Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best time to use an OPK on clomid

A little advice (trying to sway pink too)?? So thanks to a faulty thyroid my dr has me on clomid. Now OPKS have always worked for me before. I always would get my solid smiley after the blinkys. But last month when I took my clomid? I never got a solid smiley. Just alot of blinkys.

Before? I'd always get my solid around day 13 or 14. I know clomid alters the release of the egg in general. Its stressful enough having to BD every other day (husband isn't a frequent releaser)

Anyway I guess what I'm asking is for those on clomid is there a better time to take the opk (clear blue 4 day opk) than first thing in the AM? Maybe because of the clomid first morning isn't doing it. Anyone else having this problem??? Or did have it and changed the timing of testing and got a better outcome?? I'm new to this clomid rodeo.

I've also been using a fingertip of acijel an hour before. I've been wondering if I should push it to 2 hours before or if my CM would absorb or wash it away...........I'm a mess lol. Any advice would be appreciated.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would recommend having unprotected sex every 4 days (in the 72 hour pattern, Mon/Thurs - not those days per se but that's how you count the days). That way you'll always be in with a viable attempt.

But if you don't want to do that this month, I would recommend testing with OPK after lunch instead. That is when the hormone should be the most concentrated in your urine.

Why are you BD every other day?

I would not recommend Acijel any more on the Clomid. You gave it a month, now you aren't pregnant with it, time to drop it. You can only be on Clomid 3-6 months so you need to err on the side of letting go of stuff that doesn't work in favor of the stuff that does (getting pregnant while on Clomid!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My dr who prescribed the clomid said sex every other day starting on CD 10....and I'm just kind of like.....that's ALOT, you know lol. Starting on cd 10 all the way to the start of my period. Who in the world could do that.

I used clomid and acijel last month. But with the wacky opks I'm not sure if I dtd on the correct day because it didn't ever get past the blinky. If the thing would turn solid I'd be more confident.

But I'll start testing around lunch time. Thanks atomic wish me luck and PINK dust 🙏🙏🙏🙏 5th time trying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not even a good way to get pregnant. I HATE IT when docs say to have sex every other day because not only can a good chunk of people not manage to do that, but that ends up in many cases being just one attempt in the fertile window anyway and does nothing to help up odds of conception. EOD can end up being either O-1, O-3, and O-5 (and O-1 is really the only viable attempt since O-3 is slim odds and O-5 is nonexistent) or O Day, O-2, O-4 (and O-2 is in many cases the only viable attempt because O-4 is too early, and O Day is for many people too late).

What I would have you guys do is have sex every 72 hours (this is our e4d method). This will end up being one attempt in the fertile window. And then in addition to that, have one more attempt at positive OPK. That way you will for sure have 2 attempts.

But depending on how much Clomid you have (do you have 3 months or 6 months?) you may want to just try e4d for the next two months without the additional attempt at positive OPK.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate it as well. But with the clearblue opk not giving me a solid everything I'm trying is new. I'm on CD 12 and still a blinky. I think I'll start testing 2x a day from here on out. I mean your right. Who can produce something every other day for 20 days 🤦*♀️😬

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Test after lunch and before dinner.