Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

First time question! TTC a girl after 3 boys.

Hello! I've been lurking for months now, and have a question. I'm on CD 10 and just got my LH peak. We had sex yesterday, but I used a pH balancing suppository before, so I'm not sure if that attempt could possibly work. Should we have a second attempt tonight/tomorrow, or would that throw off the "one attempt" aspect of the sway?

For some background, I've been doing LE diet since June, I was doing cardio daily but recently dropped it because I'm so tired lately. I've lost 17 pounds. This is my third month off the pill. I've also been taking folic acid daily, and vitex (af-o). I'm 28, my husband is 34. We have three boys, ages 4, 4 (fraternal twins), and 3.

Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome out of lurkdom!

An attempt CD 9 will likely have pretty slim chances, but it's really your call to make. For best chance of pink, stick with attempt you've had, for best odds of conception, add an attempt.

What is your BMI?

It is probably time to let vitex go.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My bmi is at 23.5, down from 26.1 when I started LE in June.

I should also add that last month (month #2) we attempted on CD9 and I apparently ovulated early on CD11. That was the only attempt in fertile window.

Definitely looks like my peak was yesterday (CD10), which means I ovulate(d) today, right?

Thanks for your reply!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the thing with peaks is that they can be false positive or they can come even 48-72 hours before you O. so while the average is that yes, you've ovulated, I can't say that with 100% certainty.

I would very much urge you to pick up the cardio again. Let's try adding in iron 30-60 mg 3x a week to see if it helps with fatigue. If it does seem to help, try taking it daily for 6 weeks. If it doesn't seem to do anything, just keep on with 3x a week.

When is your period coming in relation to these positive OPK?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My period (at least last month) was day 25, so 14 dpo (according to the lh testing). The first month off BC my cycle was 29 days with LH peak on day 13.

I'll try to start the cardio back up. I'd been doing a combination of under-the-desk bike peddler and jumping jacks (because the peddling alone didn't seem to make my heart rate increase very much, according to my watch). I prefer walking, but its starting to get dark too early now.

I'll add the iron in. I also had to take it when I was pregnant with the twins.

I did end up with another attempt last night, because looking back at the last two months, I saw that I was consistently (unintentionally) giving myself a two day cutoff (every 4 day pattern).

I do wonder if month three will be the lucky month, because that's how long it took off the pill with my other two pregnancies!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok that's very helpful, that means that your LP is probably somewhat normal and you Oed at that point give or take a day, most likely. But do keep in mind that you may not be Oing QUITE the day you think, it may be the day before or day after, it's really tough to pin down to the day.

I would probably have you continue e4d another month or two but that's your call toi make.

Take off your watch and do not monitor your heart rate. That's the kind of "control freak" stuff that may sway blue. Just do SOMETHING for an hour, doesn't matter what your heart rate is at all.

FXFXFX that Month Three is it!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I should've probably stuck with every 4. Next month if I don't get a positive I'm going to arrange for an attempt on day 11 and count back from there to decide when to start e4d (instead of just winging it lol).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me explain why that isn't as good an idea as it seems like.

Not only does ovulation change from month to month, it is also true that some months we may have better luck on a different cycle day than another. Even if across the average population, most people have a great shot O-1, for example, what if THAT month you would have had a better chance O-2 or O Day? When people continually try a certain cycle day and base their e4d around that one day, they're still going to be subject to one of the weaknesses of the one attempt - that you might be having the one attempt on the wrong day! The e4d introduces an element of luck, and while I know that luck feels scary to those of us who are control-freak boy moms, it is a necessity to let go of that control not only to prevent trying for months on a day you just personally dont' have a good shot (regardless of what the averages are) and also because it's good for pink sways to let GO of that control!!

So please, just start having attempts every 4 days (in the "Monday/Thursday" or every 72 hour pattern, whatever is easier for you to understand, it's the exact same thing just one way is easier for people to understand than the other sometimes) after your period ends. Don't try to set it up to have the attempts fall a certain day, don't even THINK about the days, just e4d right on thru and even beyond O.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, that makes sense. Clearly I have control issues (in a normal/healthy way, at least in my opinion ).

In a weird way I hope it doesn't work this month, because I feel like I made too many mistakes. But I at least have the diet going for my sway, that's been fairly consistent and WAY different from my diet before my previous pregnancies.

Thank you for your input!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It IS normal and healthy and enables us to function quite well in the world, it's just that it also often ends up with us having more boys!

Agree about the diet - whenever you've changed your diet from what it was (both recently and when you got boys) that's only going to help your sway.

12. Likes cozygirl liked this post