Thread: Losing weight

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Losing weight

Hi
    I realise we shouldn't snack. I thought we should eat every 3 hours and that helps to lose weight? Surely big hours between meals..our bodies may think we are starving so keep on the fat? Hard to explain sorry

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Emz90 View Post
    Hi
    our bodies may think we are starving so keep on the fat?
    this is typically referred to as "starvation mode" and is 99% a myth. The 1% of truth is that yes, metabolism does slow down eventually and make it harder to lose weight, but only if you're legitimately starving and very underweight.
    Your body will absolutely not try to "hold onto fat" if you go a few hours without eating. The whole reason our bodies store fat in the first place is so that we have an energy source when food is scarce, so it makes no sense at all for your body to hold onto it. The fat is literally there to be burned!
    What matters in losing weight is the total number of calories consumed (on average) in a day, and whether that's more or less than the amount of energy you burn.
    If you burn 2000 calories of energy in a day, you could lose weight by eating, for example, 3 meals of 500 calories each (total 1500 cal), or 6 meals of 250 calories each (also total 1500 cal). It doesn't really matter how many meals you eat if the goal is simply to lose weight, you just need to eat fewer calories than you burn.

Atomic could probably explain this part better than me but... For swaying however, the goal is not just to lose weight, but to keep your average blood sugar low. Each time you eat you get a spike in blood sugar. Fewer meals a day means you spend less time throughout the day with higher blood sugar - just a big jump after each meal rather than continual smaller boosts that you'd get with snacking or frequent small meals.
    swaying for a girl

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Our metabolism won't slow down with just 3 meals day and no snacks ? Thanks so much

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The goal of the LE Diet is not to lose massive amounts of weight. We are doiother things

Also, this is not a starvation diet. It should not put you into the mode where your metabolism shifts and you cannot lose weight (at least not till you've reached BMI 21 or below). It is simply the lower normal range of a healthy pre-pregnancy diet as described by the World Health Organization and reproductive endocrinologists.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_deku_scrub View Post
    this is typically referred to as "starvation mode" and is 99% a myth. The 1% of truth is that yes, metabolism does slow down eventually and make it harder to lose weight, but only if you're legitimately starving and very underweight.
    Your body will absolutely not try to "hold onto fat" if you go a few hours without eating. The whole reason our bodies store fat in the first place is so that we have an energy source when food is scarce, so it makes no sense at all for your body to hold onto it. The fat is literally there to be burned!
    What matters in losing weight is the total number of calories consumed (on average) in a day, and whether that's more or less than the amount of energy you burn.
    If you burn 2000 calories of energy in a day, you could lose weight by eating, for example, 3 meals of 500 calories each (total 1500 cal), or 6 meals of 250 calories each (also total 1500 cal). It doesn't really matter how many meals you eat if the goal is simply to lose weight, you just need to eat fewer calories than you burn.

Atomic could probably explain this part better than me but... For swaying however, the goal is not just to lose weight, but to keep your average blood sugar low. Each time you eat you get a spike in blood sugar. Fewer meals a day means you spend less time throughout the day with higher blood sugar - just a big jump after each meal rather than continual smaller boosts that you'd get with snacking or frequent small meals.
    a single like button does not suffice!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I am 7 stone 12 and 5 foot. So around BMI of 21. Injust feel so hungry on 3 meals with no snacks. Might be due to breastfeeding. If I have one snack between lunch and dinner could that be bad for girl sway?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much food are you eating??

I am ok with you adding another meal if need be, but it may be you need to eat more food.