Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Extras for me and dh

I was wondering if there’s anything extra I should really consider adding to my sway I’m doing right now. I’ve seen soy has been really great for dh to take up and he has just started to go to gym and working out (to help with girl sway but he has wanted to do it for himself for a while now) and I’ve seen a few protein shakes that are soy based powders then adding soy milk to combine it. Does that sound like a good dosage of soy everyday for him? Is there anything else, as I’ve seen people say cranberry, vitex, LR, OLE etc was apart of their sway but I don’t want to add anything that could be very much pointless. From a few posts I’ve read OLE seems to be good and buying in liquid form, it could be added to dh’s protein shakes. But like I said I rather know if it’s worth it and what to take then spending money on something that might not give a good result

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would really not suggest adding anything at this point. You've just had either an early loss or a wonky cycle (or both) and it's time to start dropping things, not adding them.

PLEASE do not take cranberry, vitex, saw palmetto, OLE for you, and above all else, DO NOT TAKE LICORICE ROOT. Licorice root is dangerous (as in, can KILL YOU), harms unborn babies, and our results with DH taking it are in the 30% range (meaning that 70% or so of people taking it for swaying actually got BOYS even with otherwise good sways) The other stuff hasn't worked and all got lower odds than the overall success rate of the site. Plus they have risks and side effects too.

If you must add stuff in, some soy milk (12-48 oz a day) and OLE for DH is ok but not a necessity. The soy milk may make your odds of conccieivng somewhat lower but I do believe it helps though only slightly. The OLE I don't think does anything but some people still take it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I would really not suggest adding anything at this point. You've just had either an early loss or a wonky cycle (or both) and it's time to start dropping things, not adding them.

PLEASE do not take cranberry, vitex, saw palmetto, OLE for you, and above all else, DO NOT TAKE LICORICE ROOT. Licorice root is dangerous (as in, can KILL YOU), harms unborn babies, and our results with DH taking it are in the 30% range (meaning that 70% or so of people taking it for swaying actually got BOYS even with otherwise good sways) The other stuff hasn't worked and all got lower odds than the overall success rate of the site. Plus they have risks and side effects too.

If you must add stuff in, some soy milk (12-48 oz a day) and OLE for DH is ok but not a necessity. The soy milk may make your odds of conccieivng somewhat lower but I do believe it helps though only slightly. The OLE I don't think does anything but some people still take it.
    Thank you! No point doing any of the stuff as I originally thought. My husband does want to take a protein shake since starting gym that’s why I suggested him to have a soy based one instead of regular high protein.

I see sooo many peoples sway over the years using LR, cranberry or whatever it is they are taking and have successful sways so just wanting to make sure I wasn’t necessarily needing to do the same things and still get a girl 👧

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also I was wondering. Because I’m starting the LE diet all over again to get a good 12+ weeks in (also starting exercising again as I stopped when I had a bfp last time) should I go on the pill for the next 3 months as it seems to sway pink or is that silly and won’t sway much

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We had a statistician even analyze our results and agreed that those supplements were not working. Please keep in mind when looking at results from other sites, that they often cherry pick their data so everyone whose sways work is included regardless of what they did, and anyone whose sways didn't work, they can always find some reason not to include them. For example InGender only includes people who have 5 of 7 "sway factors" in their sway and don't keep stats on anyone else. So you're not seeing honest accountings of the various tactics, you're seeing a sample dramatically skewed for successful people. Not to mention that people sometimes fudge what they did to be included in the results (and people have told me they did this, this isn't me speculating here).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that if you can only be on the pill for a short time it's probably not worth the trouble it causes.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I think that if you can only be on the pill for a short time it's probably not worth the trouble it causes.
    Thank you for the reply! I was wondering how sweets sway cause I know you say that there’s no magic foods and I remember in a post a few years ago you also commented that carbs=girl carbs+protein= boy, generally. I have a biggggg sweet tooth since ds2 and if I could I would only eat sweets in my two meals a day than a proper meal and I was doing this before I started swaying a few months ago too, I just have no desire for ‘actual’ food. It’s so weird but after ds2 even my periods changed to really long 32-39 cycles. Every month is different. So even though I know it’s completely unhealthy, am I able to use my limits on cake, cookies, chocolate etc? Or could that lean to a boy sway. Right now I’m having rice with corn and unsalted butter, and meal 2 is gluten free pasta with low sodium tomato sauce and corn tortilla. I feel like I’m breaking more on this diet because I’m not eating sweets. Where as the diet before miscarriage was mainly sweets like 90% of it and it was so easy to stick to on Le diet, didn’t cheat at all as I was meeting my sweet cravings. Again I know it’s unhealthy but I just want to eat sweets for all my meals lol and completely avoid savoury foods like what I’m eating now

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Sweets" are not magic foods though. When I say "there are no magic foods " I mean, like, eating cranberries does not magically make you have a girl.

