Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The reason why ovulation is delayed makes a difference. There are a few different reasons why O can be delayed. In your case I think it was that you weren't eating quite enough and that would only sway pink.

Don't worry about a "over mature egg". That is not actually a thing when we're talking about this type of time frame and the idea has really fallen out of favor anyway.

If you're sure you ovulated you can have unprotected sex. Some people worry about things like pH and prefer to use barrier method birth control. It's your call to make really. I would not have your husband abstain for all that time though!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, I hope it’s ok to continue here, I know it takes a while for you to see new comments in old threads, I’ll wait as much as it takes. I’ve got my period today, so disappointed... anyway it was just my first month attempting. Do you have any vague idea how many months does it usually take to conceive with one attempt, cardio (walking) 6-7 days, LE veggie no meat? I mean average (I am 35, DH 37, 2 kids, no special conditions). It cannot be predicted, but what are your observations throughout the years supporting here? I did not expect it to happen immediately but I saw that to many girls it actually did. The idea is to lower the fertility but the attempt is in the best moment possible, after all... DH abstained (unintentionally), perhaps if we include FR instead it will help...?
    Last edited by Chocolatina; December 16th, 2020 at 04:12 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes of course!

We have an average of 3 months to conception, which is in keeping with the average time to conception without swaying (3-6 months).

Most people do eventually give up on one attempt and go to e4d and then e4d plus one. The amount of time you want to spend on one attempt is up to you though. Some people are in more of a hurry to conceive than others are.

Both abstain and FR can cut odds of conception. Your husband should be doing FR becuase it's safer but if you want better chances of conception, we can do regular release instead.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Will regular release lower the chances for pink or will it just improve the chance for conception? I think I read somewhere your opinion that the theory of FR, abstain and other patterns influencing the sway has been debunked. But I really want to give it the best chances for a girl. I will stick to one attempt for at least 6 months as I use opk and know when my O is going to happen.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The abstain and FR haven't worked. (I actually made up the FR myself LOL). Only the one attempt worked. So I think it's fine for you guys to drop abstain and FR and do regular release every 2-4 days with the one attempt. It's your choice, you may want to try a month with FR and then do regular release, whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, I just wanted to share that I got my ovulation sharp this time (in case someone reads the thread- your advices were brilliant without me having to drop LE). I had an LH surge on CD 13 (as I always do). We had our one attempt on that day, the first with positive opk. But I have another concern- I did an unintentional jump&dump, we DTD (me on top, maybe not a favourable position for conceiving, I am thinking now), and I had to go to the WC about 30 mins later, I am afraid I lost too much “material”... I am looking for reassurance I didn’t lose it all and still have a chance at getting pregnant, some of it still went in, right? ‘cause it seemed to me a lot fell out... sorry for the dumb question. I am now blaming myself I ruined our one attempt and a whole month of waiting and swaying with my need to pee...
    Last edited by Chocolatina; December 29th, 2020 at 01:16 AM.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you laid down for 30 min. after intercourse you did not do a J and D. Anything that comes out after 30 minutes is just semen with dead/dying sperm in it - all the good sperm goes up inside the cervical crypts. I got my girl with me on top!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks a lot, this sounds promising I read your J and D essay (updated in 2017), is it still valid- do I up my chances for a girl a bit if I J and D 5-10 mins after DTD? I am willing to try it next month if I don’t conceive this month if it did prove to work over the years...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't know for sure but yes I'm fine with you guys starting off with 5 min J and D and then extending. It did seem to add a little something but that can be a fluke.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, another issue- I just got my period on CD 24 (usually it is on CD 27), with first positive OPK on CD 13, does this make it a too short luteal phase? Can this be a one-time thing or should I be concerned? I’ve been on LE since mid August, cardio has not been hard - one hour of brisk walking 5-6 days a week. This is my second unsuccessful month of DTD. Last month I got a delayed ovulation, perhaps due to some psyllium fiber intake, but this month I was careful not to eat too little, especially during the holiday period. I am surprised of this outcome and a little worried ��can I conceive at all with such a short LP? Did I do something to cause it? Still breastfeeding once a day, there were no problems with my LP since the recovery of my period after giving birth, but the overall length has been varying between 24 and 33 days (so irregular). Maybe it is breastfeeding?
    Last edited by Chocolatina; January 8th, 2021 at 01:52 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast