Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Magnesium supplement?

Hi all! I’ve been having bad headaches before my period each month, and my doctor recommended trying a magnesium supplement. I know the mineral balancing style of swaying says that magnesium is good for girls, but I don’t fully buy into that. I don’t want to harm my girl sway by adding a supplement, but also it’d be great to control these headaches! The other hitch is that I can’t swallow pills, so I’d need to find something chewable, and usually those are sugary. Thoughts or recommendations? I found a couple supplements that looked like they were chewable and just magnesium, but wanted to check before I bought anything.
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021
    Trying for a daughter 2023

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry, I started to answer this and then something must have gone wrong.

I don't buy into it either. The only thing the magnesium was ever meant to do was "help calcium work better" and the best study ever done on maternal preconception diet and gender conceived (in fact, the ONLY study ever done not selling a mineral diet, LOL) found that women who ate the most mag and calcium went on to have BOYS.

I am personally of the opinion that this is a hormonal headache and probably wouldn't be helped by the magnesium but it's fine to give it a whirl if you'd like. I can't say if it will hurt your sway or not. I do have people who stay on magnesium and do still get girls. But like I said, the Oxford study did find that higher intake of ALL nutrients seemed to be correlated with more boys. So while I don't think it's a swaykiller, neither can I sign off on it.

Most chewable tabs have artificial sweetener in them as sugar takes up a lot more space for an equivalent amount of sweetening. Even if it does have sugar I wouldn't worry about that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries, thanks for the response! I think I will probably stay off of it then. I was reading that headaches before and during your period can be associated with low hormone levels--and I've never in my life had headaches before! So it seems like I've definitely lowered my hormone levels through my sway. Hopefully not too much, though!
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if your cycle is still regular you're all good!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! My cycle was slightly funky last month -- my OPKS became barely positive at the usual time (CD 13), and then got lighter again. I added in a serving of full fat dairy and a few eggs a week (I had been bad about eating those things because I'm not a huge fan of either) and cut back my exercise to walk-jogging for an hour daily (instead of running 5-6 miles every day--not for the sway, but just because I've really grown to love running), and then sure enough I got EWCM and a fully dark OPK at CD 18. This month, I'm keeping up the walk-jogging and keeping the added serving of full fat dairy and eggs.

I definitely lost more weight than I'd intended to--my weight was holding steady, and then I got my IUD removed for our first attempt in November, and it dropped off all at once. I hadn't weighed myself for a couple weeks because my weight had seemed fine for so long, and then I jumped on the scale and was shocked. I'm at a BMI of 17.7.

If you have any advice, that would be so wonderful. I really don't want to mess up my sway by swinging the opposite way now and eating all the food in sight just so I can ovulate.
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What to do is just exactly what you have done - make small changes over time. Keep going with the eggs and dairy, cut back on the exercise. But don't do a complete 180 and start swaying blue. If a small amount of weight comes back on that is ok, we haven't seen that make any difference when you're underweight.

8. Thanks lad thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! Fingers crossed that this month is our month! This is only our second month trying, but we've been swaying since the end of July. My husband and I are both feeling very ready for that positive pregnancy test.
    Son one, born 2018
    Son two, born 2021

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FX and TX too!