Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dairy is only limited, by, well, the limits LOL. You can have as much as you want as long as you're in the calorie, fat, and protein limit (and on the PCOS diet are having ONLY full fat dairy, no skim or part skim)

That's not the type of thing we'd see with PCOS per se. Anyone can get that kind of ovarian cyst. Now, could you have PCOS, sure, but it's those long irregular cycles that is more indicative of PCO to me.

I'm assuming you mean the Tasty slices available in Australia?? They are fine, look on the back and you'll see they have very few carbs in them and that means they're ok for the PCOS diet. (generally you don't need to monitor carbs in anything as long as you're following the PCOS-type diet rules but when it comes to cheese, it can be handy to check as skim dairy will have quite a lot more carbs. So if you're not sure if something is skim dairy, check the carbs and you'll know)

You really do not need to monitor sodium. Most of us gave that up like eight years back and our results since that time have been higher than ever. I got my girl eating scads of sodium after my 4th boy whiel limiting it. Biologically it makes no sense, and it makes it much easier to stick to the diet if you drop that restriction.

Any of those meal ideas are fine. I don't remember eating beans on potatoes, I think we may have a mixup there. But I had salsa, cheese, sour cream on Irish potatoes and peanut butter OR cheese (not together LOL) on sweet potatoes. Both are fine.

Salted peanut butter is absolutely fine and can be a really good way to satisfy a sweet tooth without having any actual sugary stuff.

Do be aware that both 2 and 3 meals is fine. I have the option of either one for those who do better on one or the other (some people feel stuffed if they skip breakfast and try to fit in 3 meals; others can't manage on 2 meals and have three. I always had 3 when I got my girl)

Those are certainly the right KINDS of foods but I cannot sign off on anyone's diet unless you have added up those meals to see if you fit in the limits. If I'm honest I can't see how two of those meals could possibly be enough food, then you run the risk of cutting back too far and delaying or stopping ovulation. So even if it's just one sample day, be sure you've added up those totals at least one time to be certain you're fitting in the diet limits.

I would urge you to keep flaxseed to 2-3 servings a week even when pregnant. Flaxseed has some strong hormonal effects to such extent it's been shown to cause harm to unborn babies when eaten too often during pregnancy, causing premature labor (proven) and possibly linked to deformities in the genitals of babies when their mothers were using it during pregnancy. Dietary amounts only, and that means 2-3 times per week maximum.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Dairy is only limited, by, well, the limits LOL. You can have as much as you want as long as you're in the calorie, fat, and protein limit (and on the PCOS diet are having ONLY full fat dairy, no skim or part skim)

That's not the type of thing we'd see with PCOS per se. Anyone can get that kind of ovarian cyst. Now, could you have PCOS, sure, but it's those long irregular cycles that is more indicative of PCO to me.

I'm assuming you mean the Tasty slices available in Australia?? They are fine, look on the back and you'll see they have very few carbs in them and that means they're ok for the PCOS diet. (generally you don't need to monitor carbs in anything as long as you're following the PCOS-type diet rules but when it comes to cheese, it can be handy to check as skim dairy will have quite a lot more carbs. So if you're not sure if something is skim dairy, check the carbs and you'll know)

You really do not need to monitor sodium. Most of us gave that up like eight years back and our results since that time have been higher than ever. I got my girl eating scads of sodium after my 4th boy whiel limiting it. Biologically it makes no sense, and it makes it much easier to stick to the diet if you drop that restriction.

Any of those meal ideas are fine. I don't remember eating beans on potatoes, I think we may have a mixup there. But I had salsa, cheese, sour cream on Irish potatoes and peanut butter OR cheese (not together LOL) on sweet potatoes. Both are fine.

Salted peanut butter is absolutely fine and can be a really good way to satisfy a sweet tooth without having any actual sugary stuff.

Do be aware that both 2 and 3 meals is fine. I have the option of either one for those who do better on one or the other (some people feel stuffed if they skip breakfast and try to fit in 3 meals; others can't manage on 2 meals and have three. I always had 3 when I got my girl)

Those are certainly the right KINDS of foods but I cannot sign off on anyone's diet unless you have added up those meals to see if you fit in the limits. If I'm honest I can't see how two of those meals could possibly be enough food, then you run the risk of cutting back too far and delaying or stopping ovulation. So even if it's just one sample day, be sure you've added up those totals at least one time to be certain you're fitting in the diet limits.

I would urge you to keep flaxseed to 2-3 servings a week even when pregnant. Flaxseed has some strong hormonal effects to such extent it's been shown to cause harm to unborn babies when eaten too often during pregnancy, causing premature labor (proven) and possibly linked to deformities in the genitals of babies when their mothers were using it during pregnancy. Dietary amounts only, and that means 2-3 times per week maximum.
    Thanks so much! Yes the tasty cheese slices in Australia, I remember checking yesterday and they had really low carbs! I will go to the shops today and buy all these stuff and then add them up! If they the don’t add up to enough I’ll add a few things to my meals. Generally 2 meals is what I can fit in a day as I’m so busy trying to fit in gym and look after toddlers so I always made sure both meals were quite big! And I must of meant salsa not beans on your potatoes haha! I’m glad I can have sweet potato and regular potatoes. Thank you!

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok! As long as YOU are happy on 2 meals that is what counts! just be sure you're eating enough!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic! So far so good eating wholemeal stuff, veggies, fruits and full cream dairy no problem. Surprised I haven’t been tempted on the sweets (as of yet lol). I was wondering cooking oil... any specific type? I have olive oil at home so not sure if that’s okay. And eggs! Not a big egg eater but I’m not eating meat and crave eggs for some reason (I hate eggs and never ate them with both boys) so should I include them? Only whites? Or is the yolk okay too as that’s the tastiest bit from what I remember 🤣

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Generally we theorize that canola oil, soy oil, corn oil are better for pink than olive oil but the truth is olive oil still does have the Omega 6 fats in it that are shown in some animal studies to sway pink. (that's a long winded way of saying Olive oil is probably fine, though canola/soy/corn is probably better)

Fine to eat eggs within limits, especially on the alternate diet. They're not a free food but having a couple eggs a few times a week. (the reason I say this is a couple of sway diets have eggs as "pink friendly magic food" and some people are eating dozens of them a week. Don't do that, but as a part of an otherwise LE PCOS-type diet they're a great addition.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay awesome I’ll add eggs for a meal once a week or something!

Also sweet potatoes, I’ve been having them the last few days basically everyday in my meals. And I just read this in the ‘special circumstances’ thread. It says “ PINK swayers: white rice and white potato are best, you can also have sweet potato in moderation but remember these are more nutrient dense“ should i stop having so much? And keep it to like every few days let’s say or it’s fine for me to continue with eating it every day. I’ve been having it with cheese or roasted and spread on wholemeal pita.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No keep having them as much as you like within limits. Over time we've learned it's limits that matter and not foods per se.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    No keep having them as much as you like within limits. Over time we've learned it's limits that matter and not foods per se.
    Oh awesome! Would I be able to have cocoa powder to make smoothies or does that count as ‘sweet’ on PCOS diet. I was gonna make a smoothie with one of meals that would consist of milk, cocoa powder, banana and peanut butter. If cocoas fine does any one matter or should I stick to a specific like dark or something

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12