The thing with sweets is that some people have insulin resistance that makes their blood sugar stay up high. For pink, we want our blood sugar to be able to drop easily after eating and so anyone with insulin resistance (people with PCOS, over 40, who hhave egg quality issues, trouble losing weight, a history of gestational diabetes, more than 30-50 lbs to spare, that kind of thing) need to limit sugary stuff NOT because it's a "magic food" but because the nutrients in the foods themselves, an excess of refined carbs, causes their blood sugar to rise very high and even raise testosterone.

What you are describing to me - weirdly long cycles that are irregular, a history of eating massive amounts of sugar - makes me wonder if you do have some insulin resistance type issues going on. I would recommend our alternate diet instead:

1500-1800 cals for most (a few people drop to more like 1200-1500 cals, a larger minority go up to 1800-2000 cals, like those who are nursing, very tall, have a fast metabolism, are exercising a lot)

50-60 g both protein and fat, not counting the protein and fat in fruit and veg (fruit and high carb veg are free for protein and fat, count only calories in them, and low carb vegetables are free and unlimited for everything, you count nothing in them, not even cals. Have as many low carb vegetables as you want

Full fat dairy only, NO SKIM or part skim dairy

Whole grains only, no white grains (we make an exception for pasta if you can't stand whole wheat pasta, and many people tolerate white rice well though I think brown is better)

And - this will not be easy to hear - no sugar.

If you have issues with insulin resistance, eating sugar will wreck your egg quality and make it much more likely your sway will fail.

That diet you are eating sounds entirely unsustainable. No wonder you are having trouble sticking to it. That is NOT LE Diet and borders on complete malnutrition. (LE Diet is meant to be a balanced healthy pre-pregnancy diet.) I seriously doubt you are getting adequate intake of protein and fat, and possibly not enough calories either. And if you wee eating nothing but sugary stuff before, and this high carb diet now, that will be extremely detrimental to egg quality as well.

You need to make some changes there regardless of if you go to the alternate diet or not.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay thank you for all of this! I will give it a go!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m not sure if I’m on the right path with PCOS diet but would something like these meals listed below be okay? Let me know if there’s a limit with dairy like only to have it with 1 meal a day or if it’s okay to have it in both my meals! I’m also trying to find ‘sweet’ meals that don’t involve sugar like ricotta toast and peanut butter but I listed it below for a better understanding of what I mean!

Also while pregnant with ds1 I had an ovarian cyst the doctors said it’s okay it’s only 1cm it’ll pop once I get my periods after birth and then I fell pregnant with ds2 and the cyst grew so big I had to get surgery to remove it while I gave birth to him so maybe I do underline have PCOS without knowing.

I was thinking

Skip breakfast
    Meal Ideas
    •wholegrain toastie with cheese and tomato (please let me know if tasty cheese slices are okay? Or if there’s a specific full dairy cheese) and then maybe a cup of berries. I say berries (strawberries and blueberries) because it’s in season at the moment and really cheap in Australia.
    •wholegrain wrap to make into a pizza with tomato paste (I always buy the no added salt one) cheese??? And vegetables like zucchini, mushroom, bell pepper, tomatoes Or spinach
    • Also could another meal idea especially when I’m feeling like sweets. Wholemeal toast with ricotta (equal sugar to sweeten the ricotta, usually it’s just sugar) and berries on top?
    •Could baked Sweet Potatoes be okay? I’m not a big fan of regular potatoes and then top it with cheese or if you have any other topping ideas I read you used to eat potatoes with beans and sour cream before your dd and I’m not a big fan of that combination but maybe sweet potato with sour cream and cheese!

Also peanut butter? Unsalted peanut butter is really intolerable but if a little salted peanut butter is okay then i wouldn’t mind that on wholemeal crisps.

If all these meals seem okay I’ll just toss between them every few days and eat them within limits. Im still eating only twice a day and I’ll still add Diet Coke (I love regular Coke so I have been drinking Diet Coke for months now during this sway) and I’m still drinking about 3-4 cups of coffee with FULL cream milk now and 1 equal sugar

I had a wholegrain wrap with vegetables for dinner tonight and realised the whole grain wrap has flax seeds. That’s okay? SORRY for the long post it’s so cringe I know haha we are in different time zones so I try to get all my answers in 1 go before I have to wait the following day haha
    Last edited by rebekahlaurenn; November 18th, 2020 at 06:50 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast