Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help! is my timing off...am I missing my window to conceive?

Hi,

So I've been tracking ovulation, with Ovulation Strips and BBT since October. Started dieting & running/walking since Jan(since May exercise limited or not there) . Trying to conceive since April.

My cycle is roughly 28/29days, but since starting our new adventure its been unpredictable 28/30/32! Also Ive begun to spot 4-5days before expected period. Ive been testing 2nd urine in morning, after lunch2/2.30 and later at night 8/9.
    Last month I also decided to include Clearblue so I also tested 3times a day with these comparing them with the strips(ott I know!). So I got 4days flashy face and on that last day which was 16 of cycle I tested that morning which was flashy and then I was out so I missed my lunch testing, tested at 4.30 with strip no sign 2nd line, for the chance tested at 11pm that night with strip 2 lines appearing peak(Bingo!), tested with Clearblue to compare it was solid face! DTD. Tested in Morning no 2nd line on strip(and tested next 3 days no 2nd line). AF came 2nd July...31 day cycle.

Ladies TMI but I've regularly checked cervix and can notice texture,position and shape changes. During last cycle I would have thought I conceived as cervix became very high, soft, wide and felt it was disappearing, I've never had this before. On night of day 26 I checked and bright red blood was present on finger,however no blood showed again until my period started. Sorry now but I checked Cervix and its firm, longer which would normally have been the case from a few days before period begun.

So BBT I notice I've 2 days of a dip 36.05/36.07'C and then it rises. On the 1st day it rises is the day I get my 2nd line/peak on strip and this is the day we DTD.

Everything I am doing is complete opposite to what I have done for my 2boys.
    Back then was multple tries from day of Clearblue flashy face and doggy style I know I conceived them. I was on Vitamins,breakfast,eating well,eating meat,increased dairy, Highly stressed. Im complete opposite for this sway now.

Should we be trying days of dip? Is the Strip picking up ovulation too late or is the accuracy BBT not reliable as my sleep is going to bed late and waking 6/6.30.

What is your advice to help increase my chance of conception this month? Atomic I took your advice layed on my tummy for a while after.
    Im due to ovulate on the 15th of this month.

xxxxxxx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ...also I'm 37 and hubby 40 later this year, he takes mag,cal,olive leaf, Soya, eats what Im eating so diet 3/4 vegetarian, runs,plays sport 2 nights a week non competitive...then again I think any man competitive in sport LOL

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    CD 16 positive OPK for CD 31 cycle is absolutely normal.

I really prefer you guys don't check your cervix, particularly after ovulation. It doesn't tell you anything reliable, as you can see from the fact that it's not telling you what you expected it to, and the more you poke around up there (even with scrupulously clean hands) you end up causing irritation that can trigger spotting (this is not true spotting as it's coming from an irritated cervix, not your uterine lining), not to mention running the risk of introducing

If you are having an attempt the day of the temp rise, IF it is a true temp rise (which I am not convinced of that given that you're having positive OPK on CD 16 and your period comes CD 31 (ovulation CD 17 and 14 day LP = 31 day cycle) then that would be too late. I suspect that at least this past month the temp was what was incorrect not the OPK, but I can't speak to any other months.

I would have you go to every 4 days now either way. No more OPK, no more checking cervix (seriously, please stop checking after ovulation and I prefer you don't check at all ever) and after your period ends, start having unprotected sex every 72 hours continuing on till you are certain you have ovulated (even if that means going all the way thru till your next period starts.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Atomic

Reading your reply I laughed at myself, just hearing it sounds mad what Im doing, yes I will stop all Promise��
    Having unprotected sex every 4days after my period ends and all the way thru, am I limiting my chance for conceiving a girl, as its not one attempt?
    Thanks for your patience.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No it's not your fault, there are too many sites telling people to do stuff like that and it's easy to get caught up in it. But it's just not necessary and very likely has far more risk of harm for something that doesn't tell us anything reliable anyway.

As it sits now, every four days is actually getting better results than one attempt. It's a much smaller sample size, but I do not think you're compromising your sway for anyone who has tried one attempt and not conceived. I still like you guys to start off with the one attempt because I have more confidence in it (since it's more time tested and I was able to see from the start that it worked for people) but e4d is getting great results thus far and I cannot see how it could possibly sway blue given the good results it's gotten.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic xx
    Very assuring...maybe this will be our month, lots of Positive mental attitude, lots of luck & lots of prayers foe the next few weeks.
    Should I continue antihistimine before ovulation orleave out this month? Do u think jellies would sway in our favour if we introduced it?
    Thanks for giving your time xx

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would leave jellies and antihistamine out at this point. neither have worked, we get the same rates of boys and girls conceived with and without them.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,
    Sorry to ask youve probably answered this already somewhere x....Re my attempt....Im due to Ovulate around 15th....so if we re dtd every 4days, and it happens weve done it the day before i get a peak on opk do we have another attempt at Peak result no matter what?
    Thanks xx

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Cherrytree, just wanted to wish you luck this month! I’m onto e4d now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For best chance of conception have another attempt at peak. For best odds of pink stick with the attempt you've already had. But I meant for you to just go to every 4 days and give that a try for a couple months, I'd not have you add the additional attempt at pos OPK just yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast