Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is this a positive??

We were planning to BD on Tuesday or Wednesday this week (our first attempt at TTC our girl) which would be 3 or 4 days before my usual ovulation of CD19. Ive just done this and it looks positive to me so wondering if we should just BD tonight instead?? TMI but I don’t have any of the normal EWCM this month, could that be the change in diet or would that mean I’m too far from O for conception?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it could be a positive or it could be a faker. Have attempt now and then another one in 72 hours to cover in case your O comes later.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve never heard of a faker but I did 2 more tests yesterday and they were both much weaker lines so I think this is my first faker!! I’ll continue with the plan to BD on CD 16. feeling very excited and nervous! Thank you for this great forum, it’s a god send!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can gear up to ovulate and then your body "decides" not to at the last minute. So you can have symptoms of O (or not) and even a positive OPK and then ovulation just doesn't happen.

Happy to help!

5. Thanks *Pinkdust* thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Today is CD16 and was going to be our one attempt in the fertile window. This is my test from CD18 last month. Do you think our chance our conception is high enough BD tonight or should I wait till tomorrow night? My DH is absolutely hanging out for this one attempt after abstaining all month so don’t want to disappoint him but also really want to ensure we have the best possible chance of conceiving our baby girl

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My test today is completely negative btw. Any advice on when to BD would be greatly appreciated!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    this came through later at night for me, sorry I'm only just now seeing it. When in doubt, PLEASE have attempt. Do not wait for me to see your post!

Have an attempt right away. Then have another one in 72 hours. Then if you're still not sure if O has happened, in another 72 hours, till you're sure if O has happened.

If you have an attempt now and don't O till CD 19 that might not be very high chances of conception. But if you're now like CD 17 or whatever and have attempt then you'll have a better chance. It's just that we can't know if you'll O the same day or not.

9. Likes *Pinkdust* liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic. We did have an attempt but did the J&D and shallow (sperm at the entrance, tmi?!) so I’m hoping some will manage to swim up even though there’s no EWCM!! I thought it was only one attempt in the fertile window for girl? I know with both my boys we would have had many attempts so I’m afraid if we go again in 72 hrs that will ruin my chances of a girl?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shallow release has never been shown to help and is one thing I have found really cuts odds of conception. I have had SO many people who just were not getting pregnant even as I pulled out every weapon in my bag of tricks, and then I found out they were still doing shallow release!! I had them drop that and they got pregnant right away.

So it's fine you did that this month but it's something to consider dropping before adding attempts that's for sure.

every 72 hours is STILL one attempt. It is not the same at all as having multiple attempts in the fertile window. Every 72 hours ends up being O-3 and O Day, O-4/O-1 (O-4 has practically zero chance of conception), or O-5 and O-2 (and again, O-5 has even less chance of pregnancy). In the "worst case" scenario of O-3 and O Day, if there was anything left from the O-3 attempt, it would have already fertilzed the egg by the time the O Day shot could capacitate and make it to the egg, and if not, then the O Day shot will have a chance. Still one attempt!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic, for this month should we just leave it at the one shallow attempt and next month wait for the positive OPK and drop the shallow? I’ve only been doing LE for about 5/6 weeks so I guess an extra month will actually be beneficial for our sway (even though less ideal timing wise for baby’s arrival if we are lucky enough to conceive).. or do we go again on Saturday which would be 72 hrs later? Is that anymore likely to result in a boy than if we’d only had sex once? I thought it had something to do with unprotected sex changing the environment inside or something like that?? So grateful to have you to ask all these questions spinning around in my head to! Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast