Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you can still conceive with a short LP of 10 days like you're describing. But it can absolutely be a one time thing too.

Breastfeeding can contribute but I want to be sure you're eating enough, especially fat and cals. What do you esitmate you're eating on those?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since my delayed ovulation I aim no less than 55 grams of fat daily, I don’t count them too precisely, but I included some Italian cheese in my daily menu. Regarding cals- it really depends, I eat twice daily, so I decided I won’t count them as I came to the conclusion that whatever I eat I can’t go over 1800 and when I go light I try not to have just a salad, but also bread, cheese, olive paste. The rest of the time I eat cooked food, veggie, some chocolate almost every day. I would say 1600 at least. I managed not to lose more weight so I think I’m doing a satisfactory job with the LE- not too obsessed coining each gram, not too loose, as well.
    I’m thinking that the breastfeeding is doing some tricks with my hormones- since I got my period it has never been sharp- it comes anywhere between 24 and 33 days which is really untypical for me. I started considering weaning my toddler, I’ll give myself one or two more months and if I don’t conceive I may stop breastfeeding him. I feel that it acts quite the contraceptive. It isn’t easy for me to follow LE and find one hour every day for my walking so I really do hope it happens soon. Did you have many breastfeeding moms that managed to conceive quickly? I know it’s different for every woman, but I just want to know I have a chance... after all my OPK detect a clear LH surge ...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're breastfeeding you need to be at more like 1800-2000 cals.

You can get pregnant nursing, and the older your child is, the less the breastfeeding acts as a contraceptive. So if your child is a toddler the effects are likely not that great and it is more likely to be diet related.

Yes, we have many women (myself included) who got pregnant easily while nursing. Most people can. It's always fine to wean if you want to wean, but I just don't want you to think you have to if you don't want.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, so it’s been pretty weird... my period that came too early (CD 24) was a bit lighter than usual, but instead of ending completely, the flow intensified on the eighth day of the menstruation and continued the same on the ninth day. For some reason I decided to do a pregnancy test today and it came out positive with a faint second line, it is CD 32, ninth day of the menstruation, I didn’t test first thing in the morning, but at noon. So I called my OB, she will see me in two days to make sure it is not an ectopic pregnancy. I don’t experience any pain, it seems it may be an early abortion when the HCG is still high and the test detected it, could it be a successful pregnancy with all this bleeding? Should I do something in terms of swaying or do you have any thoughts, recommendations? Will that affect my overall baby making? I had a missed abortion before DS2, hope this time the situation is not that dramatic...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it can still be a successful pregnancy even with bleeding. I had one of my pregnancies start out with five days of heavy bleeding and ended up with a healthy baby from that. I do think they need to do some testing to rule out any cause for alarm and then we will see where we're at.

Please don't do anything for swaying. Go ahead and start a prenatal and avoid anything you are taking that might harm a new pregnancy.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My bleeding has been menstruation-like for five days, then 1-2 days of spotting, after that heavy bleeding, third day now. I went to the laboratory today to have my HCG tested as my doctor wants to have it followed and it is very low, so according to the blood test today- no more pregnancy. I guess I am continuing with the swaying and everything. I really do hope I will be able to try again this month... I know that an early abortion happens very often and most women don’t even realise they’ve had it, but it still sucks, I feel like it has somehow been my fault that I did not support my body well enough in order to keep the pregnancy. I know it isn’t like that, but it will be bugging me and I will be a little worried it will keep happening...Thanks so much for your support so far!
    Last edited by Chocolatina; January 17th, 2021 at 08:34 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, ok, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Yes, it's totally normal to feel like that, just keep in mind that women who are doing everything in their power to get pregnant also have losses and it's believed that the vast majority of all losses are just bad luck and nothing to do with anything the mother did. Let me know how I can help.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went to the doctor and she said it was either an early abortion, or a false positive test and abnormal period due to stress or other factors. Anyway, I am continuing with my sway. She said a pregnancy during breastfeeding will be less likely to occur since the prolactin is still at high levels and contradicts with the pregnancy hormones, but I am not giving up thanks a lot for your support, I will start with further questions soon, I am sure of it

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh these damn doctors, there is no such thing as a false positive with abnormal period due to stress. that's gibberish. You had an early loss.

She is also wrong about getting pregnant when breastfeeding. YES, it is somewhat harder to get pregnant when breastfeeding but once the cycle normalizes the prolactin is not having much of an effect any more. When there is enough prolactin to inhibit pregnancy, it makes you not ovulate or your ovulation is delayed and then your LP would be crazy short (like 3 day LP, that kind of thing). It is very unlikely the amount you're nursing has a negative effect as long as you're having a regular-ish cycle.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jumping in just to add my sister had an OOPS conception at 6 months postpartum exclusively nursing. My mom also conceived my sister 3 months postpartum nursing me (my sister and I are basically Irish twins - August 1 & August 24). So ya being unable to conceive nursing is absolutely wrong!

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast