Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Week early ovulation?!

Help. Has this happened to anyone else before?? According to my test strips, AND symptoms, I ovulated an entire WEEK earlier than I normally do from what I’ve charted for the past 4 months What could’ve caused that to happen? I haven’t done anything differently. I keep taking tests to see if I happen to ovulate again but so far they’re all super negative.

Luckily we DTD 2 days before that early ovulation, so I may still have a small chance this month but I highly doubt it as I don’t feel ANY differently

I’m so annoyed that I basically lost my chance at trying this month when I was doing so well on the LE diet and exercising! I’m starting to get discouraged, even though this was only our 3rd month TTC, I’ve been on the damn LE diet for close to 6 months now and all I wanna do is eat junk food and not have to count calories everyday

Anyone else been in my situation before?? And any words of encouragement to stick it out with the diet yet another month? lol this mama is HUNGRY and ANNOYED and just wants to get pregnant with a baby girl already!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurenbright View Post
    Help. Has this happened to anyone else before?? According to my test strips, AND symptoms, I ovulated an entire WEEK earlier than I normally do from what I’ve charted for the past 4 months What could’ve caused that to happen? I haven’t done anything differently. I keep taking tests to see if I happen to ovulate again but so far they’re all super negative.

Luckily we DTD 2 days before that early ovulation, so I may still have a small chance this month but I highly doubt it as I don’t feel ANY differently

I’m so annoyed that I basically lost my chance at trying this month when I was doing so well on the LE diet and exercising! I’m starting to get discouraged, even though this was only our 3rd month TTC, I’ve been on the damn LE diet for close to 6 months now and all I wanna do is eat junk food and not have to count calories everyday

Anyone else been in my situation before?? And any words of encouragement to stick it out with the diet yet another month? lol this mama is HUNGRY and ANNOYED and just wants to get pregnant with a baby girl already!!!

Lauren, I TOTALLY hear you! I’m in the same boat as you right now! I’ve been on the PCOS le diet for nearly 6 months (with 4 weeks totally off of it because I thought I was pregnant with a bunch of false positives ) and have been back on it again for a month now and just found out I’m not pregnant after my second round of clomid. It sucks! All I want to do is EAT too and eat junk and not worry about my diet anymore! Especially with Christmas coming I just want to be done with it! I will be getting clomid again likely to try for my third round. I find the timing and only having one attempt etc to try for a baby girl SO hard! I can’t be on clomid long either so I need to get pregnant quickly. I’m really hoping this next cycle for us both is the one. Keep on going, I know exactly how you feel and I’m feeling exactly the way you are right now. Sending you all the love as we continue to starve and try for a baby girl.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh I’m glad I’m not the only one!! The low calories is killing me and you’re right, with Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner it’s going to be even harder to keep up with

I’m sorry you didn’t end up being pregnant when you thought you were that must’ve been really upsetting. But let’s try our best to to keep our chins up and keep starving a little longer haha!

I hope this next month will be the month we get pregnant too!!! Sending pink baby dust your way!

4. Likes babygirl1 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can ovulate early or late on the LE Diet. This is more than just common, I'd say it's actually the norm. More common to see your cycle change than have it stay the same.

This is why I don't recommend you guys bothering charting - or at least not rely on it staying the same. Your cycle can and does change when swaying (it happens on all sway diets, not just LE). This is actually a good sign (esp. when it goes from longer than average, to more normal range) because it indicates your hormones are different.

2 days before ovulation is actually one of the best days to conceive. That's not a badly timed attempt at all.

We can make some changes so you are happier on the diet. IF you're miserable you're doing something wrong. Can you give me more info about what you're eating?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh interesting I didn’t realize it was normal for ovulation to change that much. I figured a few days here and there was okay but thought an entire week early was kind of strange lol. If anything I hope it stays earlier because usually I ovulate on day 21 and then my period will start only 10 days later

And I guess I’m not crazy miserable on the diet and I’m happy with the weight I’ve lost on it too, I’m just getting antsy and annoyed that I’m not pregnant yet lol. It’s just tedious to count the calories each day and always want to eat more because I’m secretly a fatty at heart lol. I aim to eat about 1500 calories a day. I don’t count the fat and protein stuff because I honestly have no idea how to do that and that seems like a lot more tedious work that would probably completely turn me off of the diet haha.

I have a cup of coffee at around 11/12 and try to hold off eating until an hour later. Then I usually eat some sort of pasta, rice, pizza, chicken, a burrito (carbs but nothing too nutritious) with a diet pop. Dinner I’ll have the same sort of thing sometimes with steamed veggies and when I work (7p-7a as a nurse) I try to eat lightly and as early in my shift as possible to keep the IF going, so like a low fat yogurt, crackers with cheese, and popcorn. Then I’ll sometimes have another coffee later in the shift to keep me going lol. I’ve also been try to get one alcoholic drink each day too. Usually a white claw or white wine. Does this diet sound okay?? Is there anything I should take out or add in?

