Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally TTC but confused on timing

Alright, husband and I are finally TTC our last babe. So exciting and nervous. However, I’m confused. I’ve read The BDM and they say to have sex 2 ish days before ovulation but I’m reading here that timing ultimately doesn’t matter. I’m not sure when i conceived my first son but my second was conceived by BD the day I got a peak OPK. Now I’m breastfeeding and my cycles are kind of everywhere but I seem to get peaks anywhere from CD 16-21 What should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Babydust Method is garbage. They stole our one attempt, combined it with Shettles, went and found a ridiculous and sketchy "study" (using the term very loosely) to "prove" it, and started selling it. There are tons of opposites on their FB page and people showing up here after having tried the method for years, plural (and since it only came out in 2016 that's quite an amazing feat, LOL) And they ignore the huge body of evidence that has come out debunking timing.

If you've got an irregular cycle you're not going to be able to use timing. What you could do instead, if you're sold on doing timing, is get a fertility monitor and have your attempt the second "high" day. (do NOT use an app, it must be a fertility monitor. The apps are not reliable when it comes to highs and peaks) That is a way we've had many people use to do timing with irregular cycles. Now it's not going to be great chances of conception, and it's possible to get many days of "high" or go right to "peak" without any highs at all. But it is going to for sure be a cutoff that way.

BTW I LOVE GoT, I'm rereading it right now.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes agirlhasnoname liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Babydust Method is garbage. They stole our one attempt, combined it with Shettles, went and found a ridiculous and sketchy "study" (using the term very loosely) to "prove" it, and started selling it. There are tons of opposites on their FB page and people showing up here after having tried the method for years, plural (and since it only came out in 2016 that's quite an amazing feat, LOL) And they ignore the huge body of evidence that has come out debunking timing.

If you've got an irregular cycle you're not going to be able to use timing. What you could do instead, if you're sold on doing timing, is get a fertility monitor and have your attempt the second "high" day. (do NOT use an app, it must be a fertility monitor. The apps are not reliable when it comes to highs and peaks) That is a way we've had many people use to do timing with irregular cycles. Now it's not going to be great chances of conception, and it's possible to get many days of "high" or go right to "peak" without any highs at all. But it is going to for sure be a cutoff that way.

BTW I LOVE GoT, I'm rereading it right now.
    That’s so good to know. Honestly, I’m kind of glad to have read up on timing here. It’s a bit stressful trying to guess when to have sex since well...I don’t know when I’ll even get a positive OPK. Some times it’s on regular schedule and sometimes it’s later. And only BD one time makes sense. I did it twice in my fertile window when we tired for baby #2.

I’m not totally sold on timing so now I think I’m just going to wait for a positive OPK. Makes things a lot easier for me and I think my chances of getting pregnant will go up a ton.

Sorry for rambling on here and sorry if I didn’t make any sense. It’s the end of a busy day for me

And GoT is the best. One of my favs, although I was a little bummed about how the show ended.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you found our "timing debunked" essay here? https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html It can be a big help in letting go of timing. So many of us on here (myself included) have 2-3-4 or even more timing opposites so it's easy for us to give up on, but we want you guys to be able to let it go BEFORE you have to go through what we did LOL.

And, sex at first positive OPK is a bit of a cutoff anyway so there's that!

Yes, just a wee bit bummed here too LOL A wee bit.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes agirlhasnoname liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Have you found our "timing debunked" essay here? https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html It can be a big help in letting go of timing. So many of us on here (myself included) have 2-3-4 or even more timing opposites so it's easy for us to give up on, but we want you guys to be able to let it go BEFORE you have to go through what we did LOL.

And, sex at first positive OPK is a bit of a cutoff anyway so there's that!

Yes, just a wee bit bummed here too LOL A wee bit.
    I read through it last night and read it again now. Great info and like I said before, definitely takes some stress off of me, in regards to swaying. Thanks for all the hard work and wonderful information

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post