Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

72 vs 96 hrs dilemma

Please help!! I’m agonising over whether to do 72 or 96 (or split the difference and do 84hrs!).

We’ve TTC for 2 months now with no luck. One attempt each month, the first too far in advance of ovulation and the second when I thought I should be ovulating but didn’t actually get a positive OPK so hoping more frequent attempts this month will work but really still want to maximise the chance of having a girl. I’ve been on a vegetarian mainly LE diet for what seems like a long time (over 4 months) so hoping that box is ticked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. First of all, if ever you are "agonizing" about any decision in swaying, just flip a coin and do what the coin tells you to do. Obsessing over meaningless details harms your sway far more than the difference between 72 hours and 96 hours. (which may not harm your sway at all as far as we know)

Secondly, there is nothing magic about how we count the days. The ONLY reason I say "72 hours" and "96 hours" is an attempt to make people understand how to count the days. What I really MEAN is have an attempt Monday, and an attempt Thursday, and then Sunday, etc, at some time that day, but saying all that requires a lot of typing and somehow people still end up confused. The number of hours do not matter at all, it is just explaining how to count the days. There IS no "84 hours". I don't want you paying attention to that level of detail where you're having sex to the hour, not at all, I'm just trying to explain how to count the days. SOMETIME on a particular day that is roundabout 72 hours-ish past your last attempt (or 96) you should have an attempt whenever it's convenient for you.

As for your question, if you want possibly better chance of pink but lower chance of conception, do every 96 hours. If you want better chance of conception but possibly slightly lower chance of pink (though it's still getting good results) do 72 hours apart. If you can't decide, flip a coin and do what the coin says.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes *Pinkdust* liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic - I love that idea! We’ll leave it to fate as this all really is and see what’s in store for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post