Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I try Femara?

So I swayed in April with Clomid. Didn't get pregnant. I had enough for a couple cycles (i got it online). Took a few months off and tried again last month (July) with the clomid and again didn't get pregnant. I'm 39 so I'm at the end of when you should use it anyway. I was going to try without this month and got my pos ov test tonight, but my husband had to go away for work unexpectantly. He won't be back till late Wed/ early Thurs so this month is out. I hoped having the clomid last month might have given a little bit of help to this month too. But now that doesn't matter. UGH! I haven't been doing good on diet and exercise so at least I'll have another month to get better with that. So for next month I was thinking of trying Femara if I can find it online. I'll be 40 next month. Hubby is not going to be on board for ttc much longer. Do I try the Femara and hope it doesn't mess me up? Try without anything? I don't know what to do. And I feel like if I try it and don't get pregnant again I'll think it's the Femara. And if I don't use it and get a boy I'll wish I had. Then again, my only daughter was conceived in October. Someone tell me what to do!!! LOL Also, do you take Femara the same was as clomid? 5 days starting at around cd3?
    Homeschooling, baby wearing, special needs mama to:

DD1 2002
    DS1 2003
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2012
    DS4 2019

Last baby due June 2021! It's a girl!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, it might have helped this time through.

As crazy as it sounds, I think you guys should attempt when he gets back. Yes, it's a longshot, but people do experience delayed ovulation when swaying sometimes. I just don't want you to assume you're 100% out for the month when that may not be the case.

Your other questions unfortunately fall into the "crystal ball realm" LOL where I just can't know what is best. Femara may help your sway, true, but it's seemed to cut odds of conception for some people too. Obviously not most people (or I wouldn't recommend it) but it is something I keep in my mind. I would probably just flip a coin and do what the coin says, as much of a counterintuitive thing for us boy moms that is.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay thanks atomic! I will try to have an attempt when he gets home. One more question.... Do you think the limits on fat and protein matter for each day or an average for the week... for instance, today I've hit my fat and calorie goals, but my protein is low. If I go over on protein tomorrow, as long as it averages out for the week, is that what matters? Or stop overthinking and just start over each day? Lol

DD1 2002
    DS1 2003
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2012
    DS4 2019

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They matter for every day but if you get off track (low or high) occasionally it's ok.

The reason I say this is because we have had several people who would starve themselves all week so they could "buy" eating whatever they wanted on the weekend. They did indeed delay and even stop ovulation even though the week's average was ok, and then additionally, they caused their body to go into starvation mode so it was saving up calories and any nutrients when they were eating a lot. It's bad on both fronts. So overall try to stick ot the diet day in and out.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah that makes sense. Thank you! So we had an attempt when my husband got home. It was like 3am technically Thursday. But my pos opk was about midnight Monday night. So if I took a full 48 hours to ovulate you never know! Thanks for your help!

DD1 2002
    DS1 2003
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2012
    DS4 2019

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GREAT!! I'm so glad you did that. A lot of people have kinda poo-poohed me on that only to end up having their period come like 17 days after their first positive, and if only, you know?? Good luck and pink dust headed your way!