Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It is possible that you ovulated later than you think and that this is a new pregnancy that hasn't shown up on tests yet. It is also possible that it's a chemical. But, it's ALSO possible that you still haven't ovulated yet and your symptoms are from a hormonally "weird" month (and it's even possible that you HAVE ovulated and it's still just a weird month)

Because progesterone rises post ovulation, sometimes, in some months, especially when something is hormonally different (like when you're on a sway diet) you may notice more intense symptoms in the 2WW even when not pregnant. I know this is hard to believe but because both the luteal phase and pregnancy = higher progesterone you can have an overlap of symptoms. I myself have gotten nauseous to the brink of throwing up in a couple months after O, even when there was no way I could have been pregnant.

So while I know this is an irritating non-answer, the truth is, we don't know what's going on, there are several possibilities, and we can't tell for now which one is the real deal. Most likely case scenario you're going to get a proper flow in a day or two and then we can think back to about 14 days earlier and that's likely when ovulation occurred.
    Thanks for the thorough response! My symptoms have pretty much gone away, but I still haven't had AF and all spotting has now stopped. It was never a significant amount of spotting. Also, another negative test today so I'm just going to say this is not a pregnancy.

So I guess my next questions would be: do I consider myself still on CD31 and continue carrying on? If I never have a proper flow, should I start DTD E4D now or how do I know when to start up again? Or is this something I should see a doctor for? I'm usually very regular so I'm a little worried why the sudden weird cycle.

Edited to add: finally got AF today(sat) after 31 days. Never has that happened before!
    Last edited by lastchance4pink; September 19th, 2020 at 01:10 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep going with the e4d method for now. We don't know that this was your period.

Most of the time the doctor will shrug and tell you to wait it out. It is completely in the realm of normal to have a goofy cycle now and then and docs see it all the time, then it generally normalizes.

Are you eating enough fat and cals??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been eating between 1500-1800 calories a day. I keep my fat intake between 40g-60g as I exercise a lot.

I've been thinking this weird cycle could have been caused by 1 of 2 things...

So I hadn't lost any weight from Dec through early August. I was stuck right around 150-153lbs. In early August I started doing 2 additional 45m-1hr cardio workouts per week and cut off any eating beyond 7pm. So in 6 weeks I was able to drop down to 144 lbs. Would you consider that drastic weight loss and could that have delayed my period? *if this is even my period

Also I've been reading a little more about chemical pregnancies and also think this could be a possibility. I don't think there is any way of knowing at this point, but if I were to assume it were this, do CPs sway boy or girl or nothing at all? I just want to cover all my bases and don't want to do anything that is not girl friendly.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How tall are you?

6 weeks to lose 10 lbs is not what I consider drastic weight loss for most people, but if you're quite tall than it may have been.

But the thing is, exercise doesn't delay your PERIOD. It only delays ovulation. So you still would not have ovulated. It just can't be the case that you ovulated and then had your period take a while to come. You'd have to have not ovulated, either.

This does not seem like a chemical pregnancy to me. With chemicals, you'd still have a normal flow afterwards. What it sounds like to me is delayed ovulation, then you had a slight drop in estrogen, shed a bit of lining, but the cycle is still continuing. You can still ovulate even if you've had a bit of midcycle spotting, so I would continue with the e4d pattern.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 5'3 so definitely not tall at all. I guess for me it felt drastic because I struggled for 7 months to lose even a pound. Lol.

We will continue trying this month and hope for our BFP soon. Thanks again for the input!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are still what should be good range for continuing ovulation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12