Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

info about antihistimines for uk ladies :)

So im in the uk and was abit confused with which benadryl to take.the only benadryl I can find (there are 2 diff ones) one is cetrizine hydrochloride - same as zyrtec which in the uk is zirtek.
    The other is acrivastine ? So from what I've found out from a pharmacist today there isn't a benadryl product in the uk which is dipenhydramine( the one we want) are you following .
    Dipenhydramine in the uk is a sleeping tablet named sleep aid.it's sold in asda pharmacy.I'm not sure if to take it or not but the zirtek doesn't seem to be having any effect on me this cycle.but with young children to look after I don't want to be feeling sleepy.anyway I thought somebody might find this info helpful

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I took Actifed during our first TTC cycle - it's safer when BF

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I know it's confusing and I need to do better about clarifying.

Zyrtec in the US (so what I mean when I say Zyrtec) IS cetirizine. I think it is called Benadryl in the UK.

Benadryl in the US (and what I mean when I say Zyrtec) is diphenhydramine. It is sold as a sleep aid in the UK because it makes you really groggy.

The cetirizine will be working for you even if you don't realize it (you REALLY would have been making a lot of CM otehrwise!) but you may also take diphenhydramine 1-2 hours before your attempt if you would like. They act on different parts of the body and are safe to be taken together (as long as you are sane about it - don't overdo.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you rainbow and atomic I decided to try the dipenhydramine last night before bed and wow it works lol.dry dry dry this morning.I took a cetrizine this morning.I'm going to use cetrizine every morning and a dipenhydramine every night until O-1.is this ok.also atomic how bad would it be to leave rephresh out of my sway even though we will be having daily attempts from O-3 to O+1 but use antihistimine.or could squeeze some rephresh out of the applicator and use a finger of rephresh daily( or is this pointless)?.I'm just worried to use a full apps of rephresh and antihistamines because I did that last cycle and BFN.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What CD are you (sorry I can't keep track of everyone)? You only need to do antihistamines for 5 days prior to O day or whenever you have EWCM, whichever is longer.

Using a fingertip of RepHresh + antihistamines is just fine, or cutting out RepHresh all together is ok too. The downside is that when you BD more than one time your pH may go up becos of semen but I personally don't put much worry into that (having conceived what was prob. twin boys with pH of 4.5!!)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm CD 12 and the past 3 cycles O has been CD 17.I started the cetrizine the very 1st day I had watery CM(this is as fertile as my CM gets) so I think I'm going to carry on with the anti Hs daily until CD 15 and use a finger of rephresh daily.attempts will be in the mornings so should I use the rephresh when I go to bed the night before or because I'm only using a small amount then like an hour before each attempt.? Thank you so much for your help

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    do it before bed the night before.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I took Zyrtek in the mornings and Sleep Aid at night
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just an uPdate.I carried on with the above Plan and my CM was barely there.yesterday CD 13 I had a string urge to POAS so I did and very + OPK.then really strong O pains checked CP and SHOW I couldn't believe it. I have Od 4 days early than my past 4 cycles and the earliest i have ever Od.I'm going to take his as a good thing and diet wise I've been so good so I'm giving myself a big pat on the back for that lol.my concerns are DH has done FR from CD 6 only which would of been great if I had Od CD 17.so we know wot the plan was but in reality this is what our attempt was.

Daily release from CD 6 for DH
    BD O-2 O-1 O day and O+1
    cetrizine daily from CD 9
    Diphenhydramine the night of CD 11 and CD 12
    Strict LE diet( probably cut back abit too far) weight is down to 117 Lbs- 9 pounds weight loss whilst on the LE diet.
    No breakfast atall
    No big Os lol
    Vitex 1 morning 1 evening from AF
    Saw palmetto daily from AF
    Baby aspirin every 3 days
    Chitosan before every meal
    So after all the trying to decide between rephresh an antihistamines the decision wa made for me.I was trying the antihistamines which worked really well together for me.was going to use a finger tip of rephresh every attempt day from CD 14 through O but that wasn't meant to be.I've OD now and our attempt is what it is.I'm actually really happy it's worked out this way because it's taken alot of the stress away from doing OPKs,deciding when to BD,using rephresh and all the stress and questions that would of came with it.not to mention my T levels.I think the way this has worked out is definitely better all round.just goes to show how no matter how much you plan.your body has the final say

Just hoping and praying we have done enough Fx