I also take 2,000 mcg of folic acid a day and a cranberry pill. I know that’s probably too much folic acid but I was told on a TTC Twins group I’m in, that taking extra folic acid could increase chances of getting twins which I would absolutely love, but I realize the odds are slim since twins are pretty rare. Also I remember seeing that you don’t agree with cranberry but I don’t see how it could hurt so I’ll probably continue it unless you think it’s unsafe?

Thank you so much for any advice!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic I would love your thoughts on my diet when you get the chance! My period started today btw

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No it's not unusual at all, especially if you ovulate on the later side. Going from 21 days to 14 day O is super common. It's a great sign you're getting some benefits from the diet as well! (there's an explanation for that if you would like me to tell you more)

I already have swaying dialed back as much as I feasibly can. (we already don't do things like temp/charting, measuring pH, and all sorts of things I have eliminated because they do nothing but stress people out.) I have you guys count fat, protein, and calories because it is necessary. If you do not eat enough of these things (and that is the most common problem, far more likely that you've cut back too far than that you're eating too much) you WILL end up delaying or even stopping ovulation. This causes all sorts of trouble, because if you delay or stop ovulation due to lack of food (not for the reasons why your ovulation was late before, that was a different thing) you will basically have to end up coming off diet in order to get your cycle going again. This has caused a very large number of sway opposites that would have had a better chance if only they hadn't cut back too far to begin with.

Additionally, eating too low in protein prior to pregnancy may make it so your body cannot get and stay pregnant. Protein is less likely to affect ovulation, but more likely to cause trouble for an upcoming pregnancy.

Long story short, there are very real reasons (both for health of you and your unborn baby, and for the outcome of your sway) to be tracking fat, protein, and calorie intake.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurenbright View Post
    Atomic I would love your thoughts on my diet when you get the chance! My period started today btw

How many days was it from ovulation to when your period arrived?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I cannot sign off on anyone's diet without knowing fat, protein, and calories. I am unable to translate a list of foods into me knowing the actual amount of food you're eating. Serving sizes and individual ingredients vary too widely. Even if you could just add up a normal day and let me know those things, I could be of more help.

2000 mcg folic acid is fine. While what that other site says isn't actually true in that higher dose FA doesn't CAUSE twins, what it is believed to do is help both twins to survive if you conceive twins. It's very common to conceive twins and have one go and the other survive, so taking folic acid at a higher dose may help both babies have adequate amounts (this is based on research done in China in hundreds of thousands of people and seems pretty legit). But be sure you are not taking it past the first trimester. Once the first trimester is over, wean back to the amount in a prenatal. (DO NOT just stop it suddenly.
    Wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to the amount in the prenatal) Taking too much folic acid after the first trimester has been linked to asthma, and possibly even autism.

Cranberry IS HARMFUL. It is a powerful blood thinner and taking too much can cause you to have bleeding, bruising, massively heavy periods, and even potentially fatal side effects like bleeding in your stomach and brain. Having your blood not clot properly can cause miscarriage. Since taking cranberry during pregnancy is linked to miscarriages, you have to stop it suddenly at ovulation. This means your body is first "shocked" by having its blood be too thin (while you are on cranberry, your body makes more clotting factors to compensate for this) and then you stop taking it suddenly without weaning off of it and your body doesn't realize this right away. So it keeps making extra clotting factors even tho you're not taking the cranberry. Right at implantation, your blood goes from being too thin due to the cranberry, to being too thick due to the excess clotting factors your body made to compensate for the cranberry. This can cause a chemical pregnancy, later miscarriage since it can take some time to work out, and even cause potentially fatal blood clots for you.

If you MUST take a supplement for pH you can use aspirin (it has the same risks as cranberry, but at least you can take it into very early pregnancy and give yourself time to wean off of it more safely) or Vitamin C. Please note, i'm not recommending either of them as they don't work and have their own issues/risks/side effects (esp. the aspirin) but either one of them would be better than the terrible cranberry.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your response!!

I actually would love an explanation of how my early ovulation this cycle was a good sign that I may be doing something right with my diet lol. Maybe it’ll give me a little encouragement and I’d love to know the science behind that..

So I do count my calories based off of my serving sizes, so I know I’m at about 1500 calories daily. Could you maybe explain how to count my fat and protein? I’ll start doing that if you think it’s important. My husband is all about eating some sort of meat on a daily basis so we’ve had a lot of chicken and pork and been trying to avoid red meats, but I have no idea how much fat I’ve been eating.

I’ll stop taking the cranberry now that you scared me about blood clots I definitely don’t wanna mess with the thickness of my blood while trying to get pregnant and I most certainly do not want to increase risks of having a miscarriage from it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast