Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

LE PCOS - not losing weight

Hi! I’m 5’2ish /3 and weigh 128. Ive always had weird cycles- before my first pregnancy I barely got periods. But now I’m regular, just longer cycles - 35 days. So I chose PCOS version. I started the diet about 5 weeks ago and have only lost 2 pounds and now I’ve even gained one, and staying steady. I eat around 1200-1400 calories and stay within the limits. Prior to starting this diet, I was keto so I was eating nowhere close to the amount of carbs I’m eating now. Nothing has helped me lose weight and get sliM like keto has. How can I modify the pcos diet to help me slim down better? I’ve sortof
    Cut out animal protein - occasionally I’ll do a little
    Chicken. I’m wondering if that’s part of the problem
    Too? Anyone experience anything like
    This? Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much protein and fat are you eating on the diet? in terms of grams
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    How much protein and fat are you eating on the diet? in terms of grams
    Protein - 45-55g
    Fat - 45-65g

These are as calculated by MyFitnessPal - which I guess means the protein included is from
    Some fruits as well.
    I’ve also added in the one hour cardio - in home stationary stair stepper

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We want you on 50+ g protein and fat NOT COUNTING any protein and fat in fruits and veg. I suspect you are getting too many carbs. So I'd up protein and fat to 60 g, stop counting the protein and fat in fruit and veg (even if you need to track this on paper rather than an app) but keep cal count the same. This will cut carbs without having to expend any effort on your part.

DO NOT cut out animal protein!! That is not any kind of an issue, and in fact a little chicken can be a good way to get a lot of protein for not too many cals and no carbs at all.

And yes absolutely you need to be on the alternate diet. just want to be absolutely clear that you know that is meant to be done with full fat dairy only, NO SKIM, right?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We want you on 50+ g protein and fat NOT COUNTING any protein and fat in fruits and veg. I suspect you are getting too many carbs. So I'd up protein and fat to 60 g, stop counting the protein and fat in fruit and veg (even if you need to track this on paper rather than an app) but keep cal count the same. This will cut carbs without having to expend any effort on your part.

DO NOT cut out animal protein!! That is not any kind of an issue, and in fact a little chicken can be a good way to get a lot of protein for not too many cals and no carbs at all.

And yes absolutely you need to be on the alternate diet. just want to be absolutely clear that you know that is meant to be done with full fat dairy only, NO SKIM, right?
    Yes! Full fat yogurt and full fat cheese 👍🏻 Also, I mispoke when I said I cut out animal protein. Dairy and eggs counts as animals, right? Lol.

Thanks so much for your feedback! I will make sure to hit 60g protein and fat. Do you think I maybe ovulate so late because I’ve been doing 1200/1300 calories for so long? After reading a lot of your posts, I’m wondering if I need to be on higher Cals. Just worried I won’t lose for a while like that.?

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes absolutely!

While eating low calories can make you ovulate late, what you're describing to me (a history of wonky cycles, trouble losing weight, good results with keto) makes me think you have the opposite problem, you may have some PCOS tendencies and I think we need to keep you on the alternate diet, but we can absolutely up cals by adding in some more protein and fat. I don't want you to move towards adding carbs to up calories, let's see what happens if we have you eating more calories in terms of protein and fat first.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes absolutely!

While eating low calories can make you ovulate late, what you're describing to me (a history of wonky cycles, trouble losing weight, good results with keto) makes me think you have the opposite problem, you may have some PCOS tendencies and I think we need to keep you on the alternate diet, but we can absolutely up cals by adding in some more protein and fat. I don't want you to move towards adding carbs to up calories, let's see what happens if we have you eating more calories in terms of protein and fat first.
    Ok so I did two weeks of 1200/1300 calories hitting the 55-60ish protein and fats and my weight seriously does not move 😭. Is if possible that such low protein just doesn’t work for my body? Or just that macro ratio? Or I’ve read before that yogurt and other foods that we can consider to be “healthy” are inflammatory in certain people’s bodies and don’t allow for weight loss? Any other tips or tricks? Have I just been on 1200/1300 calories for so long that my body is just used to that?
    Would love to hear anyone’s thoughts/similar experiences! Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let's up protein and fat to 65 g and keep cals the same. Then if that doesn't work, we'll go to 70 g, then 75. Eventually we'll find the sweet spot where weight comes off. This is no big deal, some people just have to have fewer carbs.

yes, having been on low cals a long time can def. mess with your metabolism some but this is not insurmountable I promise.

things like "inflammatory foods preventing weight loss" are largely voodoo but if you'd like to change over to cheese instead that's fine. But please don't drop the full fat dairy.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let's up protein and fat to 65 g and keep cals the same. Then if that doesn't work, we'll go to 70 g, then 75. Eventually we'll find the sweet spot where weight comes off. This is no big deal, some people just have to have fewer carbs.

yes, having been on low cals a long time can def. mess with your metabolism some but this is not insurmountable I promise.

things like "inflammatory foods preventing weight loss" are largely voodoo but if you'd like to change over to cheese instead that's fine. But please don't drop the full fat dairy.

Okay, thanks!! 🙏🏻 No, I’ll stick with the yogurt

I was going to try for the first time in 2/3 weeks (it’ll be 12 weeks on diet, but who knows if I’ll have lost any more weight by then yet) - should I hold off until the weight is coming off?

Also, since I’m lowering the carbs, is there a preferred type of carb to
    Make sure I fit in? Like I know on the list it’s 2 fruits / 1-2 whole grain carb servings. Should I make sure to fit in certain amount of fruit vs whole grain or like sweet potato ?

Do you think having one meal “off-plan” a week is messing me up? Like if I go out to dinner Once a week and have regular pasta (not a huge amount - small serving)?

Thanks!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How do you feel about waiting??

My gut instinct is for you to wait. I don't usually do this but I feel you may be fairly insulin resistant and may need more time for that to correct (in terms of lower blood sugar and testosterone) and I'd rather see you take a month now rather than risk jeopardizing your sway outcome.

Don't get worked up about the list, just eat what you want (from the good carbs I mean). That list is more for the people who just can't stick in the limits.

One off-diet meal a week is fine.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast