Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too much carbs on PCOS diet

I’m currently eating 2 meals a day, maybe a few times a week I would have 3 meals like on weekends. First meal is x2 cheese, tomato and sponge toasties, x2 toast with peanut butter and 1 toast with 1 egg (I have 1 egg everyday for about 5-6 times a week). I also have a smoothie made out of almond milk, blueberries, peanut butter and banana. Haha is this too much??? It’s in limits but worried carbs could be so high! For my second meal around dinner it’s usually brown rice with lots of leafy greens like broccoli and spinach etc. some sweet potato and corn too on the side. And then again with that meal I have x2 toasts with peanut butter. ALL is wholemeal based nothing white. Have not touched unrefined food for about 2 weeks now.

If I have a third meal it’s usually on the weekend cause I’m at someone’s house and have to snack on something like fruit or else they’ll ask to many questions but I always stick to my diet and what I’m meant to eat. If it’s at home and I’m really hungry at night, my third meal would just be x2 toast with peanut butter. I have a major sweet tooth so peanut butter is really the the only thing that is helping that craving that’s why I’m having so much of it. I don’t like fruit very much, never have but I do try now.

The peanut butter is made out of peanuts and salt only FYI. I know normal peanut butter has sugar so I get the healthier version.

Also is there a reason some people add a salmon once a week? Should I do the same? I am losing weight still and don’t want to lose too much more. I’m down to 53 kgs and started at 63kgs. Or should I stick to vegetarian as it’s better results. Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I need your totals for the day - calories, protein, fat, and since you're asking about carbs, carbs as well. I'm sure you're fine but I can't sign off without that.

Peanut butter is fine.

A serving of salmon every week is to ensure people are getting enough of the kind of fat that keeps people ovulating. Many people doing the PCOS diet see weight fly off of them so I like them to include sources of the right type of fat to continue staying fertile. Fish also has a couple of the micronutrients that are lacking in the PCO-type diet.

What is your BMI?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Following as I’m also concerned about the amount of carbs I’m eating on the PCOS diet. As I’m a vegetarian I’m really struggling to make it to the 1500 calories goal without eating more than 3 servings a day. They are almost always wholegrain unless I’m out and about and there isn’t the option or I do eat a lot of jacket potato’s.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The "three servings a day" thing is not important. I came up with that simply because some people couldn't stick to the diet while tracking. (some people are really really unbelievably resistant to tracking their food intake for reasons I don't understand)

But it's the limits that matter. 1500 cals, 50-60 g protein and fat. If you need more than 3 servings to get up to that, it's totally fine!

Jacket potatoes are fine! I ate SOOOOO many potatoes with my daughter, I often joke she's 1/3 potato.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