Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sharing my thoughts

Sorry for my English, hope it gets my story across. I've been on the diet for about 11 weeks. Excercised and lost about 12 pound that I could spare after vacation but in the end I was my lowest weight in times. I thought that my cycle changed to shorter (22-24) days because I had a bleed, it was very light though. Then I realised the bleed I had around 22 days was no AF, it was something different.
    A mid cycle bleed I can't explain. I realised it was no AF because when around cd 10 I started tracking my O and after cd 35 still no O. Then I could'nt do it anymore, lost my motivation and ate a lot last week. Like 3000 calories, and more fatty foods. Also skipped days of excercising (was on it 7 days) and gained 6 pounds. And of corse, now I feel like O is there and the opk confirms. Should I skip this cycle? Writing this I actually think I know the answer. I think I should. But then I feel the holidays coming are difficult to stay on track. How bad is gaining? It is strange but I oddly feel really good on the diet. Feel I am way more relaxed. So now I got my O back (waiting on it was not relaxed) I am ok on getting back on the diet and skipping this egg. But then again, long cycles are good for girls? In the end its all good. Thanks for 'listening'.
    Last edited by Slingers; November 13th, 2020 at 02:14 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much are you eating normally? Fat, protein, and calories?

Please don't skip this cycle. The reason why you weren't ovulating is that you weren't eating enough, and then once you got some food in you and gained weight you ovulated.

It is always your call to make but I'd go ahead.

Many people worry about the holidays but we often find it's actually easier to stick with on the holidays because everything feels like a treat. Just stay in the limits and you can have holiday foods.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your kind reply. I added some empty calories, but also fat and proteïn after you adviced me a couple of weeks ago. I still don't really count, but added dressing with fat, feta and other cheese, and kindney beans every meal. Sometimes half of a soy burger. I also have a full fat cappuccino everyday. I was sick a couple of days this cycle, could'nt get much in. That's what probably caused the delay.

But I am very happy that i looks like putting some fuel in hot me started again. We did a semi attempt (J&D). And back on track for next month.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you guys don't count, we can't know if you're getting enough. I can't help you without knowing those things. Even if you took just an average day one time and added it up I could be more help.

Being sick can delay ovulation too!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DH (because he makes all my salades and foods. He is really in to this with me and very supportive)
    and I estimated that in average I eat around 1500 calories. And fat 30-40 grams. I am not hitting the proteïne goals. That's more likely around 30 gram. Can this also cause delay? I will look up proteïne suggestions.

I loved eggs, but after 12 weeks of beeing vegi I don't like the idea of eggs at all.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While that can be enough for some people, since your cycle was delayed and then got better with more food, that indicates to me you need more particularly fat and calories. Protein is not as likely to delay or stop ovulation but you MUST be hitting the minimum because otherwise you will not be able to maintain your pregnancy. Not eating enough protein prior to conception is a starvation diet, and that is not allowed. Please start eating more of all three - fat, protein, and calories - from here on in.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will Atomic. Thanks for the advice.

I have one more question. I excercise everyday, walk outside or go on the treadmill. I don't like cardio much. But I remember from when I was around 14-15 years old that the only thing that I could do at the gym was cardio. And I did that for like 6 hours a week. In my memory my cycles also really changed/didn't happen. Is it possible excercising too much? Or is the answer in that case, eat more?
    Last edited by Slingers; November 16th, 2020 at 03:28 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Diet and exercise work together to affect your schedule. If you're dieting too strictly, your cycle can go missing even without exercise. If you are exercising too much, your cycle can go missing even without dieting. And if you're both exercising too much and eating too little, your cycle is much more likely to get spotty or even stop all together. Eating more can help prevent your cycle from going missing, but it's not a guarantee.

The problem is that those changes we see with diet and exercise is all but certainly what is swaying. So you really do need to take the chance for the sake of your sway. We are aiming for a sweet spot where you're dieting and exercising, and your cycle may even be a little bit delayed, but you can still get pregnant.