Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Binging like crazy since 3DPO

Currently 6DPO and diet has just gone completely out the window. I'm talking 3000-4000 calories per day for the past few days and I suddenly have zero self-control >_<
    I've been on the diet on and off since around May (conceived in July but miscarried), eating on the higher end so I can't have been that deprived could I? I was averaging 1800-2000 cal/day, ~50g protein, +60g fat, I try and walk for at least an hour a day, breastfeeding only twice a day, 18-19 BMI...

I know one should stay on the diet during the TWW but maybe I'm subconsciously quitting because I think I might be pregnant? Or can I blame hormones, is this a progesterone thing? I've only ovulated a handful of times this year after years of pregnancy and breastfeeding so I don't remember what is normal luteal phase behaviour!

Any advice is welcome but this is mostly a vent, I need to pull myself together!
    swaying for a girl

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a proven fact that during the 2WW, as progesterone rises, it has a strong effect both increasing appetite and also lowering self-control. Many, many women find they binge at this time of the month (even without swaying) and also are more prone to overspending money too (ask me how I know, LOL).

People justify doing this because "I might be pregnant" but that's not the reason, the reason is the hormonal shift.

Don't worry about it, just regroup when you can and move on. Don't try to "make up for" this by starving yourself later on, just let it go. When you temporarily overdo, most of it just passes on through anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It's a proven fact that during the 2WW, as progesterone rises, it has a strong effect both increasing appetite and also lowering self-control. Many, many women find they binge at this time of the month (even without swaying) and also are more prone to overspending money too (ask me how I know, LOL).

People justify doing this because "I might be pregnant" but that's not the reason, the reason is the hormonal shift.

Don't worry about it, just regroup when you can and move on. Don't try to "make up for" this by starving yourself later on, just let it go. When you temporarily overdo, most of it just passes on through anyway.
    Ahhh thank you, I thought I could vaguely remember reading something to this effect! That is very reassuring, hopefully it passes soon ...before I consume my body weight in peanut butter and chocolate... XD
    swaying for a girl

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: The eating has slowed slightly (ever so slightly!), but it's now evident why this LP felt so different ...

My nipples had also started tingling by 3DPO as they have every pregnancy, so I had a pretty strong suspicion
    swaying for a girl

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you had a positive pregnancy test?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Have you had a positive pregnancy test?
    Yep I didn't bother testing early since I knew it'd be positive, but tested on 14DPO to check that the line was sufficiently dark.

Can I please ask an unrelated question - do we post a thread in the "Post Your Sway" subforum now, while it's all still fresh in my mind, and then just update it when we eventually find out the sex? (NIPT is very rare/expensive here so I guess it'll be a 12-16 week wait eek)
    swaying for a girl

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is up to you. Some people like to do it right away while it's fresh in their mind as you say, but others prefer to wait till when they're certain the pregnancy is working out. Whatever you prefer is fine with me.

10. Thanks baby_deku_scrub thanked for this post