Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Encouragement and tips needed

Things just don't seem to be going to plan and I'm starting to get discouraged. I'm 36 and was really hoping to have been well on my way to baby #3 by now.

After my miscarriage in April/May I have had 3 attempts to conceive and they have all failed. I have done 1 attempt in my fertile window on positive OPK but it hasn't panned out. With my boys we dtd 2 times in my FW so I'm nervous to try E4D.

I've been exercising and eating well for the last 2 months and I'm just not dropping any weight. I've been sitting around 150-155 lbs and I'm 5'3. When I conceived both of my boys, I was around 125lbs. So not only am I struggling to conceive, I'm also struggling with this extra 25lbs I have never had to deal with before. I will say my BMI has definitely lowered some but overall I'm still overweight. This is the first time in 15 yrs I have felt urged to resort back to a prior eating disorder I had and that concerns me. What am I doing wrong that's preventing me from losing any weight??

Any tips or encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    e4d is NOT 2 attempts. This is because the attempts are far enough out to count as just one attempt. Even in the case of O-3 and O Day, if there is anything left from the O-3 attempt it would have already fertilized the egg before the O Day attempt would have a chance to capacitate and make it to the egg, and if not, then the O Day attempt has a chance. Always one attempt.

e4d while less proven than one attempt actually is getting superior results percentagewise so I really urge you to switch to that now. It may just be an issue of not having had an attempt at the right time.

Can you tell me more about what you're eating?? I have ways to tweak that (effortlessly) to help take the weight off and it will also help your pink sway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    e4d is NOT 2 attempts. This is because the attempts are far enough out to count as just one attempt. Even in the case of O-3 and O Day, if there is anything left from the O-3 attempt it would have already fertilized the egg before the O Day attempt would have a chance to capacitate and make it to the egg, and if not, then the O Day attempt has a chance. Always one attempt.

e4d while less proven than one attempt actually is getting superior results percentagewise so I really urge you to switch to that now. It may just be an issue of not having had an attempt at the right time.

Can you tell me more about what you're eating?? I have ways to tweak that (effortlessly) to help take the weight off and it will also help your pink sway.
    Thanks for clarifying on the E4D! So I believe I am to start that from end of AF to beginning of the next one?

I usually eat breakfast around 8 because I work out at 9:15 5-6 days a week. On the days I do work out, I'll eat an egg and sausage burrito on a low carb tortilla. On the days I don't work out, I'll drink an Atkins breakfast shake with a banana.

For lunch I'll either have a turkey & cheese sandwich on wheat bread w/light mayo and a cup of berries. Or a natural PB sandwich or a cup of pasta salad.

For dinner I usually bake chicken, fish, or beef with a side of roasted veggies. I'm not a huge fan of meat, so I usually have less than a palm sized portion of meat - if that. But I do eat the veggies. Then right after dinner I eat something like the oikos triple zero yogurt cup.

After I put the kiddos to bed at 6:30, I'll have 1-2 white claw drinks. Not every night, but most nights.

I haven't been putting my meals into My fitness Pal so I'm guessing somewhere along the line I'm either not eating enough or I'm eating too much.

Also thought I would add when I workout i burn anywhere from 300-600 calories in a 45-60 min time span. The majority of my workouts are a spin & lift variety, but I use 10lb weights.

I'm happy to learn of any tweaks I can make to shed some pounds and make my sway better!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, if possible. At the least be sure you've gone thru till when you're pretty sure you have ovulated.

I suspect that we might want to fiddle some with portion size, but if you were to add up a sample day to give me a ballpark idea of what your totals are for fat, protein, and calories it would help. I suspect that you are very low in fat and so we would want to shift your macros around to be getting fewer carbs and more fat and I suspect if we did that, the weight would come off. To start with I'd ditch the light mayo for regular and the triple zero yogurt for full fat.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, if possible. At the least be sure you've gone thru till when you're pretty sure you have ovulated.

I suspect that we might want to fiddle some with portion size, but if you were to add up a sample day to give me a ballpark idea of what your totals are for fat, protein, and calories it would help. I suspect that you are very low in fat and so we would want to shift your macros around to be getting fewer carbs and more fat and I suspect if we did that, the weight would come off. To start with I'd ditch the light mayo for regular and the triple zero yogurt for full fat.

Ok here is what I entered into my fit bit app today to track my meals.

20200727_195857.jpg

20200727_195930.jpg

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So you're only eating 1200 cals a day average?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So you're only eating 1200 cals a day average?
    On the days I don't work out, I eat around 1200. On the days I do workout I eat closer to 1600. I workout 5-6 days a week, so I'm only eating the 1200 average 1-2 days a week. However, just looking at one day's worth of my macro break down, I can already see I have probably been too heavy on the carbs and low fat foods.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yep I'd try upping fat to 50-60 g range, keeping protein the same, and seeing what happens. That will in effect cut carbs without having to count them.