the last little bit I think it's probably time for you guys to get started.

Go ahead and call them to be sure but I think you can use the contraceptive patch on a month by month basis. But I think it's fine for you to try now, most of the time people who think they messed up on diet actually did way better than they thought.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, so the they won't spoil the sway then? I was worried this would happen as I have never taken them nor any vitamins or anything like.

Yeh, I think we could go ahead and try then. I think because I was so good from January onwards and since COVID and been unable to have the implant removed I kind off gave up hope of it ever happening. The only downfall was me having snacks now and then and only a few days I didn't fast 12 hours. Apart from that, I think everything else seems fine.

I think I just want everything to be perfect but even at that I know its never guaranteed. And stress does that sway pink?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are deficient you need to take them. You are not going to be able to get and stay pregnant if you're severely anemic and if you postpone taking them you'll end up needing massive medical intervention in the form of transfusions. We have not found a little iron on its own to be a swaykiller.

Snacks now and then are no biggie, nor is the occasional day you don't make it 12 hours.

Stress over things you can't control has been shown in studies to sway pink.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So iv started taking the iron tablets, which im hoping make me less tired also.
    Back to my daily excerise and diet back on were it usually was so fingers crossed I can try next month.

I had the implant removed last Friday and accoridng to my ovulation strips I was:

CD 16: LOW
    CD 17am : LOW
    CD 17pm: HIGH
    CD 18am: HIGH
    CD 18pm:PEAK
    CD 19: LOW

And its continuing to get lower. I have never taken ovulation test strips ever so I am guessing I would have my one attempt at CD 17pm and thats all? I will need to try as off next month as it completely through me off just days after I had it removed so hoping im better prepared for next month.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of us would have attempt on CD 18, the night of first peak.

A few people, if they're trying for timing, will have attempt the day of the high.

It's your call to make, peak is better odds of conception but some worry it doesn't mesh with Shettles timing.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s great.

At least I will know for next month.

Is it possible to fall pregnant 2 days after peak ovulation?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no "peak ovulation". There is a peak reading on an OPK test, but that is not ovulation. You will ovulate 24-48 hours after that peak reading. So while it is possible to get pregnant from having sex 2 days after a peak, it's at the outer limits of possible (since more people will ovulate more like 24-36 hours after that peak. And you can't get pregnant two days after ovulation because the egg would be dead by then.