Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I should add I’m consuming pretty much the same as I did with my last successful girl sway except I’m going the whole grain bagel and brown rice instead of a white bread bagel and white rice. Atomic recommended the PCOS LE diet this time round for me.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking of doing the same since I told her i suspected i might have pcos and she recommended it to me. But I've succeeded 2 years ago losing weight after my first son eating a lot of carbs so w'll see how I do the first week or 2 on the white rice etc and if I need to I'll switch to whole grains.

So it looks like you are totally staying away from meat, right? I think I could do it short term with a chicken cheat here and there if needed. I see you are getting your protein from yogurts and cheeses? I've heard about a lot of successful girl swayers eating yogurt but I'm wary of all the "good stuff" in it swaying boy. Ugh....why does girl sway diet have to be so difficult?
    Mama to two gorgeous boys Teddy 2017 and Jack 2019

Praying for a baby girl to bless our family in 2021

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found it to be a huge adjustment my first sway. This time round is so much easier for me, I think I never went back to a full boy diet after my daughter so I’m not struggling as much this time.

I’ve been pescatarian for 20 years so eating vegetarian isn’t a big stretch for me. I probably eat some prawns once a fortnight but that’s about it. Yes definitely getting most of my protein from dairy which is what I did last time and it worked for me so I’m happy to go that way again.

I have dropped all my vitamins, supplements, protein products etc. so I’m not too worried about the “good stuff” in yoghurt.

You’ll get the hang of it. Even if it takes you the first month to adjust to less chicken etc. it will get much easier, the beginning is always challenging because you’re changing lifelong eating patterns.

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also I was thinking, protein keeps you fuller for longer so you’ll find it easier to eat the 1500 or so calories if you have less chicken because you’ll get hungrier. I could be wrong but I know friends that have tried to go vegetarian saying they couldn’t sustain it because they were hungry all the time. Food for thought.. no pun intended haha!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the protein in rice counts.

You need to eat more fat and then add in things like fruit and higher carb veg that will help you get some cals without adding protein.

this is the trouble with focusing on meat. You will go over on protein and have not consumed many cals at all. meat is fairly low in cals and high in protein so it's easy to hit the protein limit and have eaten only a few hundred calories.

so let's also up protein to at least 70 g for now and then you'll be able to fit in the limits.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post
    Hi Jax, I count everything incl. protein in rice. At first glance what I’d say you’re doing wrong is eating chicken. True LE is vegetarian, your protein will be much lower if you don’t eat meat.
    That's not exactly true. All foods are allowed on LE Diet. It's just that when you eat meat you'll quickly go over on protein and then have not eaten that many calories. So for some people who really need a more protein-rich diet we will up protein to 50-60 g or even more . Others can get by with less.

11. Likes Flowergirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jax006 View Post
    How many calories are you consuming? I get so full eating 1000 calories in two meals since I normally dont eat refined carbs.
    Go to three meals and you should not be eating refined carbs. whole grains, fruit, and veg only for you since you have trouble with weight gain on a higher carb diet.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post
    I’m quite relaxed about my sway this time round so don’t track every day but I’m eating between 1500-1800 cals, 40g fat & 60g protein a day.

A typical day for me is:

7am coffee with almond milk & aspartame sweetener

11am whole grain bagel with butter & low sugar strawberry jam, 1 pear and 1 full fat Greek yoghurt

2pm a vegetarian salad/roast veg with sprinkle of feta or vegetable or lentil soup with 1 piece of toast & butter

Afternoon: Diet Coke

7pm: low carb vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, cauliflower, mushrooms) cooked in tinned crushed tomatoes with a cup of brown rice and topped with Parmesan cheese followed by a pear and full fat Greek yoghurt and a dollop of whipped cream!
    remember flower if you're on the alternate diet you'll want 50-60 g fat

14. Likes Flowergirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jax006 View Post
    I was thinking of doing the same since I told her i suspected i might have pcos and she recommended it to me. But I've succeeded 2 years ago losing weight after my first son eating a lot of carbs so w'll see how I do the first week or 2 on the white rice etc and if I need to I'll switch to whole grains.

So it looks like you are totally staying away from meat, right? I think I could do it short term with a chicken cheat here and there if needed. I see you are getting your protein from yogurts and cheeses? I've heard about a lot of successful girl swayers eating yogurt but I'm wary of all the "good stuff" in it swaying boy. Ugh....why does girl sway diet have to be so difficult?
    You need the whole grains. Regardless of whether or not you have lost weight in the past without them, given what you've told me about your trouble shifting weight on higher carb intake you need the whole grains.

jax, PLEASE just up protein totals and eat more meat. The rules have to be different for you than for other people. but do be sure you're getting in the 50-60 g fat and having whole grains as well.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You need the whole grains. Regardless of whether or not you have lost weight in the past without them, given what you've told me about your trouble shifting weight on higher carb intake you need the whole grains.

jax, PLEASE just up protein totals and eat more meat. The rules have to be different for you than for other people. but do be sure you're getting in the 50-60 g fat and having whole grains as well.
    Thanks Atomic I'll go ahead and make the necessary adjustments. Can I confirm a few things with you....
    What are your thoughts on yogurt? Greek yogurt? I feel that would be a good way for me to get in fat and protein especially if I'm wanting to slowly eliminate meat. I'm just worried about all the "good stuff" in greek yogurt?

Thoughts on whole milk? I love milk but I'm wondering again if it's too nutrient dense for LE diet?

And I believe I've seen your post regarding sodium that it dosen't sway, correct? As long as we stick to under 2300mg I should be okay? I love savory foods and if I'm going to be eating a lot of rice dishes I would like to jazz it up with some sauces. Thoughts?
    Mama to two gorgeous boys Teddy 2017 and Jack 2019

Praying for a baby girl to bless our family in 2021

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast