Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My doctor prescribed Nolvadex. Does it sway for girl?

Hello Atomic!

Last month, I went to the doctor and she told me I have PCOS and gave me Metformin. She said that my ovulation is weak. She took blood tests and did an ultrasound at cd 10. She said that I wait 3 months and if I don't get pregnant, I come back and get medication. I only waited one month and today cd 2, I went so I can get femara but she prescribed "Nolvadex" instead.

Does Nolavadex sway? which is better, Femara or Nolvadex? I can go back and ask for Femara if it's better in terms of swaying.

I am not sure about the ovulation part because when I went there it was cd 10 and my cycle is about 32-34 days. I guess that cd 10 is too early to see any egg, am I right? Can she see anything at cd 10 via ultrasound?
    Last edited by tuba; July 7th, 2020 at 02:31 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry! I posted another one before this but I couldn’t delete it. It says “page not found”

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it was due to all the punctuation marks in it, I was just gonna message you to ask you to post it again!

I prefer Femara and Clomid but it's only because I have more experience with them The Nolvadex is likely very similar but I've only had one person take it so far and I just don't have the confidence in it that I do the other ones (not only for swaying, but also safety/efficacy). I'm fine with you taking it but it's just that I know more about the others (by far)

Yes you're right that she did the scan too early.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes it was due to all the punctuation marks in it, I was just gonna message you to ask you to post it again!

I prefer Femara and Clomid but it's only because I have more experience with them The Nolvadex is likely very similar but I've only had one person take it so far and I just don't have the confidence in it that I do the other ones (not only for swaying, but also safety/efficacy). I'm fine with you taking it but it's just that I know more about the others (by far)

Yes you're right that she did the scan too early.
    Great! I went back and asked for Femara instead of Nolvadex.
    When is the best day to see the doctor after I finish Femara? to check my ovulation! As I mentioned, my cycle is 32-34 days.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your cycle may very well change on the Femara. I would go back in the 4th day after your last dose. You will not ovulate before the 5th day after taking the medication, so by going in the 4th day after, you will be able to see what's going on in time for there to still be an attempt if you do O that soon.

Now, you may have them tell you "you're not ovulating" but you still WILL. (for reasons I will never understand some doctors seem to not understand how these medications even work). People will O an average of 5-10 days after the last dose of Femara, but a large minority will O later than that even. So just don't get too upset if they say something like "hmm looks like you're not ovulating this month" they're full of baloney, most people will ovulate, just later than that.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your cycle may very well change on the Femara. I would go back in the 4th day after your last dose. You will not ovulate before the 5th day after taking the medication, so by going in the 4th day after, you will be able to see what's going on in time for there to still be an attempt if you do O that soon.

Now, you may have them tell you "you're not ovulating" but you still WILL. (for reasons I will never understand some doctors seem to not understand how these medications even work). People will O an average of 5-10 days after the last dose of Femara, but a large minority will O later than that even. So just don't get too upset if they say something like "hmm looks like you're not ovulating this month" they're full of baloney, most people will ovulate, just later than that.
    So last Sunday was my last dose of Femara. Should I go on next Thursday which is the fourth day after Femara or Saturday? because the doctor doesn't work on Friday. Which day is better, Atomic?
    Also, when to begin BD the e4d method? my period lasts 9-10 days.
    Last edited by tuba; July 14th, 2020 at 09:48 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The doctor should be able to see something by the 4th day, so I'd go Thursday. If you decide not to go till Saturday I'd def. attempt on Thursday to cover in case you O Friday.

As soon as possible on the e4d

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The doctor should be able to see something by the 4th day, so I'd go Thursday. If you decide not to go till Saturday I'd def. attempt on Thursday to cover in case you O Friday.

As soon as possible on the e4d
    Dear Atomic,
    I went to the doctor this morning and she was very mad at me. She refused to do a scan because I didn’t come on cd 9 and because I didn’t take femara twice a day as she suggested
    Today is cd 13
    She was too mad that I couldn’t tell her that I got positive OPK Yesterday
    I took femara once a day from cd3 for five days.
    She prescribed Duphaston twice a day for ten days starting from cd15. She asked to see her next cycle

I need Your comment, Atomic!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you have probably realized this but doctors don't need to know everything. If they're giving you bad information that you aren't following because it's bad information (like telling you to take too high a dose of Femara) it's ok to keep that to yourself.

Next time just tell her you came on CD 9 or whatever day she says. Unless you've specifically told her the day your period starts she won't be able to know what cycle day it is.

I would seriously consider getting a new doctor because it is completely normal for women to ovulate different days after the Femara. If you stopped the Femara CD 7 there is no way you could have been about to ovulate by CD 9, and that would have been a useless and expensive visit.

They can't tell stuff like this from ultrasounds or blood tests.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You MUST NOT start Duphaston until you have ovulated. Telling you to start Duphaston a certain day without even confirming you have ovulated is questionable medical advice. While some people can ovulate despite taking Duphaston, for others it will stop ovulation in its tracks because rising progesterone stops the development of an egg. The doctors who start Duphaston just "whenever" on CD 15 rather than 1-3 days past ovulation like most docs do, are banking on that you are just about to release the egg and so the process can't be stopped, but if they're wrong they can end up stopping O in its tracks.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast