Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Embarrassed One more question before TTC girl

Hello Atomic,
    Sorry to ask so many questions...
    Me and my hubby are going to TTC in one months time, so excited!
    I have a question about BD pattern and I promise I wont ask again after this LOL.

My question is:

I think we are going to do One attempt at positive OPK.
    I have learnt by searching and reading in other threads where you explain that this means one attempt during the fertile window.
    What would you recommend my husband to do?
    Should he not release at all until that one attempt once the new cycle has started? Or does it not matter how often (or when) he releases as long as he just doesn’t release inside of me?

Thank you again for your time!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, I love questions, please ask as many as you have.

Some people do the one attempt along with frequency patterns like abstain or daily release of 7-10 days before that one attempt. (those under 35 usually do abstain, those over 35 usually do daily release). But the truth is, neither has worked. Only the one attempt seemed to work. So now many people are dropping abstain/daily release and going with either doing regular release or letting him "do what he does" along with having just one unprotected attempt.

What to do is really at your discretion, whatever option you think will keep everyone happy. The important thing is the one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!
    Haha my hubby had been complaining this cycle because we where going to DTD unprotected at least two days after ovulation to prevent pg this month but as I ovulated late I had to help him out quite often and he felt guilty about it. He keeps saying he cant wait to TTC because then finally we can have a lot of sex and not worry about anything... when I will be the one worrying because that doesn’t sway girl we got our boy by DTD on: O-6, O-4, O-2, O-1 and two times on day of O.
    I dont know what to tell him yet about when we TTC in a months time.
    I dont think he would be very happy if I tell him he is only aloud to release inside me that one time at positive OPK (even though he can have plenty of DTD at 2 DPO up to day of expected AF (which we hope stays out of course)
    Especially as he doesnt really support swaying. I can try to ask him to abstain but I dont think he can abstain from start AF up to pos. OPk as this is at least 14 days id not longer...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes that would be EXACTLY the type of thing I'd love to see my blue swayers do to get a boy!!

Given all that, I do not think you should have your husband abstain. I think he would get very irritated about that. The cardinal rule of swaying is to keep your husband happy because if he's not happy, not only do you risk that he might change his mind about trying to conceive (this has happened several times when people were swaying too invasively) but also that the confrontation and stress would undermine your sway anyway.

So is he ok to have sex with you with protection?? Or would he be upset with the protection too??

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No... condoms dont work well for him or myself as we both react to them with pain. I could help him though, give him a hand... literally (omg LOL)
    Would that be ok and is there a pattern Incan do that in? Of number of days I can or cant do that before attempt?

Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's fine. I would just use the "let him do what he does" method where whenever he's in the mood you guys "clean the pipes" as we say.

Don't worry about the number of days or a pattern. It's really not a big deal and doesn't seem to affect the sway. The important thing is that one attempt.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your reply!
    Im so glad he can do his thing when he wants and as often ad he wants, just as long as we have one attempt (at first positive OPK).
    Of course Im going to continue doing what I do with the diet.
    I am going to the rehabilitation doctor on Wednesday to talk about exercise, what Im able to do and how to build it up. ( Something went wrong with my epidural 9 months ago that led to my legs not working at all the first couple of weeks and then not working properly untill 6 months postpartum when I could finally walk without a dragging foot again) thank goodness a I am able to walk properly now but I haven’t exercised since giving birth.
    I am still in deliberation with myself if i want to add exercise (just plain walking) to my sway or to just leave it this way as I am finding it hard to take in enough calories as it is...plus I dont know If I would be able to walk an hour 6 days a week straight away (probably not LOL)
    I might be able to swim everyday for 30minutes, but I dont know if that would undermine or help my sway?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by ProudMom90; July 26th, 2020 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh that's awful!!!

I want you to only do what feels right to YOU. We are having good results even with only like 4 days of exercise, but if that is beyond what feels possible, it's ok. Just let that go. I don't want you to try to exercise and then end up injured or so exhausted that you give up on swaying totally!

That having been said, the reason I say to do that level of exercise is not because it's proven, but based on hypothetical reasons. So it very well may be the case that you can do just 30 minutes as long as you're good on diet (eating lower protein and not gaining weight, for instance). I just have higher confidence in the 60 4-7 recommendation, tha'ts all. So for all we know it may be that 30 minutes is enough if you're doing diet too.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok!
    Is it too late to add exercise now if I TTC in september (i think ovulation is around half september)?

Thank you so much for everything!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no it's perfect timing!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast