Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

3rd time not lucky..

Hi Atomic,

Our third month of trying has been unsuccessful but weirdly me period has again come quite late (despite normally being every 30 days).. would a later period mean I’m ovulating much later? This month we will go to every 3 days (rather than 4) and go right the way up to my period. We’ve already dropped the hot bath / spa and biking for DH. Is there anything else we could do to increase our chances of conception? This is our last month of trying (although I’ve said that the past 2 months so who knows?!!).. are the pharmacy sperm count/ health tests worth doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that is what it means.

There is no every 3 days. There's only every four days, either in the 96 hour pattern or the 72 hour pattern. When we called it "every 3" and "every 4" days it was too confusing and people were always counting the days differently. So now we have just every 4 days.

If you were doing 96 hours apart yes you should go to every 72 now and please be sure you're starting this the day after your last dose of medication and continuing on ALL MONTH until you are certain you've ovulated (even if that means going all the way till your next period begins)

I don't think the sperm test is necessary unless you have reason to believe your hubby has something amiss with his numbers.

What else are you doing to sway?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic.

I had been doing the LE diet but not as rigidly the past few weeks (though still 95% vegetarian so protein is still relatively low). We’re both drinking coffee and were drinking alcohol nightly but stopped that as it was taking its toll on my sleep. I have been walking daily and haven’t been taking any vitamins / supplements apart from folic acid. I tend to have quite low iron though and with not eating meat I’m feeling quite tired so was thinking of taking iron tablets every few days this month

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also I didn’t check ovulation with the sticks last month so should I do that or just go
    With the 72 hrs (that’s what I meant by every third day as opposed to 96 which is what we did last month)?

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let's add in 30-60 mg iron 3x a week. If you feel miraculouosly better, up that to every day for 6 weeks, then return to the 3x a week dose.

I want you on every 4 days in the 72 hour pattern.

I figured that's what you meant but when people call it "every 3 days" or third day or whatever, there's no consistency in how people use that term. Some people count it in the 72 hour pattern, others put 3 days BETWEEN the attempts (which is the 96 hour pattern) and it is too vague to be useful. And just calling it my the number of hours is also not useful because then people think it's about a certain number of hours rather than just at any point that day. So the best way is to say "every 4 days in the 72/96 pattern" though I know it's a bit unwieldy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