Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

PCOS diet ladies

If you eat plain greek yogurt what do you put in it? I ate it a lot when I conceived my 2nd boy but I always put honey on it which I'm avoiding due to the sugar.

What foods do you eat to bump up calories but not rack up more protein and fats?

I've read over the PCOS diet threads but if anyone wants to give some daily food intake ideas I'd appreciate them. I'm probably making this diet harder than I should but I think it will work well for me. Its basically the opposite of how I ate with any of my boys.
    swaying for in 2021

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm following -- I also need to up my calories but not fat or protein! Currently I hit my fat and protein limits on a daily basis, but can't seem to even come close to my carb limits, even with eating whole grain pasta and rice for dinner, as well as other things I consider "carby."

To up my limits I've been trying to eat a couple slices of whole grain toast with lunch, or whole grain crackers. And fruit could also be a good answer--I've found on the days that I eat plenty of fruit I have an easier time hitting my carb limits. Let me know if you come up with a solution!
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021
    Trying for a daughter 2023

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In the mornings I have a smoothie with strawberries, a banana, a 100mg greek yogurt pot, and around 150mls of no added sugar flavoured water or almond milk. I usually have a second 100mg greek yogurt pot with berries or a few nuts after my 2nd meal😊 I eat other stuff for my meals but this is what I do with my yogurt

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Racey hoping pink View Post
    In the mornings I have a smoothie with strawberries, a banana, a 100mg greek yogurt pot, and around 150mls of no added sugar flavoured water or almond milk. I usually have a second 100mg greek yogurt pot with berries or a few nuts after my 2nd meal�� I eat other stuff for my meals but this is what I do with my yogurt
    I'm going to buy some yogurt at the store today but I'm still struggling to up calories without eating too much protein. Eating cleaner and less carbs is so many less calories! Thanks for the tip.
    swaying for in 2021

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Diet gets easier as you go. So second nature to me now as I have the lunch stuff always in my cupboard - sometimes I do cheat but I enjoy it all the more.

Suggestions for lunch (I make smaller portions to fit in with the portions of lunch):

Whole grain pasta with a tomato based pesto sauce (I buy the Mutti brand as it’s not as nut and oil dense)

Whole grain wraps used as pizza bases

Lots of roasted veges with haloumi and lemon

Whole grain lasagna sheets with ricotta and spinach and marina sauce (must be sugar free)

Whole grain toast with tomato salt and pepper and butter (actually so yum). Or peanut butter.

Corn thins with cream cheese and tomato (so easy and yum)

Roasted potato or sweet potato with yoghurt, fake bacon seasoning, chives and cheese and a bit of garlic butter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDashwood View Post
    Diet gets easier as you go. So second nature to me now as I have the lunch stuff always in my cupboard - sometimes I do cheat but I enjoy it all the more.

Suggestions for lunch (I make smaller portions to fit in with the portions of lunch):

Whole grain pasta with a tomato based pesto sauce (I buy the Mutti brand as it’s not as nut and oil dense)

Whole grain wraps used as pizza bases

Lots of roasted veges with haloumi and lemon

Whole grain lasagna sheets with ricotta and spinach and marina sauce (must be sugar free)

Whole grain toast with tomato salt and pepper and butter (actually so yum). Or peanut butter.

Corn thins with cream cheese and tomato (so easy and yum)

Roasted potato or sweet potato with yoghurt, fake bacon seasoning, chives and cheese and a bit of garlic butter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great ideas. Thank you!
    swaying for in 2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The unsatisfying answer is, it depends. If you have severe PCOS you'd want to completely avoid sugar/honey, but if you are only on the diet preventatively, just in case, you can get by with minimal amounts of sugar so you might want to stick with honey, just less of it. Or, you could do something like fruit instead, which is still somewhat sweet, but typically better tolerated than sweet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The unsatisfying answer is, it depends. If you have severe PCOS you'd want to completely avoid sugar/honey, but if you are only on the diet preventatively, just in case, you can get by with minimal amounts of sugar so you might want to stick with honey, just less of it. Or, you could do something like fruit instead, which is still somewhat sweet, but typically better tolerated than sweet.
    Thanks Atomic! I am on the diet due to my BMI but honestly it makes sense to me because I've always struggled losing weight. Plus i ate tons of sweets when I conceived my 3 boys. Very typical boy diet. I'm trying to have no added sweets and so far it's going great and it's made getting an hour of cardio in much easier.
    swaying for in 2021

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great!! Keep up the good work, but if you need the honey in the yogurt that's a pretty minor thing really if it's your only sugar.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone have suggestions for how to get more carbs in? I feel like I'm eating more carbs than I have in years and years, but they don't seem to add up. I'm also not always maxing out my protein and fat intakes. I just feel like all the unprocessed, healthy foods I'm eating fill me up but don't add much calorie-wise (I think on average I'm eating 1100 calories, which seems WAY too low. Though granted, I am still running for an hour a day and have only lost a very small amount of weight (about .5 lbs over the course of three months of this lifestyle), so maybe it's all I need? I am pretty petite -- 5' 4", and 106 lbs).

A typical day looks like:

Breakfast (at 11 am)- some fruit, a big scoop of hummus, a big handful of whole wheat crackers, a couple tablespoons of whole fat yogurt or goat cheese (I can't do too much yogurt or milk or my lactose intolerance kicks in), and some carrots, half a green pepper and/or raw broccoli. Also, a cup of coffee with a few tablespoons of half n half.

Lunch (at 3 p.m.)- toast with cream cheese, under a heaping pile of black beans, tomatoes, and a big handful of spinach

Dinner (at 6 or 7 p.m.) - This varies a lot, but some common dinners are whole grain pita pockets with falafel, spinach, and a yogurt sauce, whole wheat pasta with "loaded tomato sauce" (e.g. we add a ton of mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, etc), or a veggie and tofu stir fry over brown rice.

I always eat my fill and especially at dinner eat multiple servings. Any tips or thoughts? Could it be that the calorie counter I'm using is wrong? We also don't really eat sugar at all. It's been months since I've any sweets, and not because of our sway, just because neither of us has a sweet tooth. Could adding in a little sugar (maybe honey or molasses in my coffee??) be a good way to up my carbs?

Thanks for any and all help!
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021
    Trying for a daughter 2023

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast