Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Back to early ovulation

So my understanding from reading here is that if your O date moves around, to later/delayed if you were regular before, or earlier if you were delayed, this is good news for swaying. Is this right?

I have always been a regular/early ovulator. My LP is consistently at 13 days and I usually have 26 or 27 day cycles, occasionally 28/29 or shorter at 25. I have been charting since 2011, other than the 2.5 years I had an IUD and while BFing, though I got my cycle back at 8 months with DS1 and 7 months with DS2 even while EBF (higher fertility? Helps explain 2 boys lol).

My first cycle while swaying, in May, O day was CD16. My second cycle, last month, was CD17. I was happy because it looked like the diet & exercise was delaying ovulation, which looked to be a good thing.

Fast forward to this month, third cycle while swaying, started July 2nd — it looks like I already ovulated this cycle, on CD12. CD13 could be possible too but I think CD12 is more likely; I had some wonky high temps earlier this cycle from not sleeping with the heat & humidity.

So, does this mean I’m doomed?! I know, probably not, and kind of a crystal ball type question. Is there anything to gain from this? Could the slightly delayed O the first two cycles have been solely due to my IUD removal at the end of April, and NOT due to the diet and exercise? Am I “too fertile” (is that even a thing?)? Everything I’ve seen and read has people’s O days either being slightly delayed or moving up to a normal range, but yet I’m exercising 7 days a week, sticking within the diet limits (Saturday will be the start of week 12), and still am over here ovulating early. Argh! Lol

I guess the good thing is that it brings my next cycle, the one where we actually start to TTC, sooner... though that has its own problems because we will be on vacation with my parents for the whole first week of August, and if I ovulate super early again, that will mean we have to BD on vacation in a small house shared with my parents ... Plus figuring out how to take OPKs while at the beach all day LOL. Agh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Ovulation Chart

Hot like Mexico, rejoice!
    At this point I gotta choose, nothing to lose

- -
    Me: Alyssa, 31
    DH: Efrain, 31
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

BFP on 08/18 at 9 dpo! Due date May 2nd 2021!

Link to my sway:
    http://https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/81254-hotlikemexico-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html#post1057291

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not at all. I wouldn't say "good news". There are lots of reasons why people's cycles can change and in fact sometimes weird cycles can = PCO tendencies = more boys.

We monitor things like when your period comes and if it's gotten lighter and O Days for what they seem to be telling us. But the truth is the majority of people have regular cycles before swaying and regular cycles after swaying.

There's nothing amiss or not pink friendly about any of this.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks hotlikemexico thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Not at all. I wouldn't say "good news". There are lots of reasons why people's cycles can change and in fact sometimes weird cycles can = PCO tendencies = more boys.

We monitor things like when your period comes and if it's gotten lighter and O Days for what they seem to be telling us. But the truth is the majority of people have regular cycles before swaying and regular cycles after swaying.

There's nothing amiss or not pink friendly about any of this.
    Awesome, thank you! I am very happy to just have been putting too much stock into the change of ovulation date. If anything I’d much rather be ovulating earlier/at my normal time, than having the diet and daily exercise do the opposite and stop my ovulation, so that’s good.

I had mentioned in my last thread also that AF this cycle was the shortest and lightest it’s been all of my adult life not affected by contraceptives, so that is one thing that’s changed. I know it’s not a guarantee or anything either, just that there was a change somewhere.

And I AM happy that next cycle is even closer now! so that is a bonus! Can’t believe this weekend will be week 12 of my sway already! That flew by. I’m excited and nervous to start trying next month. Just will make sure that I start OPKs sooner — I almost missed my positive this month because I wasn’t expecting it so early!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Ovulation Chart

Hot like Mexico, rejoice!
    At this point I gotta choose, nothing to lose

- -
    Me: Alyssa, 31
    DH: Efrain, 31
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

BFP on 08/18 at 9 dpo! Due date May 2nd 2021!

Link to my sway:
    http://https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/81254-hotlikemexico-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html#post1057291

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    and just for others reading this thread, this is why I always, always want you to start OPK before the earliest you MIGHT ovulate (by which I mean CD 8-10) Even if you typically don't ovulate till later, start the OPK sooner because your cycle can and often does change when swaying.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks hotlikemexico thanked for this post