Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Coffee - now freaking out?

Hi Atomic

I have started this post as I have read a post that suggests having a latte in the morning is like having breakfast. I’m now freaking out as that’s all I have been drinking. I wasn’t a big coffee fan(always tea with lots of sugar) but switched to a latte with sweetener instead.

I am hoping Iv not ruined my sway I always have my coffee around 9.30am and my last meal is between 6pm+8pm.

My past 2 cycles have been so irregular for me, last month was 39 days and this month 27. Im always around 32-35day cycle. Straight after ovulation the past 2 cycles Iv been having brown discharge (sorry TMI) almost every second day until my period. This was with 1 attempt but I am considering every 72hrs next cycle. My body is messed up right now and not sure if this will go for or against me with my sway.

I don’t want to be too OCD with it all either m as I have been quite relaxed about it all.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much milk are you putting in the latte?

What is your BMI? How much are you eating in terms of calories, protein, and fat??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for the reply. So I’m having a medium latte from McDonalds each morning. It’s 100% organic semi skimmed milk. 145 calories and 3.2g of saturated fat.

Iv not been counting fats and protein as it was starting to stress me out so I have been making sure I’m eating below the calories. Around 1500-1700 each day.

My BMI is 19.1, so I’m not sure if it’s my diet thats causing me problems. My periods the past 2 months have been strange and this month they have been stop and start throughout? When reading up I seem to have symptoms of a hormonal imbalance with acne all over the top of my back etc. I might just be reading into things as I do but I’m hoping this wouldn’t ruin anything or have to change anything within my sway? I have roughly 2 weeks until my next attempt.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That would definitely count as a meal, but it's not the end of the world or anything.

The start and stop period is def. not normal. I think you need to see a doctor to get your hormone levels checked so we can see what is actually going on here. This is one of those times where I can't accurately guide you without more information because what you're describing could be being caused by PCOS-tendencies OR from being too thin and not eating enough fat, and the solution for one is the opposite of the solution for the other.

How much fat are you eating?

DO NOT lose any more weight.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh god would it. I will wait until later in the day then before having a coffee moving forward.

To be honest I haven’t been counting fats it’s only been the past 2 months my periods have been very weird. They have been normal from March. I always have acne on the top part of my back. This comes just before ovulation time and usually clears up just after. I have had this for a few years now.

I won’t loose anymore weight than what I have done. I have lost 8lbs since my starting weight so I’m stuck at 8st6 - 8st8. I was probably around this weight when conceiving my boys, although I was probably more muscle.

If it’s a case of PCOS which I will get onto my doctor this week coming, is there anything else I need to do to change? Should I hault at trying.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, anything that raises your blood sugar and fills your stomach for a while acts as a meal. Because milk has lactose (milk sugar) it will raise your blood sugar, and because there's enough milk to give you a fair amount of protein and fat, your blood sugar will stay up for a while after you have it.

Please count fats. We need to know how much you're getting. Do not count the minimal amounts of fat in protein and vegetables. if you were to just add up a single sample day that would really help me to be able to better diagnose what is happening.

I need your BMI rather than how many stone, sorry. Weight would matter differently for someone who is 5 ft. tall vs. 6 feet.

My gut instinct is that you have cut back too far. I seriously doubt this is PCO-related. I just have to take into account that it COULD be. But I need more info so I can tell you how to proceed.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much. I will track everything moving forward so I know.

I have an appointment with my doctor this week to discuss everything. My period has lasted 8 days now but since day 4 it’s been very light which is what I described as stop and start. It’s usually days at a steady pace and then stops. Since then it’s been a lot of discharge with blood? Some days it’s brown then pink and changes. I have slight cramps so i have no idea what could be causing this.
    When I google things it’s leading me to the worst case scenario.

Our family recently had a bereavement in the family the day I was to ovulate. To be honest I hardly ate the week after it so I’m not sure if this is all having a side affect or maybe there is something else there underlying.

Hopefully I can get to the bottom of it and thank you so much I really appreciate the help.

8. Thanks Lulila thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please don't Google stuff like this, there is no worst case scenario to be fearful of here. This is almost certainly caused by the stress of the bereavement and the lack of food, plus overall swaying. I would not jump to any conclusions but we do need more info from your doctor.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic

So I have spoke with my doctor today who has said it sounds like my body is trying to get back to normal from stopping my contraception in July. This could take a few months? She is sending me for my cervical screening ( which I’m overdue), but said not to worry it’s nothing like this it’s just to check for anything else during this.
    Am I okay to try again just after this? I was due to ovulate 4 days after I have it done? Again I’m not sure with everything off in my body but I wanted to double check.

Iv started to count everything now just to make sure I’m not overstaying which is causing all of this.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that could be but we're getting kind of far out from that. I would hope that they'd want to do a blood test at some point.

yes the cervical screening would just be for preventative measures, this type of spotting would be more likely to be hormone related not from the cervix!

Yes, I'd still try.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast