Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does girl sway compromise health of sperm/resulting child?

I am 40 years old, no children, and have had 2 losses within the past year. My most recent loss indicated that both my husband and myself have an MTHFR gene mutation. I need to double up on folate in my prenatal and start an aspirin regimen now that we know. We were pregnant with a very-much wanted boy who we found out had severe neural tube defects.

On our next attempt, we are thinking about swaying girl, but want to ask if any of the sway techniques can cause the sperm to not be optimal health. Abstinence, dumping sperm, low-everything diets, hot baths, etc. give me pause.

With our lifestyle, we could try abstinence and one attempt a couple days out from ovulation, but I want to ask if my husband’s sperm would be less fresh/healthy. The most important thing to me is a healthy child. We would only try to sway girl if it can be done without compromising the health of the child we conceive. Any thoughts on swaying techniques with these kinds of concerns?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that.

I had a baby with a neural tube defect and went on to have two healthy pregnancies after with higher dose folic acid (but you need to use folate ALONE due to the MTHFR - and you may even want to limit folic acid in foods)

We do not have men over 35 use abstain. Never have, never will. Abstain doesn't work anyway so most people have completely given up on that.

Dumping sperm is an unusual tactic that few use and it doesn't harm sperm anyway.

Low Everything Diet is for women, not men, and it simply is the lower level of a normal, healthy pre-pregancy diet as suggested by the World Health Organization and the recommendations of reproductive endocrinologists around the world. I would put you on our alternate diet which is even healthier due to your age. It does not have any harmful effects.

Hot bath is a silly, old wives tale type of tactic that I don't think works at all and once men hit 40+ I don't usually suggest it anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, atomic, for your reply. Did you have your baby with the neural tube defect? Is she/he OK?

I will be starting 5mg of L-methyfolate ASAP. I’m
    unsure if I should take an additional prenatal vitamin while trying to conceive, or just do the folate alone. Sounds like you did the folate alone?

Also thinking of buying my husband, who has 2 MTHFR mutations, a vitamin on Amazon called Conception for Men.

How do these supplements influence a sway?

Also anyone have a late loss and started lactating and their hair is shedding a ton? I can’t believe my body is behaving like I had a full-term baby. It’s not pleasant!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, fortunately, his condition was not serious other than chronic constipation and a small deformity of his tailbone and the skin around it.

With my 4th son (the one right afterwards) I took both the folic acid and a prenatal. with my 5th pregnancy I did not take the prenatal and had a girl. Both babies were perfectly healthy, thankfully. I do not recommend prenatals for anyone swaying pink. If you feel you must take them I would take them only 2-3 days per week and then do the folate daily.

If the Conception Men is what I believe it is (by EU Natural) that is not a good product and has harmful ingredients in it, that may make unhealthy sperm and also harm your sway. Please try to find something that has no more than 100% recommended value of most nutrients (taking extra Vit. D is ok up to 1000 IU daily) and doesn't have all those herbs in there. That would

If it's another product please tell me the manufacturer so i can look it up for you and determine if it's safe.

Yes, it's totally normal after a loss to lose a bunch of hair and to have some milk come in. I know it's terrible to have to deal with and I'm so sorry you're having to endure that - but just know that it's to be expected and is not a sign anything is wrong at all.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, EU Natural makes Conception for Men. I took the regular Conception prior to conceiving my last pregnancy and had the neural tube defect. I had a family friend rave about the Conception vitamin, but with the bad outcome and hearing your take on the product, I will stay away!

I don’t know anyone who had a baby with a neural tube defect. I was looking into fetal surgery to repair our son’s defect, but the imaging we had done appeared his defect was more than a little defect (and would likely cause bowel/bladder incontinence) and his brain had a malformation due to the spine being open and tethered. I’m afraid I’ll never know if our baby would have had a good outcome like your son, but I’m amazed to find someone that had this experience.

Did you find out while you were pregnant, and have fetal surgery? I imagine your doctors eased your concerns about his prognosis? If this is too private to ask, no need to give details. Or feel free to direct message me xo

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It wasn't visible on the ultrasound (although we later found that the technician had made a note about the tailbone but no one ever mentioned it.) No one said anything to me till I was changing his diaper in the hospital and saw the little hole in his back and started asking "what is this thing". It was actually quite shocking how lightheartedly they took it, even the pediatrician didn't want to investigate it at all. We were very lucky and had a good outcome without any surgery required, we just have to keep an eye on it so it doesn't get infected.

I am so sorry for your loss and the ordeal you have been through - I hope I'm able to help you get your rainbow baby!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve started my 5mg of L-methylfolate regimen and stopped taking the prenatal vitamin. The folate I’m taking separately has more than enough.

Would you recommend some sort of daily multi vitamin (not a prenatal), like a Women’s one-a-day chewable, to get all the other vitamins (omega 3s, B vitamins, etc)?

Other than the folate, my current daily vitamin regimen includes: probiotic, 2000 IU of vitamin D, and a calcium/magnesium supplement. I also take metformin for very-well controlled PCOS (a low dose).

Anything to tweak?

Thanks!!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on what is more important to you - taking the vitamins or the sway.

The only nutrient I ever recommend prior to BFP is the folate. Some people don't feel comfortable doing that and take an additional vitamin 3x a week or even every day. I can completely understand doing that (indeed, I did it with my 4th boy, the one right after my boy who had the NTD) but I do think it sways blue.

I would def. have you give up the probiotic as we have found them to sway strongly blue and your body doesn't strictly need them for health. Metformin should help your sway.